[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm virused up

loaf

I've got Antispyware 2008 XP virus...all search engines have had their search results redirected. I can't download hijack this. When I send the link to myself and click on it, it says it can't find the web page. Happens for most links I send to myself. Ran virus scans with my McAfee, spybot, adaware, spyware doctor. taken out the registry keys it creates, taken it out of the processes. nothing works. All search results for removing the virus wants me to buy their protection. that didn't work (spyware doctor was what I got). trying this now http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?...fd909666f809b26

but don't know if it will let me open it up. any suggestions?

Can you get it to boot in safe mode?

I'm going to try that tonight. I had had enough after 4 hours of messing with it.

problem is that this virus spoofs the search engine pages and when I click on a link, it opens up a redirected lilnk not even remotely close to what I originally clicked on. It also makes pages come up as not displayable. I've been sending emails to myself from my laptop in hopes of opening up a link but the virus doesn't let it open up the links. Nasty one I tell ya.

I'm going to try that tonight. I had had enough after 4 hours of messing with it.

problem is that this virus spoofs the search engine pages and when I click on a link, it opens up a redirected lilnk not even remotely close to what I originally clicked on. It also makes pages come up as not displayable. I've been sending emails to myself from my laptop in hopes of opening up a link but the virus doesn't let it open up the links. Nasty one I tell ya.

Download the software to another computer...burn it to disk...and then install on the infected computer. Should be able to install in safe mode.

there were three replies I was waiting for when I started this. Polk hit his usual, TimC did the second. Still waiting for the Buy an Apple reply. Anyone?

riddle me this, why don't you try what I told you?

All you do is eject the disc and reboot to windows once it is healed. You can burn a cd at work can you not?

Use another computer to do the downloads, and burn to flash drive, this is currently one of the best free programs I have found for new malware, which is what you have: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Also, download and run this: http://vundofix.atribune.org/

Install and run both in safe mode, you can also download and run the trial version of webroots spysweeper.

I have found these tools to far surpass what adaware and spybot currently do.

Use another computer to do the downloads, and burn to flash drive, this is currently one of the best free programs I have found for new malware, which is what you have: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Also, download and run this: http://vundofix.atribune.org/

Install and run both in safe mode, you can also download and run the trial version of webroots spysweeper.

I have found these tools to far surpass what adaware and spybot currently do.

well, this kinda worked but still getting popups and page cannot be displayed messages. downloading mepis now and see how that goes

Make sure you remove your system restore files, this can be cleaned, you don't need to waste time on that linux crap.

You need to see where the blank pages are directing you too, also, run hijack this in safe mode, google the names of the sites it is trying to load, this is common and I know you are savvy enough to do it.

Make sure you remove your system restore files, this can be cleaned, you don't need to waste time on that linux crap.

You need to see where the blank pages are directing you too, also, run hijack this in safe mode, google the names of the sites it is trying to load, this is common and I know you are savvy enough to do it.

My system restore files on Linux seem to never get corrupted by viruses. What is that about Boo?