[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Schaub to supplant Vick???

Guest Sores

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO bottom line...until Vick is out with injury Vick will start. Vick somehow, someway when he plays they win....a real controversy could/would start if Schaub would have got his team a "W" yesterday. I really don't hang that on his head though, the Falcon "D" disappeared on pass plays...the bomb by Brady was a thing of beauty, but the Falcon DB's appeared lost...

Problem is you won't convince anyone in the Falcon think tank (especially Mora) that Vick should sit the pine...

I brought this up in preseason: Put Vick in the slash role...let Schaub QB...Vick could play WR, RB, etc.......with Vick on the field your quick tosses, reverses, quick outs, etc...demands a spread "D"...Dunn, Duckett and company then could exploit the inside running...when they close it up...Ron Mexico will drip through them like an STD....WHat I believe and what I hear alot of opinions is that Schaub is a good to potentially great pocket passer....why must it be Schaub or Vick...add Vick to the chemistry and take nothing away from his potential as a playmaker...

:D:D:D Mora are you listening!!!!!!! :D

What did the Falcons do without Vick in the lineup yesterday?

Oh, OK, just checking.

1056820[/snapback]

So how is it exactly that Vick's absence makes the Atlanta secondary worse? Their offense put up enough points and made few enough errors yesterday. I think most teams would be happy with Schaub's numbers from yesterday. You can't blame this loss on him.

So how is it exactly that Vick's absence makes the Atlanta secondary worse? Their offense put up enough points and made few enough errors yesterday. I think most teams would be happy with Schaub's numbers from yesterday. You can't blame this loss on him.

1056835[/snapback]

:D This is great. You New Englanders tout Brady as the second coming of God, not because of his numbers or his stats, but because of his leadership and his ability to win football games. Now, when we try to pin something very similar on Vick, you can't grasp the concept. Pretty freaking funny. :D

:D This is great. You New Englanders tout Brady as the second coming of God, not because of his numbers or his stats, but because of his leadership and his ability to win football games. Now, when we try to pin something very similar on Vick, you can't grasp the concept. Pretty freaking funny. :D

1056849[/snapback]

:D You're in rare form this morning Hughie. Vick has a certain je ne sais quois, but you're blind if you watched that game yesterday and came up with the lack of Vick as the reason they lost.

And I dare you to find where I ever said Brady was the second coming. Go ahead. I dares ya.

:D  You're in rare form this morning Hughie. Vick has a certain je ne sais quois, but you're blind if you watched that game yesterday and came up with the lack of Vick as the reason they lost.

And I dare you to find where I ever said Brady was the second coming. Go ahead. I dares ya.

1056926[/snapback]

Great, now I gotta call Sacrebleu before I can respond. Hold on a sec. :D

If the Pats win, it's because Brady is a winner. The numbers certainly support the notion, and many of you and your fellow New Englanders have been saying that for several years. The same can be said for Vick. Look at the numbers when he plays. Now why don't you consider this to be the same thing? According to you: Brady = winner. But when Schaub plays and they lose, it's the defenses fault?

The Falcons are 3-2 this year, 0-1 without Vick.

The Falcons went 12-4 last year, 0-1 without Vick.

In '03, they went 5-11, 2-9 without Vick.

What more do you want? How does that not compare to Brady. Brady wins, right? So does Vick. Schaub did not do enough to win the game, plain and simple. So what if he made a few nice passes?

1056835[/snapback]

The Falcan'ts lost yesterday because (1) they couldn't stop the run and (2) Brady picked apart their secondary. Schaub threw three TDs and didn't turn the ball over once. Not bad for a second-year guy coming off of the bench. Frankly, I don't think that a healthy Vick would've done much better.

Vick's stats:

vs. Philly(WON)---Total Yards(rush/rec): 224--1 TD--1 INT (Vick lost 2 fumbles--fumbled 3 times)

Falcon defense vs Philly: rush allowed: 51 pass allowed: 257--1 TD

at Seattle(LOST)---Total Yards(rush/rec): 166--0 TD--1 INT ( Vick fumbled 1 but Dunn recovered)

Falcon Defense vs Seahawks: rush allowed 163 pass allowed: 281--2 TD

at Buffalo(WON)---Total Yards(rush/rec): 231--2 TD--1 INT

Falcon Defense vs. Bills: rush allowed 172 pass allowed 75--0 TD

vs. Minnesota(WON)--Total yards(ruch/rec): 107--1 TD

Falcon Defense vs Vikings: rush allowed 63 pass allowed 250--1 TD (got 9 sacks--2 int's)

Schaub's stats:

vs. New England(LOST): 301--3 TD--0 INT

Falcon defense vs. Patriots: rush allowed 141 pass allowed: 350--3 TD (got 1 int and 1 sack)

Falcon "D" gave up 3 passing TD's (first time this year) and 491 total yards (highest this year to date)--Schaub did not turn the ball over...Falcons lose in last 20 seconds on Vinateri FG....Schaub had more total yards and TD's than in any of Vick's games....

