[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Schaub to supplant Vick???

Guest Sores

MORA GETTING SICK OF VICK?

Word around the league is that new Falcons coach Jim Mora quickly is tiring of quarterback Michael Vick's "I'm hurt/I'm not hurt" routine. 

In fact, it's getting to the point that some league insiders are openly wondering whether the Falcons will turn the team over in due time to rookie Matt Schaub, one of the most highly regarded college quarterbacks entering the 2003 NCAA season.  Injuries marred a potential Heisman run and dropped him into the third round of the draft.

As one scout told us, "Vick is a talent but has a low pain threshold.  I don't think the Falcons will move him, but if the aches continue and Schaub shows he can get it done, down the line you never know."

Vick was a late scratch from the Falcons' most recent preseason game due to tightness in his right hamstring.  He has thrown a total of nine passes in his first preseason working with the West Coast offense.

Just for fun, we made a short list of potential destinations for Vick, if the Falcons decide within the next year or so to make a move.  As of now, we could envision the Dolphins, the Browns, the Cowboys, the Lions, the Packers, the Saints, and the Cardinals as having an interest in acquiring Vick's services.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's better than Vick but hopefully like I said earlier today, the Falcons will have to get rid of Schaub because he's making Vick uncomfortable. I've got a direct line to the Tuna and Dallas is already prepared to offer Henson, a 3rd round pick and Danny White's left testicle for Schaub. That would seriously screw up my plans. :hoppingmad:

Schaub is the better QB, but Vick is the better rusher.

378609[/snapback]

Agreed....so what do you do? Turn Vick into some sort of hybrid slash type? Can't do that, he is too fragile.

Agreed....so what do you do?  Turn Vick into some sort of hybrid slash type?  Can't do that, he is too fragile.

378616[/snapback]

You send Schaub to Dallas and hope for the best with Henson and an extra 3rd rounder.

I wish.

As someone said yesterday, Atlanta simply has too much invested in Vick. Keep Schuab and you hope to increase his trade value when, not if, Vick gets hurt.

:D  honestly, have you seen Schaub play, I know it is only pre-season but the guy's got something other than a big bag of nothing.

378653[/snapback]

yes, but does he have a Gorbachevesque winestain mark on his face?

I though he was dead.

378675[/snapback]

Gorby is almost dead...but Spain is referring to Brees in a sophomoric attempt at humor in order to try and deflect from the Brees vs. Schaub comparison.

Edited by Sores

Gorby is dead...but Spain is referring to Brees in a sophomoric attempt at humor in order to try and deflect from the Brees vs. Schaub comparison.

378681[/snapback]

Since when is Gorby dead? He was just at Reagan's funeral. He looked pretty healthy there, for a dead guy.

Now Thatcher on the other hand... That broad did look dead.

Since when is Gorby dead?  He was just at Reagan's funeral.  He looked pretty healthy there, for a dead guy. 

Now Thatcher on the other hand... That broad did look dead.

378697[/snapback]

thanks...fixed it

Or maybe it is just that Vick is in no hurry to get out there and play in the preseason.

378731[/snapback]

If thats the case....I am glad I am not a Falcon fan....waiting for Vick to learn a new offense during the regular season. He isn't playing (much)...he isn't practicing (much).....when is he supposed to get acclimated to the new system? I am not saying Schaub WILL replace him in the lineup any time soon (not until Vick gets hurt)....but the regular season is not the time to be learning a new offense and getting in sync at game speed with a cache of new receivers.

Why's everyone got such a hard on for Schaub? A few semi-decent passes in pre-season games? Unless I'm missing something. :D Enlighten me.

378708[/snapback]

Actually, I though Schaub was dead.

Here are his pre-season stats against 1st string defenses:

@ Balt 12 for 24 108 yards passing and 3 Ints

v. Min 16 for 19 205 yards passing and 3 TDs 0 Ints

v. Cin 14 for 20 214 yards passing and 3 TDs 0 Ints

42 for 63 with 527 yards passing 6 Tds and 3 Ints total.

Again, I know it is pre-season and that defenses are in flux but those are gawdy #s for a rookie, nevertheless. Add to that, what I saw with my own two eyes. If you have the NFL network see if they show any of the 3 games and see for yourself.

Again, I know it is pre-season and that defenses are in flux but those are gawdy #s for a rookie, nevertheless.  Add to that, what I saw with my own two eyes.  If you have the NFL network see if they show any of the 3 games and see for yourself.

378743[/snapback]

The Packers are kicking themselves for trading up to get a lousy punter and passing on Schaub. He and Losman were the two QB's they liked in the draft and while Losman was picked ahead of them in the first, they could have grabbed Schaub and a potential successor to Favre. Instead they have a dreadful punting situation on their hands.

Edited by Sores

Again, I know it is pre-season and that defenses are in flux but those are gawdy #s for a rookie, nevertheless.  Add to that, what I saw with my own two eyes.  If you have the NFL network see if they show any of the 3 games and see for yourself.

378743[/snapback]

But that's it Club? 3 pre-season games and everyone is foaming at the mouth when talking about him. I just don't get it. They're decent numbers (not Vinnie Testaverde-like, but decent :D), but that's it, some OK numbers in a few pre-season games.

Like I said, maybe it's me or maybe I'm skeptical or maybe I'm just missing something.