[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pistons / Heat Series

whomper

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puddy..What is in the local news about Darko..Is he coming along and will he be able to contribute as was the plan when they took him? or is he a huge bust..I personally wanted Melo bad..

833287[/snapback]

I read a couple articles a little while back that basically said the same as what Puddy alluded to, Brown likes and trusts his veterans, but the speculation is that once he is gone after this season, the new coach will be pushing Darko for significant time next season to bring along his development. I think Detroit has a few fellas with expiring contracts so the roster will be less cluttered with solid players in the forward positions, allowing Darko to get some significant PT.

Not sure how accurate the report was and how much was speculation, but it made quite a bit of sense... basically the, Darko is not one of LB's guys but the next coach will be highly encouraged to find out what they have in him.

Polk - I understand that you have man-love for Chauncey :D .  I have a great deal of respect for him as a player.  He's a very solid performer and hits clutch shots.  But I think you may be the only person who would take him over Wade.  Wade has freakish talent and is just scratching the surface of what he is capable of doing. 

I agree that Shaq has helped his game immensely this year.  However, Wade was improving by leaps and bounds as his rookie year went along last year without Shaq.  He is a special player who comes along every so often.

833466[/snapback]

True dat, and that is why Mike Vick is ten times better than Brady!!

Give me a winner all day long. Do you think we should drop Big Ben for Korleone Young?

You gotta think that that was just a charade.  He had to be nervous as hell.  But when you have excelled at something for a long time, it must seem like old hat!  Billups is a stud where and when it counts - on the free throw line at the end of the game!

833605[/snapback]

Worst personnel decision in the history of basketball -

Timberwolves tell Billups he can't be the starter and should go to free agency because the Wolves already have their starter - Terrell Brandon, who never played again. :D

Worst personnel decision in the history of basketball -

Timberwolves tell Billups he can't be the starter and should go to free agency because the Wolves already have their starter - Terrell Brandon, who never played again.  :D

834465[/snapback]

:D

Pistons are D O N E.

830512[/snapback]

:D

Just curious Hook. Are you rooting against the Pistons solely because of November 19th? What's not to like about them? No true superstars. Bunch of guys nobody else really wanted working together as a true team. I thinks it's refreshing..

What's not to like?

1. Biggest reason: Rasheed Wallace

2. They foul, foul, foul and then look around in disbelief when they are called for it. (But every NBA team does that. The Pistons just seem to call it good "defense".) The Pacers were getting screwed by the officiating all series against the Pistons. When the Pistons got some "questionable" officiating in Game 5 vs. Heat, I thought half the team was gonna break down in tears.

3. Rasheed Wallace is the epitome of everything wrong with NBA players.

4. They beat the Pacers. I have to admit, I'm a bitter Indy fan. Colts lose to Pats for two straight years and go on to win Super Bowl. Pistons beat Pacers two years in a row. . .

5. Did I mention that Rasheed Wallace is a horse's ass?

6. Rasheed Wallace.

Edited by CaptainHook

What's not to like?

1. Biggest reason: Rasheed Wallace

2. They foul, foul, foul and then look around in disbelief when they are called for it.  (But every NBA team does that.  The Pistons just seem to call it good "defense".)  The Pacers were getting screwed by the officiating all series against the Pistons.  When the Pistons got some "questionable" officiating in Game 5 vs. Heat, I thought half the team was gonna break down in tears.

3. Rasheed Wallace is the epitome of everything wrong with NBA players.

4. They beat the Pacers.  I have to admit, I'm a bitter Indy fan.  Colts lose to Pats for two straight years and go on to win Super Bowl.  Pistons beat Pacers two years in a row. . .

5.  Did I mention that Rasheed Wallace is a horse's ass?

6.  Rasheed Wallace.

834496[/snapback]

You clearly know nothing whatsoever about Rasheed Wallace. If others in the NBA were half the person he is, the league would be in a lot better shape.

True dat, and that is why Mike Vick is ten times better than Brady!!

Give me a winner all day long. Do you think we should drop Big Ben for Korleone Young?

834420[/snapback]

Nice. One must really know his hoops if he can drop a name like Korleone Young. I'm impressed, polk. :D

Pre-edit: I'm serious, btw. :D

You clearly know nothing whatsoever about Rasheed Wallace.  If others in the NBA were half the person he is, the league would be in a lot better shape.

834542[/snapback]

Ya mean like smokin' weed? Or being a technical foul looking for a place to happen? Or like disappearing in Games 5 and 6 against the Heat?

Nice.  One must really know his hoops if he can drop a name like Korleone Young.  I'm impressed, polk.  :D

Pre-edit:  I'm serious, btw.  :D

834549[/snapback]

Excellent, I was about to cal out Puddy.

Perhaps you and I should start a "Bring back Korleone" movement?

Is he still in Turkey?

Excellent, I was about to cal out Puddy.

Perhaps you and I should start a "Bring back Korleone" movement?

Is he still in Turkey?

835536[/snapback]

Probably playing with Khalid El-Amin and Cliff Kingsbury. They toke from a big purple bong at halftime. Life is good in Turkey.