[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WORLD CUP--FANTASY GAME

wiegie

Here is the link to the game: http://en.fifaworldcup.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

The group ID is: 23044

Password: ghey

WE ARE TWEAKING THE RULES TO THE GAME. SIMILAR TO THE SMACKBOWL, YOU WILL ONLY SELECT 11 PLAYERS AND THEN USE THESE PLAYERS FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD CUP. (The online game allows you to change your line-up along the way, but we are not doing this.)

The rest of the rules for our league will be the same as on the website, such as:

1) You can pick a maximum of three players from each team. (This is different from the Smackbowl in which you could stock your roster with players from one team).

2) You can pick the "flex" positions according to the website.

3) You will pick a captain of your team (who earns double-points), but the captain you choose will be your captain for the entire World Cup.

It will be a free league. (However, if a subset of people want to compete for fabulous prizes amongst themselves, that would work too. I would likely be willing to do that, but I can't collect the money since I will be offline from about the 6th-15th.)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In, trying to set up a team of all plyers with 1 name, but there are too many Brazilians. :D So I went with people I've heard of. :D

Edited by Selly

Um....how do I get to the 23044 site?  Darn thing just takes me to the main signup page and wants me to choose a public group.  :D

1497742[/snapback]

You have to choose a public group first (which is basically just geographic specific) and then it will let you join a private group.

So we only get 11 guys, no changing rosters, no subs, there might be days that no one is playing, we have to pick G,D,D,D,M,M,M,F,F + 2 flex positions, and hope for the best? Sorta takes away most, if not all, of the strategy, no?

I know it's just for fun and most people here don't know jack about soccer, but at least make it something other than guesswork and luck.

This is kind of crazy....ah well, I went with players from the top teams.

Wait, I just read our rules. The 1-11 is all we get? No changes all the way through?

Edited by godtomsatan

There will be no changes, because initially people wanted to keep it as simple as possible. (And more importantly, I will be without internet access from tomorrow until June 16th or so.)

If you think the contest is lame, then blame it on DMD and his stupid Smackbowl rules. :D

Here is the link to the game: http://en.fifaworldcup.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

The group ID is: 23044

Password: ghey

WE ARE TWEAKING THE RULES TO THE GAME. SIMILAR TO THE SMACKBOWL, YOU WILL ONLY SELECT 11 PLAYERS AND THEN USE THESE PLAYERS FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD CUP. (The online game allows you to change your line-up along the way, but we are not doing this.)

The rest of the rules for our league will be the same as on the website, such as:

1) You can pick a maximum of three players from each team. (This is different from the Smackbowl in which you could stock your roster with players from one team).

2) You can pick the "flex" positions according to the website.

3) You will pick a captain of your team (who earns double-points), but the captain you choose will be your captain for the entire World Cup.

It will be a free league. (However, if a subset of people want to compete for fabulous prizes amongst themselves, that would work too. I would likely be willing to do that, but I can't collect the money since I will be offline from about the 6th-15th.)

Is someone marking down the opening rosters to make sure nobody changes their captain, etc?

There will be no changes, because initially people wanted to keep it as simple as possible. (And more importantly, I will be without internet access from tomorrow until June 16th or so.)

If you think the contest is lame, then blame it on DMD and his stupid Smackbowl rules. :D

I'm not complaining about the rules per se. I'm just not clear as to what they are, exactly.

I picked 23 players on my roster per the instructions of the Yahoo league. Should I have only picked 11?

And as far as simplicity goes, playing by the rules of the Yahoo game seem a helluva lot easier than making up your own that requires an honor system to abide by, especially when you're going to be gone for the 1st week of the tournment.... :D