[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Schaub to supplant Vick???

Guest Sores

I think that this is just a negative feedback from all the media hype and nothing tangible that says he can't lead a team...........

387028[/snapback]

first drive 1 pass, 1 interception

second drive 2 passes, zero completions

third drive: M.Vick sacked at ATL 25 for -8 yards (L.Arrington). FUMBLES (L.Arrington), RECOVERED by WAS-A.Pierce at ATL 23. A.Pierce for 23 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

fourth drive: Schaub enters game

Edited by Sores

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first drive 1 pass, 1 interception

second drive 2 passes, zero completions

third drive: M.Vick sacked at ATL 25 for -8 yards (L.Arrington). FUMBLES (L.Arrington), RECOVERED by WAS-A.Pierce at ATL 23. A.Pierce for 23 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

fourth drive: Schaub enters game

387066[/snapback]

I strongly beleive that Vick warrants the ranking if he remains healthy but he is noted as a risk and not a Tier 1 QB because of it. His rushing yardage alone vastly increases his value and he will have far better receivers this year than he has ever had.  Going in, you know you will either get good points with Vick or he will get injured and screw you. I would not personally want Vick because I don't like the risk involved but he is an undeniable talent. While I take preseason into account, it's not really all that much indicative of a player's in season performance. In most cases, people read too much into preseason.

386954[/snapback]

Did anyone even see the Falcons-Redskins game?  From what I read the Redskins blitzed the heck out of Vick and many of them came in unchecked including when Arrington came in caused Vick to fumble................

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20040903028&prov=ap

387082[/snapback]

What makes you think come regular season, that isn't used as a blueprint to put him on the bench every week?

typing in small letters as my youngest is in one arm....

but phenom, if you are so vehemently defending vick, let's make a sig line wager on his stats/performance/team record for the year....

I hear you defending but I am not sure what you are saying?? He will he be good? Give him a chance? Give peace a chance? What? (I am kidding, no offense).

Let me know.

red

Thanks for the support Vatican.

Don't get sensitive Chavez I'm talking about the whole Seattle situation down there for the last 5 years.  Shawn Springs potential as a supposed shut down corner.  No longer with the team.  Matt Hasselbecks potential as a viable starting QB.  Took him 3 years to finally produce results and he still hasn't won a playoff game.

Who is overseeing this player development?

Holmgren.

Is it going to take another 3 days to get a response on this too.............

Some of us have this thing called a "life", you might want to check into one.

Anyway, I'd say Holmgren is the exception to the rule; doesn't hurt that he was coach AND GM for the bulk of that time - usually the GM drafts players who for whatever reason don't pan out and said GM begins thinking "well, I'm giving the coach the talent to win, HE must be the problem." Bam - one fired coach. No doubt the Walrus was thinking that since he was picking out the talent and coaching it, the players were unmotivated.

• 3 months later...
Schaub is the better QB, but Vick is the better rusher.

378609[/snapback]

Typical flip-flop by our village idiot!

If you don't know, StoneWall and WaterMan are the same person.

Nice Schaub....

QB Ratio of 35, 17/41 188 yards 2 INT and 1 fumble, and a loss to the SAINTS.

But when Vick played the Saints....

QB Ratio of 86.5, 13/20 145 yards 2 TDs and 1 INT, 10 rushes for 69 yards and a TD, and a win against the Saints.

632511[/snapback]

• 6 months later...
Guest Sores

2005 Update....no usurping the throne...but they like him a lot!

CAMP CONFIDENTIAL

I only had to see Matt Schaub, the backup quarterback to Mike Vick, make one play here to know he's the genuine item.

Early in practice, the second-year kid from Virginia rolled right, looking deep down the right side for Jenkins. In full rollout mode, he uncoiled a throw 37 yards downfield, a perfect strike, a perfect spiral. I mean, one of the prettiest and most accurate deep throws you'd ever want to see.

And Jenkins dropped it. Right in his hands, and he dropped it.

I see GM Rich McKay and ask: "Did any team come at you in the offseason and try to get Schaub?"

Two, he said. But it never got very far, because the Falcons simply won't trade him. Not this year anyway. They're rightfully concerned about Vick being able to play 16 games and the playoffs, and they don't want to give away one of the best young insurance policies in football.

I'll just say this: I would really like to see Matt Schaub play when the real combat starts. He's going to be good.

• 2 months later...