[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Children of Men

kpholmes

Went and saw the late showing last night; simply amazing.

I was so impressed with the story line, acting and the action in the film. Was set in the future and had a very V for Vendetta feel to it. The ending was a bit abrupt, but overall it was awsome.

This movie really puts things into perspective. (such as how we take the joy of children for granted)

Two :D Everyone should go see it.

I saw this movie Friday night and have been singing it praises since. Its hard to explain what makes it soo great without boring the wits out of those that could give two Sega!s. Just believe me and go see this movie now!!!!

Children of Men... not bad, but not at all what I expected. I thought it was going to be a futuristic sci-fi adventure. I heard it being billed as the next Bladerunner. Its not anything close to that. So, having that expectation when I arrived, I left a bit disappointed.

Not to mention it is just the kind of movie that leaves you feeling hopeless. Even the ending just wasn't enough to overcome the hopelessness that the entire movie protrays (of course, I get it, that's the whole point).

So again not a bad movie at all, but go into with more of an expectation for a very slightly futuristic Saving Private Ryan, instead of a Bladerunner type of flick.

• 2 weeks later...

See this movie. See it now. I give it a 9.5/10.

A movie that really made me think about a world without children... and the materialistic tendencies of our society... I shed a couple tears towards the end of the movie as the soldiers fought the rebel uprising in the refugee camp.

Very sad movie - Had a similar feeling after seeing Leaving Las Vegas...

I saw it on Saturday night with the wife. I thought it would be thoughtful and deep. I was wrong. It was more action and gore. It left me with a pit in my stomach.

***Spoilers****

They really set the tone for the movie when in the first 90 seconds, they show a woman holding her own arm that was just blown off in an explosion. As for my wife and I on a date movie... that moment had us wondering right away if we should have maybe gone to see a romantic comedy instead. Yikes.

I really liked this flick, but the wife hated it. Nonetheless, it was still a bit different than I thought it would be. I was expecting more in terms of solid dialogue, etc., but it was really much more action oriented than I suspected. Nonetheless, I recommend it, but just don't go in thinking it is a Perfect 10.