[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tatem Bell any updates?

Bree22

I have both Bell and Droughns. Are there any homers who know what is up with Bell and his Shoulder? The last I heard was that he separated it. I would assume that he would be down for at least 2 weeks but there is talk he might play this week. I would perfer he wouldn't so not to steal any carries.

Bell 'Day-to-Day' With Shoulder Injury

or one thing, his arm is not in a sling, as one would expect it to be after suffering a third-degree shoulder separation. His shoulder didn't even have any tape on it as he ventured through the locker room on Monday afternoon.

Not only was a sling not present, it wasn't even considered after he injured the shoulder on the Broncos' second possession of the third period in the 20-17 win over Miami.

"We didn't even talk about a sling," said Bell, who ran for 123 yards and scored twice before falling to injury. "I didn't even ask for one, and they didn't say anything to me about one."

With proper protection, Bell feels as if he can play at Kansas City.

"That's my mindset," he said. "Just get a pad. Hopefully my strength will be back where I can just where a pad on it and I'll be able to take (the discomfort)."

Added Head Coach Mike Shanahan: "He’ll have a pad on there. It’s an injury that can be (treated with a injection) to alleviate some of the pain."

The injury shouldn't take months to heal, but perhaps days, Bell believes.

"I'm just going day-to-day, basically," he said. "It wasn't a two- or three-week thing, (trainers and doctors) told me. So, basically it's day-to-day."

Just as encouraging to Shanahan was the fact that Head Athletic Trainer Steve Antonopulos was able to recite a list of players who returned to action one week after incurring a third-degree shoulder separation.

"I asked (Antonopulos) to go back over the last 15 years or 20 years and tell me the people that were able to play the following week with a third-degree separation," Shanahan said. "He went through about 10 or 15 guys that were able to play the following week. So that was a little encouraging."

One of those players was Terrell Davis, who fought through a shoulder injury late in the 1997 season to help lead the Broncos on a playoff run to their first world championship.

So this injury could stand a referendum on Bell's ability to play through pain. He missed time with finger, rib and hamstring injuries earlier in the year.

"We’ll get a chance to see how tough he is because it is tough to play with that type of injury," Shanahan said. "But people have done it."

Bell believes he might be the next to do so.

"There are some good signs. It depends how fast my body can recover," he said. "I want to play this week, especially coming off a good game. I just don't want to be a one-game wonder. I want to keep it going."

Here is what was posted there by Bootlegger

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos RB Tatum Bell (shoulder) practiced Thursday, Dec. 16, and contends he will play during Week 15. However, his shoulder will need to improve in order for him to be the team's primary backup.

BELL UPDATE

"After today, as of right now, if we had a game, I don't think I'd play," Bell said following his first practice since separating a shoulder in the third quarter of Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins.

"I'm coming along slowly," Bell added. "I got a few reps today. Still, I don't think I'm there yet. It hurts when I run and when I'm trying to pick up the blitz. I know it'll be a little extra pain, but I'll just try to fight through it and see how it feels Sunday."

Playing on Sunday will require a painkilling shot, Bell said.

"I got a shot after the (Miami) game and it wore off, and I was fine," he said. "If I get a shot before the game, I'll be fine afterwards. I don't really worry about that. I just want to get through the game."

"I already know if I'm going to be taking blows on it if I play. I've just got to get extra padding and hopefully a shot will work.

Head Coach Mike Shanahan said Bell would "maybe" see more carries in Friday's practice "if he has no setback." Whether Bell actually plays in Sunday's game will be a choice that the team makes over the weekend.

Not sure of the source.

RB Bell doubtful for Sunday

RB practices, but shoulder injury still a big problem

By Ryan Thorburn, Camera Sports Writer

December 17, 2004

ENGLEWOOD — Tatum Bell practiced on Thursday for the first time since suffering a third-degree separation of his left shoulder during his breakout game against Miami.

As you might expect, it hurt.

Advertisement

The Broncos rookie wants to play after rushing for 123 yards and two touchdowns against the Dolphins, but that seemed more like wishful thinking in the locker room after the workout.

"As of right now, if we had a game I don't think I would play," Bell said. "They told me it couldn't get any worse. ... Way its looking, it's going to be a game-time decision."

Denver plays at Kansas City on Sunday (11 a.m., Channel 4). Head coach Mike Shanahan has already said that Reuben Droughns, despite getting benched after two early fumbles in the Miami game, will be his starting running back at Arrowhead Stadium.

"I get excited when I see someone in this system having a good game, especially a running back, because we're a tight-knit group anyway," Droughns said when asked about his emotions watching Bell from the bench. "The only thing that's bittersweet is obviously what happened to me early in the game with all the fumbles and everything. That was sad on my part. I've got to hold onto the ball."

If Bell, who is listed as questionable on the injury report, can't suit up, the Broncos could turn to Garrison Hearst. The former San Francisco 49ers star should be fresh considering he has only 11 carries all season.

"That's what these coaches brought (Hearst) in for, to back everybody up or even get the starting nod or something," Droughns said. "We're all going to be ready. We know they're going to be expecting to stop the run because of what we did to them the first game, the first week. We know they're going to stack up against the run."

Quentin Griffin rushed for 156 yards and scored three touchdowns during Denver's 34-24 win over the Chiefs on Sept. 12. Droughns has rushed for 1,046 yards since taking over as the starter five games into the season. And Bell appeared to be stealing the spotlight before suffering his injury.

Daily Camera LInk

Bell practiced again on Friday and according to Shanahan he's was better than Thursday. Shanahan also said that it'll still be a game-time decsion on if he plays or not-

again, sorry no link, but rules are rules....

Droughns is expected to get the start regardless, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a "shot-up" Bell taking over as the game progresses- a la LJ & Blaylock this past Monday night.

If you need to hit a homerun with a RB this week and you have Bell he's probably worth a shot. If you prefer to stay "safe" you are best off avoiding the whole situation.

Bottom line is whoever plays against KC is going to have a big day. We all (guys watching this topic) want to cash in. I guess I am going with Droughns (I have both) over Bell at this point. Is anyone who has both guys on their team going with Bell? And if so, do you have any info you'd like to share? I just hope I guess right!!!

My opponent has Droughns and I have Bell. I knew I would be playing him last week while Bell was rolling up numbers. I picked up Bell just on a flyer he may jump in keeper value.

Thought for a moment I would trump his main man. Alas all I will hope now is that Bell plays some or most of the game on my bench thus limiting the numbers Droughns puts up. :D

Edited by Sharpie

Bottom line is whoever plays against KC is going to have a big day. We all (guys watching this topic) want to cash in.  I guess I am going with Droughns (I have both) over Bell at this point.  Is anyone who has both guys on their team going with Bell?  And if so, do you have any info you'd like to share?  I just hope I guess right!!!

617072[/snapback]

I have both for the 1st rd of the playoffs this week...I am not sure what to do...I have Mcallister and Goings on my bench along with O. Smith. James is my other starter. What to do what to do...

I have Bell and Droughns too and it's annoying when you have to rely on what Skelator is saying about who will start. My gut feeling is Bell doesn't even step out on the field. I just don't see how this guy is going to play at all. Skelator just doesn't want to be up front and state what I think is the obvious. That being said I'm staying away from this situation b/c I have lost some faith in big Reuben even if it is the KC defense. Hell, Hearst could even get some carries if Reuben fumbles again. I'm forced to start Pennington at our "flex" position and good QB performances never outscore good RB ones.... Ah well....