[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

survey says

Azazello1313

46 members have voted

1. 1. pick one

• the same lamp for each table
    • different (but similar) lamps
    • completely different lamps to add interest and variety

Can't get the link to open, so perhaps I will need to edit this.

Even if the tables are similar (don't know since the page isn't loading), I would go with completely different lamps. Going "same lamp" looks far too "hotel lobby" for my personal tastes.

If you went "similar lamps", they might look TOO similar, in which case, see above.

And again, since I can't get the page to load, I'm not sure what sort of room we are talking here. But getting lamps in the same "style" (retro, modern, classic, etc.) would certainly be advisable.

Edit:

OK, got the page to load. So we're looking at a bedroom with two of the same night-stands. Because of the layout of the room and the fact that you have the exact same pieces on either side of the bed, I might consider two of the same lamps. This appears to be a guest room, in which case the "hotel look" wouldn't be too terrible.

While you're at it, get rid of the gaudy ceiling fan fixture. :D

Edited by darin3

Can't get the link to open, so perhaps I will need to edit this.

Even if the tables are similar (don't know since the page isn't loading), I would go with completely different lamps. Going "same lamp" looks far too "hotel lobby" for my personal tastes.

If you went "similar lamps", they might look TOO similar, in which case, see above.

And again, since I can't get the page to load, I'm not sure what sort of room we are talking here. But getting lamps in the same "style" (retro, modern, classic, etc.) would certainly be advisable.

Edit:

OK, got the page to load. So we're looking at a bedroom with two of the same night-stands. Because of the layout of the room and the fact that you have the exact same pieces on either side of the bed, I might consider two of the same lamps. This appears to be a guest room, in which case the "hotel look" wouldn't be too terrible.

While you're at it, get rid of the gaudy ceiling fan fixture. :D

not a guest room, she just snapped those pix right after they moved the stuff in and before she moved anything else back. my old lamps won't cut it, though. hotel look is not so desireable (at least not to me).

i inherited a whole house full of fixtures exactly like that :D believe me, that f'er is the next thing to go. then those dam curtains.

not a guest room, she just snapped those pix right after they moved the stuff in and before she moved anything else back. my old lamps won't cut it, though. hotel look is not so desireable (at least not to me).

i inherited a whole house full of fixtures exactly like that :D believe me, that f'er is the next thing to go. then those dam curtains.

In that case, I would probably go with different lamps - one that suits "your style" and one that suits hers. Maybe a couple lamps with similar colors, or if your tastes are similar, similar lamps with slightly different - but complimentary - color schemes.

Yes I watch far too much HGTV. :D

The link doesn't work.

Two identical nightstands on either side of the bed? Whatever you do, don't get identical lamps. Even if the nightstands don't match, don't get identical lamps.

Get a nice swing-arm lamp for one side and a table lamp for the other.

Here are a couple of nice lamps: 1 and 2.

Edited by Hankk

Ah, the link works.

I'd start over from scratch. The headboard is ok, although the dark color will limit your options. I'd probably lose the drapes and go with some blinds. There is kind of a funeral home atmosphere right now.

You definitely need different lamps on the nightstands with that set up.

And you already know about the ceiling fan.

Good luck. :D

she's thinking two of something like this

Those look really out of place in that room. That lamp is fairly light and airy. The room isn't. Plus the style is wrong. Nothing oriental about that room.

Get some color in there. If you are stuck with two of the same lamps, look at something like this. (I searched through Amazon.) I'm not crazy about that lamp, but it gives you some idea about color.

Edited by Hankk