[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marley & Me

peepinmofo

So just got back from Marley and Me... Pretty good flick. Lots of people crying in the theater. It hit really close to home because of losing my 1st dog a month ago.

Pretty good flick though. :wacko:

ETA - Can someone fix the title to "Me"?

ETA - Big Ernie LOVES him some balls in his mouth!!

Edited by peepinmofo

I can't watch any movie in which the dog dies a lingering death at the end. Old Yeller was the first and last.

I saw Old Yeller when I was a youngster and while I know I cried, this movie made me look like a grown up baby. I attribute the timing to it, but still, I probably would have cried just like everyone else there.

Oh great my 12 year just got a puppy and wants to go see this movie tonight after swim practice----what do I tell her or do I just go along and pretend I don't know whats going to happen

"Honey, the puppy dies a lingering death at the end... are you sure you want to see it?"

I heard the review today and a bit of a spoiler - no way I'll see this flick. I lost a lab to an untimely death several years ago. This movie hits a little too close to home.

That is where I am. I lost my Hersh in 2000. 120# lovable boy, chocolate lab. A bark that could make you crap your pants, but a personality second to none.

We currently have Nilly. A troublesome dog a t times, but we love her. No way I'm watching Marley! Nilly has cushings now and I don't need a downer.

I'm sure it's a good movie.But after I had to put my namesake down at the ripe old age of four six years ago due to terminal cancer,I'm not sure I can go see this knowing what happens.It sucked bad enough six years ago.

I'm not paying to watch what I've already been through.

You opened the thread... :wacko:

The dog dies.

Oops. So I know the dog dies, don't they all? I'll still try to enjoy the read. BTW, our little cocker got herself into a large cache of foil-wrapped chocolate this morning. I had to induce vomiting and, by cracky, the hydrogen peroxide works quite well. All chocolate and wrappers were properly disposed of out of the front end, which I was happy about. She's been happy as hell ever since.

Yeah, people that haven't read the book are going to be in for a big surprise at the end. I'm sure this is a great movie and all but it sucks in so many ways. People are going to bring their young children to go and see this movie then have to deal with the aftermath.

No way will I see this movie, the book was enough.

The dog must never die in a movie. :wacko:

Man Law.

Yeah, people that haven't read the book are going to be in for a big surprise at the end. I'm sure this is a great movie and all but it sucks in so many ways. People are going to bring their young children to go and see this movie then have to deal with the aftermath. No way will I see this movie, the book was enough.

Man Law.

I agree. Especially with what's bolded.

I think if you do bring your young ens to this movie, you should be prepared to talk about it with them afterwords. We all went through it watching "Old Yeller" and/or reading "Where The Red Fern Grows" as kids. Its a very good life story for them without all the blood and gore. Just have an uplifting option for them afterwords.

Yeah, people that haven't read the book are going to be in for a big surprise at the end. I'm sure this is a great movie and all but it sucks in so many ways. People are going to bring their young children to go and see this movie then have to deal with the aftermath.

No way will I see this movie, the book was enough.

Man Law.

Hear, Hear

Man Law.

Wurd. :D

Where Red Fern Grows & Old Yeller are the only movies that ever made me cry. Where the Red Fern Grows holds more meaning for me now that we have a redbone hound. They are one of those personal special breeds - one that really molds with my personality. That movie would have be blubbering if I watched it now. :D

I had no idea either. I never even knew this was a book. I thought this was a fluff, zany dog movie along the likes of beethoven. Im glad I didnt bring my kids. It would be an unexpected dagger to the nuts "Terabithia style"