[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade help...Vick

Moneyshot

Hey gang. I play in a 12 team Dynasty league (each team retains 10 players). I am trying to get Vick. The team that has him has McNabb and Leftwich, so Vick is expendable to him. I think I can get him for my 1st round pick (3rd overall).

My only other QB is Big Ben, so obviously I need help at QB.

I would normally, draft a RB with that pick, but I thing I'm OK. (Portis, D. Davis, S. Jackson)

QB's - 3 pt/TD, 1 pt./ 50 yd passing, 6 pt./TD run

RB's - 6 pt/TD, 1 pt./25 rushing

Well, what do ya think?

Vick for my pick?

Hey gang. I play in a 12 team Dynasty league (each team retains 10 players). I am trying to get Vick. The team that has him has McNabb and Leftwich, so Vick is expendable to him. I think I can get him for my 1st round pick (3rd overall).

I would normally, draft a RB with that pick, but I thing I'm OK. (Portis, D. Davis, S. Jackson)

Well, what do ya think?

Vick for my pick?

745739[/snapback]

well, not really. I did get an offer for Bulger, but he wanted my 1st pick and Micheal Clayton. I want to keep Clayton. He should be decent.

I know Vick is hit or miss, but if he "hits" he could be outstanding.

well, not really. I did get an offer for Bulger, but he wanted my 1st pick and Micheal Clayton. I want to keep Clayton. He should be decent.

I know Vick is hit or miss, but if he "hits" he could be outstanding.

745947[/snapback]

I'd go ahead and do it.

It looks like a good trade, i'm not overly familiar with dynasty leagues, do you guys draft college kids in a seperate draft or will they all enter the draft this year with all the unprotected players ? if you do not draft them seperatly than i might keep the number 3 and pick up one of the stud rbs coming in and try to trade portis for vick or bulger.

I'd go ahead and do it.

745964[/snapback]

Dynasty league is the same as a regular keeper league, except instead of keeping 2-3 players we keep 10. Our draft is mostly rookies with a few veterans thrown in.

I'd like to hang on to Portis, I think he will be back to form. Maybe I should just draft the best RB at 3 and see what happens after that.

Dynasty league is the same as a regular keeper league, except instead of keeping 2-3 players we keep 10. Our draft is mostly rookies with a few veterans thrown in.

I'd like to hang on to Portis, I think he will be back to form. Maybe I should just draft the best RB at 3 and see what happens after that.

746006[/snapback]

looking at the potential talent in the upcoming draft especially at rb it would be hard not to keep the pick and roll the dice, but you have 3 good young backs already.have you thought about taking mike williams or braylon edwards in the first round?alot of people could be high on clayton and you might be able to trade him and maybe a 2nd round pick for vick?

Edited by The Darkside

looking at the potential talent in the upcoming draft especially at rb it would be hard not to keep the pick and roll the dice, but you have 3 good young backs already.have you thought about taking mike williams or braylon edwards in the first round?alot of people could be high on clayton and you might be able to trade him and maybe a 2nd round pick for vick?

746034[/snapback]

Not a bad idea. except the Vick owner already has R. Moss, Owens and Roy Williams.

vick is looking like your best option here. what about bulger, you said the guy wants clayton and your first rounder is he firm on that? would he swap you first rounders in the deal? i dont think bulger is that bad of and option. if you could get bulger and his first rounder you could still land a mike williams or braylon edwards to replace clayton.

Edited by The Darkside

I have Vick in a Both keeper league, I put him up for a trade and can't even get an offer. He has a 9th round tag attached. No bites :D

Well, what do ya think?

Vick for my pick?

745739[/snapback]

With your scoring system, I don't see Vick being as valuable as C.Benson, C.Williams, R.Brown, M.Williams, or B.Edwards (not knowing of course who's drafting who yet). Maybe for 1 year, then you have keeper studs for years. I don't know your WRs other than Clayton, who will be a monster this year IMO. W/ 10 keepers you can assume most owners will keep 2-3 RBs, 2-3 WRs, 1-2 QBs, maybe a TE or a D/ST. There will be servicable QBs around w/ your 2nd pick. Go for a long-term stud, not a risky quick fix at QB in a dynasty league.

I wish you guys were in my league.

I'm not sold on Vick. Rushing yardage is nice, but I bet Roethliesberger performs better for you in the near future. I also think the back this year have a chance to be special, especially Ronnie Brown. He'll probably be gone at 3, but I'd prefer having him to Vick.

wolfden = .3 posts per day

not around these parts too much are ya

746261[/snapback]

If my original username hadn't been lost in the purge, it'd be a lot lower than .3 per day. Been mainly a lurker at The Huddle since 1999.

I think the trade is very tempting because of what Vick could become if he learns how to pass effectively. But, I agree with a few others and like the potential of the RB's coming out and Braylon Edwards. With your young backs I think I would jump on Edwards, unless of course you are stacked at WR and have more than Clayton.

I would make thie trade but before you do it make sure there will not be a better qb that you may pick up in the 1st or 2nd round. Don't forget by you trading this pick he will become a stronger team by having those two picks in the first round. If no other QB'S that you don't like make the trade if so look at other options. I traded my 1st for L. Jordan plus his 3rd and 4th pick only keeper rb I had was Dillon so I needed this move. Good luck.

Are you kidding me. Vick has done NOTHING to prove he is a #1 QB. and your scoring system is not set up for the type of game he plays. If you got points for rushing yards maybe. What about completions any points there? Vick is lucky to get 50 yards passing in a half here are his stats:

passing yard

wk1 163, wk2 179, wk3 115, wk4 148 ect. actually he did have 1 game over 200 but that was against the saints, and totaled 2313 yards (28th of any starting QB)

rushing TD's he had a total of 7 that = 42 pts in your system.

I would think twice.