[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie Running Backs

spain

Lets talk about the rookie rb's. This was a very good draft for rb's. Brown, Benson, Caddy, JJ, Shelton. How do you rank these guys both for this year and for a keeper league. Here is the way I have them:

1. Ced Benson: Very productive college rb who has the position to himself.

2. Brown: I had him ranked 1st until Ricky quit smoking Josh Gordon. Now, I still have him ranked #1 for keeper purposes, but I believe he will be splitting carries with Ricky "Bag Man" Williams this year.

3. Caddy: He has looked great so far everyone is saying. He has some other rb's on the roster to contend with this year. Stud in college and should have a productive career.

4. JJ: Ran for 2000 in college and has some potential but I have some concerns. He may have to compete with Marcel Shipp for the job.

5. Shelton: May be poised to take this job down the line. Davis is still hurt and has alot of mileage on the tires. Foster cant stay healthy. In a keeper Shelton has to be moving up the draft boards.

Any thoughts...

Arizona homer here and looks like JJ already has the starting job. Shipp and Hambrick were put on the unable to perform list yesterday a sore ankle and a pulled hamstring have both rb's on the sideline for know. Looks like it's JJ's job to lose.

Shelton has a way to go to move ahead of Foster, he is the starter as of to date. I do feel he will a chance to start a few games because Foster gets hurt all the time.

Don't worry about Davis he is good as doene put a Fork in him and roll him over.

Benson will be a stud if and when he signs. Will have ever chance to start will get 25-30 carries a game. hugh upside.

The caddy will not be the starter and wil have to split carries all year with two other rb's. Great back better production next year.

R. Brown I feel he is the best back comming out going to the worst place of them all. I'm putting my eggs in his basket this is the player I'm trying to get. I loved him before the pothead came back that only knocks him down a bit. Look for solid numbers and 20 reps a gane Williams will get atleast 10 next season Brown will shine like the star he is.

I tend to agree with gogo on most of this. The only thing I'm not sure about right now is Benson. I've heard the T. Jones has looked great in camp and is reall working to make it difficult for Benson (still a hold out I believe) to beat him out. Could be RBBC.

I see it like this...

Caddy will get majority of the touches while Pittman will take a series here and there to spell him...Caddy will be the featured back..

Benson...well, I think he has the most chance to be a bust out of these guys and T Jones won't make it easy...especially since now the whole defense won't be focusing on him. (imagine that :D a whole defense focusing on T Jones)...note: I am drafting T Jones again in my money league...and he'll slip a bit further, which will be a good thing...

Brown...I see RBBC committee here as the new coach tries to get a feel for the offense...this is a "feel out year" with the new QB, a returning RB who had an "off year" literally and a rookie RB...while Boston is healthy again (for how long)..the passing game could off-set some things...but I still see RBBC barring any injuries..

JJ...I think we might have a rookie of the year here...very sleeper-like and in an explosive offense with a solid D that could keep them running the ball...only if they could get a productive QB...but I think if Warner could do what he did in NY even, they'll be decent...yikes...

Caddy has already jumped ahead of Pittman on the depthchart as of the 2nd day of training camp. The Bucs did not draft him that high for him to sit on the bench or split carries. Like I have said before, Pittman and Caddy will BOTH be in the game alot with Pittman coming out of the backfield as a WR. News out of Bucs camp is the Caddy has been making 20 yard runs out of nothing and looks like the real deal.....Only time will tell.

Caddy has already jumped ahead of Pittman on the depthchart as of the 2nd day of training camp.  The Bucs did not draft him that high for him to sit on the bench or split carries.  Like I have said before, Pittman and Caddy will BOTH be in the game alot with Pittman coming out of the backfield as a WR.  News out of Bucs camp is the Caddy has been making 20 yard runs out of nothing and looks like the real deal.....Only time will tell.

904066[/snapback]

I'm not saying he will split carries...even Edge and Tomlinson get spelled...

very rarely does a back get every single touch nowadays...they wear down....it keeps them fresh..Caddy will still get probably 20-25 handoffs a game...but Pittman might get like 5-7 touches tops to spell him...

why keep a back like Pittman and just have him sit period?...like I said, he won't impede his progress or vulture TD's...rather he'll just spell him occasionally..

Lets talk about the rookie rb's.  This was a very good draft for rb's.  Brown, Benson, Caddy, JJ, Shelton.  How do you rank these guys both for this year and for a keeper league.

903907[/snapback]

By the way, Caddy is the only one of the Big 3 that has signed a contract and is actually in camp ONTIME. That has to account for something.

1. Ced Benson: Very productive college rb who has the position to himself.

903907[/snapback]

Not so fast. Jones is still #1 on the depth chart and, while Benson will probably end up getting the majority of the carries, I'd expect to see Jones a lot on 3rd down. He lead the team in receptions last year and Benson is more of a power runner than a WCO back.

why keep a back like Pittman and just have him sit period?...like I said, he won't impede his progress or vulture TD's...rather he'll just spell him occasionally..

904069[/snapback]

Agreed ... look at the numbers sometime and you will find Pittman had very productive season for the shortened period he played. Why have someone like that just sit on your bench ... unless they are hoping to trade ???? Don't know.

Agreed ... look at the numbers sometime and you will find Pittman had very productive season for the shortened period he played.  Why have someone like that just sit on your bench ... unless they are hoping to trade ???? Don't know.

904557[/snapback]

:D Well if you looked at those numbers then you must have looked at the fumbling numbers as well? He lead the league is lost fumbles even though he had a shortened season.