[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Schaub to supplant Vick???

Guest Sores

you could say i've heard of him. watched him play ball at michigan. did fairly well. believe if memory serves me right, played right after grbac and right before henson. grrrrrrr, hate posting late when tired and can't think straight.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey has anyone heard about this guy Todd Collins?  He's the backup for Trent Green.  He has been an absolute monster this preseason.

13-19 165 yards against the Gints

8-11 70 yards against the Rams

12-14 145 yards and 2 D's against the Browns

That's 33 for 44 380 yards and 2 TD's splitting time with Green.  If I was Trent I wouldn't be getting to comfortable with my job............ :D

379668[/snapback]

LMAO-if Green went down, we'd be in serious trouble. Trust me. :D

Couple of things about this discussion that hasn't been mentioned yet. 1st of all, Vick may be able to throw the ball 60 yards with ease, but he can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Over the last three seasons, of all QB's with at least 500 attempts, Vick has THE WORST completion % in the NFL. The Worst!! Now he's learning a timing, accuracy-based offense, and hasn't played more than 35 SNAPS all pre-season?? This guy will struggle mightily. The west coast offense does not nedd a cannon for an arm, it needs an accurate arm, ie; Joe Montana, Rich Gannon, Jeff Garcia, etc. His cannon is worthless in this offense if he can't get the ball to the reciever in time and in stride. He may be able to scramble for some yards, but that will not be enough. If he struggles badly, I honestly would not be surprised to see him have a 'lingering' mystery injury, ie; turf toe, and see Shaub in there. Shaub is accurate, reads defenses well, and most importantly has worked in this system well in pre-season. I'm drafting him in my dynasty league draft in three days, the same way I drafted Matt Hasseleback threee or four years ago after watching him in pre-season and loving the way he threw the ball.

Couple of things about this discussion that hasn't been mentioned yet. 1st of all, Vick may be able to throw the ball 60 yards with ease, but he can't hit the broad side of a barn with it.  Over the last three seasons, of all QB's with at least 500 attempts, Vick has THE WORST completion % in the NFL. The Worst!! Now he's learning a timing, accuracy-based offense, and hasn't played more than 35 SNAPS all pre-season?? This guy will struggle mightily. The west coast offense does not nedd a cannon for an arm, it needs an accurate arm, ie; Joe Montana, Rich Gannon, Jeff Garcia, etc. His cannon is worthless in this offense if he can't get the ball to the reciever in time and in stride. He may be able to scramble for some yards, but that will not be enough. If he struggles badly, I honestly would not be surprised to see him have a 'lingering' mystery injury, ie; turf toe, and see Shaub in there. Shaub is accurate, reads defenses well, and most importantly has worked in this system well in pre-season. I'm drafting him in my dynasty league draft in three days, the same way I drafted Matt Hasseleback threee or four years ago after watching him in pre-season and loving the way he threw the ball.

379905[/snapback]

also...I've stated this in another post...Vick hasn't even had ANY chance to learn the WCO...which spells big trouble since it took Montana 3 years to learn it...

I think Vick is a chump... he'll be hurt again by week 3 and Schaub will never look back. We'll see visions of Vick playing Jeff Goerge and Jim Mora Jr as June Jones.

Not to mention that Vick isn't the most intelligent human being on the planet. He and Allan Iverson should have an intellectual bonanza together. I can feel the pain. :D:D

I think Vick is a chump... he'll be hurt again by week 3 and Schaub will never look back.  We'll see visions of Vick playing Jeff Goerge and Jim Mora Jr as June Jones.

Not to mention that Vick isn't the most intelligent human being on the planet.  He and Allan Iverson should have an intellectual bonanza together.  I can feel the pain. :D  :D

381981[/snapback]

Sorry, fellow Packer fan, but I'm going to have to disagree. I've heard a lot of stupid pro athletes in interviews, but Vick isn't one of them. I'd actually consider him to be one of the more intelligent NFL guys I've seen answering questions.

Where are all the people who were slaggin me about this a few weeks ago?

