[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pistons / Heat Series

whomper

Anybody that knows anything about the game of basketball and it's rules knows that the officiating in last night's game was terrible- both ways. The Pistons started their "thug-like" defense when they became frustrated with the officiating. The Heat were doing the same thing as the Pistons, yet were not getting called for it. Terrible officiating, bottomline.

And who is your favorite Bucks player? My guess would be Sikma!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said it is my opinion and I know the frustration and feeling of refs taking over games and not calling games the same on both ends. But until the NBA tells the refs to call it like it states in the book nothing is going to change.

Favorite Bucks player of all time is Marquess Johnson, but Sydney Moncrief, Paul Pressey, Bob Lanier, and current Buck Desmond Mason. I don't like Sikma.

Would a healthy Dwyane [note the spelling] Wade have changed the end result in Game 6?  :D

Should be an interesting game 7.

832051[/snapback]

I'm not sure he would have made enough of a difference for the Heat to win, but they are obviously in trouble without him.

Let's go Pistons!

I cannot wait until Darko makes an appearance in game 7 tonight!!! I hope it is at the very beginning of the game, just long enough to punch Wade in the ribs. Seriously, I hope tonight's game is good (as there hasn't been one yet in this series) and the Pistons pull it off.

The percentages are pulling in their favor. First I heard that 84% of teams that win game 5 go on to win the series. Now I'm hearing 82% of home teams win a series in game 7. The percentage just keeps dropping and dropping. I wonder what the winning percentage is for home teams in a game seven, that won game 5, and are losing after the first quarter is?

Puddy..What is in the local news about Darko..Is he coming along and will he be able to contribute as was the plan when they took him? or is he a huge bust..I personally wanted Melo bad..

Uh-oh, looks like I might have to save my song for the next series. . .

833418[/snapback]

Shaq goes home yet again at the hand of the Pistons..D@mn shame :D

Puddy..What is in the local news about Darko..Is he coming along and will he be able to contribute as was the plan when they took him? or is he a huge bust..I personally wanted Melo bad..

833287[/snapback]

Many people in Detroit have been calling Darko a bust all year. The thing is, we have no idea. One explanation of why Rick Carlisle was let go and Larry Brown brought in (other than Brown's obvious stellar resume) was that Carlisle refused to let our young guys play - in particular Tayshaun Prince - therefore thwarting their development.

Well Brown hasn't given Darko hardly any playing time at all. LB trusts his veterans way more than young players. Darko looks confused and passive when in the game. However, the Pistons were in the unique position of drafting second overall when they already had a team capable of winning the championship. This allowed them to take more time to develop a project like Milicic. Well, at this pace he should be ready to contribute in 2015. Looks like the jury is still out on him.

A lot of folks were clamoring for Carmelo in the draft. In hindsight, I'm not that upset about missing out on him. I'm not a fan of his attitude and he doesn't know what defense is. Plus, conventional wisdom was that the Pistons already had their young blossoming small forward in Prince. Now if we had only taken Dwayne Wade second overall :D.

Wade is better than Billups in the same way that Fred Taylor is better than Curtis Martin.

833432[/snapback]

Polk - I understand that you have man-love for Chauncey :D . I have a great deal of respect for him as a player. He's a very solid performer and hits clutch shots. But I think you may be the only person who would take him over Wade. Wade has freakish talent and is just scratching the surface of what he is capable of doing.

I agree that Shaq has helped his game immensely this year. However, Wade was improving by leaps and bounds as his rookie year went along last year without Shaq. He is a special player who comes along every so often.

I agree.  The Spurs will get their third title.

833447[/snapback]

That would be one helluva repeat, since they didn't even make the finals last year! Pistons will take the title out of will and determination. I suppose everyone here that is not a Piston fan is now a Spur fan that thinks Ginobli is the best player since Dwyane Wade!

833287[/snapback]

I haven't heard many good things about Darko. Hell, I really haven't heard anything about Darko.

The thing that concerns me is that Darko has shown nothing - not even a flash - during his limited time on the floor. He floats around.

I'm thinking bust, but Dumars is pretty sharp. We shall see.

Did anyone else notice that Billups was laughing as he hit those final free throws to clinch the conference championship?

Pressure?  What pressure?

833580[/snapback]

You gotta think that that was just a charade. He had to be nervous as hell. But when you have excelled at something for a long time, it must seem like old hat! Billups is a stud where and when it counts - on the free throw line at the end of the game!

And who is your favorite Bucks player?  My guess would be Sikma!

830762[/snapback]

Don't knock the Jack. Only guy who could ever guard Kareem. Not to mention he has a ring.

Any Bucks fun who doesn't say Paul Mokeski is a loser.