[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Avoiding Jury Duty

Double Agent

Why respond at all? Just pretend it got lost in the mail?

I suppose "doesn't live here" means they'd stop sending them?

Is that legal? You're kinda lying to the gubberment.

I was on call for jury duty this past month. I was not needed though and did not have to appear. I called the night before each day I was scheduled to see if I was needed. The sheriff delivered the summons to my house and put it in my wifes hand. I guess I could have said she never gave it to me but I didn't want to take that chance. I won't pretend I wanted to serve but if I was called I would have done the best job I could.

Is that legal? You're kinda lying to the gubberment.

And if there's one thing gubberment knows a lot about, its lying.

I never get called for jury duty. I mark ATTORNEY big and bold on the information card and, surprisingly, neither side ever wants me to serve. The one time I did get called back in Houston I made it to voir dire. Walked into the court, saw defense counsel, waived to him and said "Hey, Mark!" The judge called me to the bench and asked how we knew each other and I told him the truth: we were members of the Scotch Club in law school. :wacko: Needless to say, plaintiff's counsel had me thrown off the jury. Booze 1 - legal system 0. :D

Edited by yo mama

And if there's one thing gubberment knows a lot about, its lying.

I never get called for jury duty. I mark ATTORNEY big and bold on the information card and, surprisingly, neither side ever wants me to serve. The one time I did get called back in Houston I made it to voir dire. Walked into the court, saw defense counsel, waived to him and said "Hey, Mark!" The judge called me to the bench and asked how we knew each other and I told him the truth: we were members of the Scotch Club in law school. :wacko: Needless to say, plaintiff's counsel had me thrown off the jury. Booze 1 - legal system 0. :D

:D

I've never been called to serve.

+1 and I find it odd. I figure when I do get called I will have vacation planned during that time or something.