Hey!!! I know...keep Schaub on the bench! or you could do what the Falcons did many years ago(traded away little known QB--Brett Favre) and trade Schaub to Green Bay for a 6-7 th round pick--Packers will take him!! :D

1056849[/snapback]

I think trying to compare Vick to Brady hurts your arguement. Brady is a star for what he does on the field, Vick is a star because..umm.. oh yeah, he runs well for a QB.

Great, now I gotta call Sacrebleu before I can respond. Hold on a sec.  :D

If the Pats win, it's because Brady is a winner. The numbers certainly support the notion, and many of you and your fellow New Englanders have been saying that for several years. The same can be said for Vick. Look at the numbers when he plays. Now why don't you consider this to be the same thing? According to you: Brady = winner. But when Schaub plays and they lose, it's the defenses fault?

The Falcons are 3-2 this year, 0-1 without Vick.

The Falcons went 12-4 last year, 0-1 without Vick.

In '03, they went 5-11, 2-9 without Vick.

What more do you want? How does that not compare to Brady. Brady wins, right? So does Vick. Schaub did not do enough to win the game, plain and simple. So what if he made a few nice passes?

1056935[/snapback]

In 2003 the Teams that Vick played against had a combined record of 40 wins and 40 losses.. the teams he did not play agaisnt went 98 and 78..obviously Vick came back when the schedule was much easier.

2004. teams Vick played against went 103-137 ..teams he did not went 8-8

2005.teams vick has played have went 7-9..teams he has not have went 3-2 (and won 3 of the last 4 SB's.)

The only thing that has stuck out to me since looking at these stats is that Vick cannot stay healthy.

Edited by Doc Holliday

IMO bottom line...until Vick is out with injury Vick will start.  Vick somehow, someway when he plays they win....a real controversy could/would start if Schaub would have got his team a "W" yesterday.  I really don't hang that on his head though, the Falcon "D" disappeared on pass plays...the bomb by Brady was a thing of beauty, but the Falcon DB's appeared lost...

Problem is you won't convince anyone in the Falcon think tank (especially Mora) that Vick should sit the pine...

I brought this up in preseason:  Put Vick in the slash role...let Schaub QB...Vick could play WR, RB, etc.......with Vick on the field your quick tosses, reverses, quick outs, etc...demands a spread "D"...Dunn, Duckett and company then could exploit the inside running...when they close it up...Ron Mexico will drip through them like an STD....WHat I believe and what I hear alot of opinions is that Schaub is a good to potentially great pocket passer....why must it be Schaub or Vick...add Vick to the chemistry and take nothing away from his potential as a playmaker...

:D  :D  :D  Mora are you listening!!!!!!! :D

1056744[/snapback]

I think that they should do this as well. At least try it and see what happens, if it bombs then well, we know.

I think trying to compare Vick to Brady hurts your arguement. Brady is a star for what he does on the field, Vick is a star because..umm.. oh yeah, he runs well for a QB.

1057133[/snapback]

Actually Vick is also star for what he does on the field. He just happens to do it differently than Brady, but he is VERY MUCH a star because of his on field performance.

Actually Vick is also star for what he does on the field. He just happens to do it differently than Brady, but he is VERY MUCH a star because of his on field performance.

1057208[/snapback]

What Vick has accomplished as a QB isn't comparable to what Brady has. I appreciate Vick's scrambling ability, but you're not going to win a SB with a QB who can't complete long passes to his WRs.

Fast fact...

Yesterday Schaub did something Vick has never done in his NFL career...

Throw 3 TD's in one game!!!!! Vick has started 40 games and Schuab has started two!!!

As far as running the ball...against the Vikings defense (I know it is a stretch to say we actually have a defense) Vick and Schaub both rushed for 50+ yards.

However, Vick will never be benched if he is healthy because he sells tickets!!!

And he wins.

1057412[/snapback]

Yeah, that defense and running game are nothing compared to what Vick brings to the table. :D

I wonder how many GMs are on the phone right now offering a trade for Schaub...

:D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Yeah, that defense and running game are nothing compared to what Vick brings to the table.  :D

I wonder how many GMs are on the phone right now offering a trade for Schaub...

:D

1057432[/snapback]

NO

MIA

BUF

NYJ

BAL

HOU

ARI

DET

CHI

WASH

By my count there should be about 10 of them. He's better than anyone of these teams QB's.

NO

MIA

BUF

NYJ

BAL

HOU

ARI

DET

CHI

WASH

By my count there should be about 10 of them. He's better than anyone of these teams QB's.

1057618[/snapback]

As long as he doesn't go to Chicago or Detroit!! We are still feeling the pain of a team from our division acquiring a back up QB from Atlanta! :D