[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

anyone seen lance briggs?

dmarc117

Lamborghini sports car found crashed on Edens may belong to Bears linebacker Briggs

7:42 AM CDT, August 27, 2007

State police this morning are trying to determine what happened to the driver of a Lamborghini luxury sports car believed to belong to Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs that was found crashed overnight along the Edens Expressway.

The heavily damaged 2007 Lamborghini Roadster was found around 3:14 a.m. off the northbound lanes of Interstate Highway 94 near Devon Avenue, Illinois State Police Sgt. Theodore Whittier said.

No one was found inside the car and there was no indication that anyone was injured in the crash, Whittier said.

Temporary Texas license plates were on the car, but permanent Illinois license plates registering the vehicle to Lance Briggs were found inside, Whittier said. Police would not confirm whether the Lance Briggs to whom the car and plates are registered is the Bears linebacker. The vehicle had not been reported stolen, Whittier added.

Leaving the scene of an accident is a felony offense, but at least he saved himself from a DUI...still a suspension would be probable in todays NFL...unless he can get someone to take the wrap for him. :D

In case you haven't noticed, felonies are not flying under Goodell's radar these days.

That said, it probably kept Briggs from being entered into the NFL substance abuse program, if it were indeed Briggs at the wheel.

In case you haven't noticed, felonies are not flying under Goodell's radar these days.

That said, it probably kept Briggs from being entered into the NFL substance abuse program, if it were indeed Briggs at the wheel.

:D You just said the exact same thing I did.

Leaving the scene of an accident is a felony offense, but at least he saved himself from a DUI...still a suspension would be probable in todays NFL...unless he can get someone to take the wrap for him. :D
I'm sure he just left the scene to see medical help. Yeah. That's it.

I hate leagues that draft 4 weeks before the season starts. . .I drafted Briggs in an IDP. I hope this doesn't mean suspension time for him. That is, if he's not in a body cast somewhere.

According to this article, leaving the scene of an accident is a misdemeanor.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2992847

CHICAGO -- A damaged black Lamborghini registered to Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs was found abandoned early Monday alongside the Edens Expressway on the city's North Side, authorities said.

Briggs

Illinois State Police officials said the 2007 Roadster was discovered around 3:15 a.m. on northbound I-94 near the Devon Avenue exit. It had crashed into a light pole.

"[The] registration comes back to Lance Briggs, however we don't know who was driving the car at the time," Master Sgt. Kyron St. Clair said.

Police said it doesn't appear that anyone was injured in the crash. Whoever was behind the wheel of the luxury Italian sports car could face misdemeanor charges for improper lane usage and leaving the scene of the accident, St. Clair said.

The vehicle had not been reported stolen, he said.

Authorities were trying to find the 26-year-old Bears star Monday morning to get more information about what might have happened.

Several team spokesmen did not immediately return messages left by The Associated Press early Monday, and phone calls were not answered at the Bears' public relations office.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

CHICAGO -- A damaged black Lamborghini registered to Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs was found abandoned early Monday alongside the Edens Expressway on the city's North Side, authorities said.

Briggs

Illinois State Police officials said the 2007 Roadster was discovered around 3:15 a.m. on northbound I-94 near the Devon Avenue exit. It had crashed into a light pole.

"[The] registration comes back to Lance Briggs, however we don't know who was driving the car at the time," Master Sgt. Kyron St. Clair said.

Police said it doesn't appear that anyone was injured in the crash. Whoever was behind the wheel of the luxury Italian sports car could face misdemeanor charges for improper lane usage and leaving the scene of the accident, St. Clair said.

The vehicle had not been reported stolen, he said.

Authorities were trying to find the 26-year-old Bears star Monday morning to get more information about what might have happened.

Several team spokesmen did not immediately return messages left by The Associated Press early Monday, and phone calls were not answered at the Bears' public relations office.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

I believe leaving the scene of an accident that involves property damage or bodily injury to another driver/vehicle is a felony. If you are alone on a country road with no cell service....and you flip your car....on can presume you can go and seek help...that is if you can walk straight!!!!

Maybe my mistake, I know leaving the scene where more than one vehicle is involved or hit & run is. Possibly the fact that it was only his car involved would make it a misdemeanor. Good thing for Briggs if it is...

Edited by rajncajn

One more year of his crap. Then someone else can overpay for him, and I'm looking forward to this already.

So he complains he wasn't making enough money, gets his $7 mill a year, then spends $350k of that on a car he then drives like a teenager. Hey, I'm a kid at heart and can let the purchase slide but frickin be a man about it.

what a moran, reports it stolen- would have loved to see one of his homeboys givin him the advice to do that-genius..........obviously was hammered or somkin some chronic- only reason to leave the scene.

granted MLB, NBA guys eff up as well, but these NFL cats are in a league of their own......... unreal.

Actually, leaving the scene is the smartest thing a person who has been drinking can do. Once you've left, the police can no longer administer a breathalyzer or a sobriety test. It wouldn't hold up in court because you can say you were so shaken up that you left and had a drink. In fact, the police can't even ask you to come back to the scene to avoid getting a ticket for leaving it in the first place, because that would be the equivalent of offering legal advice from a police officer. So to assume that he was drinking, and since there were no other parties involved in the accident, he did the smartest thing possible.....buying a $350,000 performance machine in a city that ranks only 2nd to NYC with the number of stoplights and stop signs per square mile(one on every block)....stupid.

Actually, leaving the scene is the smartest thing a person who has been drinking can do. Once you've left, the police can no longer administer a breathalyzer or a sobriety test. It wouldn't hold up in court because you can say you were so shaken up that you left and had a drink. In fact, the police can't even ask you to come back to the scene to avoid getting a ticket for leaving it in the first place, because that would be the equivalent of offering legal advice from a police officer. So to assume that he was drinking, and since there were no other parties involved in the accident, he did the smartest thing possible.....buying a $350,000 performance machine in a city that ranks only 2nd to NYC with the number of stoplights and stop signs per square mile(one on every block)....stupid.

Yes, but spending $350,000 on a car in a less congested area is brilliant. . .

:D

this works :D

Yes, but spending $350,000 on a car in a less congested area is brilliant. . .

:D

If you've got the cash, and that's your thing, go for it. At least in areas like Texas, Cali, the New England States, etc., there's room to open it up. Having a Lambo stuck in first gear just seems pointless to me, but what do I know....I'm a gas-guzzling, 4 wheel drive on paved roads, SUV kinda guy.

this works :D

This works only if no other parties are involved in your accident...e.g., you hit a tree. Then it's only a misdameanor for leaving the scene, if others are involved it could be a felony. But yes, if you leave, go home or to a bar/restaurant, call the police and say you were in an accident and you left because you were really shook-up, and, oh, by the way, I had a drink or two when I got here just to calm my nerves, that's it. It's over. Nothing they can do. But do me a favor, don't drink and drive...get a cab, it's easier in the long run.