As the OG Vick-is-overrated-and-injury-prone poster, I must say in my best Buford T. Justice voice: no way, NO OWAY is Vick getting benched for this tool. He cost them too much dough...

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

Sporting News radio just had a report from an ATL correspondent that said if Vick is experiencing "any tenderness" in the hammy...they won't hesitate to play Schaub. Didn't say anything about him starting...but....

first drive 1 pass, 1 interception

second drive 2 passes, zero completions

third drive: M.Vick sacked at ATL 25 for -8 yards (L.Arrington). FUMBLES (L.Arrington), RECOVERED by WAS-A.Pierce at ATL 23. A.Pierce for 23 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

fourth drive: Schaub enters game

Edited by Sores

Not really.  Mike Holmgren has made it on potential for 5 years in Seattle and he still hasn't won a playoff game...........

That's PLAYER potential numbnuts.

I should learn not to expect common sense from Raider fans.... :D

you could say i've heard of him. watched him play ball at michigan.  did fairly well. believe if memory serves me right, played right after grbac and right before henson. grrrrrrr, hate posting late when tired and can't think straight.

He replaced Elvis. I think the line went Elvis-Collins-Driesbach-Griese-Brady-Henson-Navarre.

And let's not forget Michael Taylor and Demetrius Brown before Grbac. :D

Hey hey hey- Please don't lump us all together!!

386943[/snapback]

Thanks for the support Vatican.

Don't get sensitive Chavez I'm talking about the whole Seattle situation down there for the last 5 years. Shawn Springs potential as a supposed shut down corner. No longer with the team. Matt Hasselbecks potential as a viable starting QB. Took him 3 years to finally produce results and he still hasn't won a playoff game.

Who is overseeing this player development?

Holmgren.

Is it going to take another 3 days to get a response on this too.............

Edited by phenom

Back to the original post...

As I said earlier, I don't think Schaub will replace Vick, but I think he will eventually be playing due to an injury to Vick.

And I think Vick is way overhyped and overrated.

Is it a stretch, and I think this was mentioned in an earlier post, that Vick would someday turn into a "Slash" type player?

I know many of you disagree and some people think he is the second coming but I don't and I will stick with it if he blows up or $hits the bed....

I know many of you disagree and some people think he is the second coming but I don't and I will stick with it if he blows up or $hits the bed....

386987[/snapback]

I don't know what you mean by second coming; second coming of what? I have never seen a player like Michael Vick. Not Randall Cunningham and not Kordell Stewart.

I know he is a talented player. I know he has gotten a lot of media exposure but then every #1 pick has.

I don't know if Vick is going to be one of the all time greats or a footnote. But I do know that he is recieving a tremendous amount of pressure to be Joe Montana with an insufficient supporting cast and coach isn't known for handling QB's well.

I just want to know why he isn't being given the benefit of the doubt instead of being dismissed as just a good athlete.............

I don't know what you mean by second coming; second coming of what?  I have never seen a player like Michael Vick.  Not Randall Cunningham and not Kordell Stewart.

I know he is a talented player.  I know he has gotten a lot of media exposure but then every #1 pick has.

I don't know if Vick is going to be one of the all time greats or a footnote.  But I do know that he is recieving a tremendous amount of pressure to be Joe Montana with an insufficient supporting cast and coach isn't known for handling QB's well. 

I just want to know why he isn't being given the benefit of the doubt instead of being dismissed as just a good athlete.............

387007[/snapback]

People can give him a chance, it's (your) perogative. I choose to make a call right now based on what I've seen. I could be dead wrong. Like I said, he may be great, I just don't think he will be.

People can give him a chance, it's (your) perogative. I choose to make a call right now based on what I've seen. I could be dead wrong. Like I said, he may be great, I just don't think he will be.

387013[/snapback]

That's a curious statement because the Vick detractors would pretty much say the same thing. What I want to know is what performances on the field suggest he will not be a good QB?

2002 Produced a 9-6-1 record and playoff win in Green Bay

2003 Produced a 3-1 and in the games he started including a win over Carolina in December when they were playing well

That's 12 wins in 20 games started

I think that this is just a negative feedback from all the media hype and nothing tangible that says he can't lead a team...........