[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prepare for Disaster

Roo

:D:D

Nice work, great read. I have always thought that cheat cheats rely too much on last years stats. They rarely go out on limb, because they don't want to be made to look foolish, but the fact is, things change A TON, and there's always guys who end up in the top 20 who were barely on the radar in the preseason, and guys that start in the top 10 that totally fall off the face of the earth.

So, sticking with the WR, here's some of my long shot predicts of guys who will suprise us...

A. Lelie (pretty well known "sleeper" - has big play written all over him)

D. Givens (huge target, Patten is gone, Graham is old news, defense concentrating on Branch)

Mark Clayton (fits the new BAL offense well, incredible after the catch skills, defense focused on Heap and Mason)

K. Colbert (one of the few pieces of the Carolina offense that isn't crumbling in to dust - this pick is somewhat based on Smith struggling)

P. Burgess (might develop well and be the massive target Eli needs)

Edited by Roo

lelie. can't really argue. i still think he'll trail smith in receptions, but will surely have more yards.

givens. he'll get his share for sure, but i still wouldn't expect consistency from many receivers on the pats because they spread the ball so much. wouldn't want givens higher than a #5 on my team.

clayton. needs to get to camp first.

colbert. should be pretty good especially if people go back to watching steve smith.

burress. i'm not sold on him and never have been. he's had one solid season, that's it. toomer won't take pressure off him, young quarterback, healthy shockey?, etc. he might be decent, but like i said, i'm not very high on him.

:D Let's hear what you guys got then.

It's not easy finding those diamonds - you have to ignore some of the reasons they are not well ranked in the first place.

Plexi might feel much more at home in an offense that is starting to throw the ball - he was pointless in PIT. Plus he is HUGE, as is Givens. If you watch Clayton highlights, you'll see why I like him, and Colbert is just a hunch.

You will all laugh, but I say JOE HORN. I know I know, but hear me out.

He is 33 which aint all that young anymore. But he always seems to be thought of as a Tier 2 kind of guy. He is currently listed at 7 on the WR performance list. But, In my performance league, he finished ahead of all of the guys listed above him. I drafted him 30th and not 8th or 11th like Moss and Owens. He is not always the touchdown magnet, but I believe he is the most consistently underrated WR over the last 4 or 5 years. And picking him up late every year has always been a thrill.

Roo -- Did you mean D. Terrell? Givens isn't that big of a guy. Listed as 6'0", probably more like 5'11"

910408[/snapback]

Ah yes sorry, had them mixed up.

What about David Boston? :D

Keep your eyes on what Travis Taylor does in the preseason. He may be Daunte's go to guy. Good height and decent speed and the first time in a passing offense since college.

Regarding Horn, he is one of those guys who his QB looks for, no matter what. In Indy, if Wayne is being covered, Manning just looks for the other guys. But, in New Orleans, Brooks looks for Horn ALL OF THE TIME. So, while Brooks' stats may suffer due to INTs, incompletions, etc, Horn gets alot of looks.

Keep your eyes on what Travis Taylor does in the preseason.  He may be Daunte's go to guy.  Good height and decent speed and the first time in a passing offense since college.

910862[/snapback]

I thought that was an interesting pick-up for Vikings as well

Tyrone Calico if he is healthy

Eric Moulds could do well, he had breakout year with the mobile Doug Flutie and Losman has similiar scrambling skills.

911365[/snapback]

Never really thought of that comparison but an interesting and accurate one. I still think Losman will take time to adjust and he will be shaky. That said, down the road, I think Losman will be solid.