[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is gonna be up early with me?

CaptainHook

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Warrick Dunn look ?  I'm hoping for a solid season from him.

913582[/snapback]

Warrick looked like he always does. Good, up until somebody gets a hand on him. It is hard to say how he did, as well as how the Colts defense looked, since all four starting defensive linemen for the Colts missed the game for one reason or another. The starting D-line was: Josh Thomas, a second year undrafted free agent from Syracuse who is coming off a torn ACL, Larry Triplett a fourth year man out of Washington who was a second round pick, rookie fifth round pick Jonathan Welsh and undrafted free agent Jason Stewart. :D Also starting cornerback Nick Harper and safety Mike Doss missed the game.

How dod Duckett Look? Thinking of picking him up.

913620[/snapback]

Duckett did not play.

Vick looked good outside the Pocket, but his INT came on a deflected pass he threw too high from inside the pocket, with little defensive pressure. He also ran for a first down like an idiot.

Manning and co. looked very sharp on the first drive. Edge looked great. Wayne never had a pass thrown his way. Marvin had several good chain-moving catches, but also dropped a TD. It didn't count casue the Falcons were called for holding. Manning threw a TD to Troy Walters, Stokley's replacement, on the next play. On the third play of the second drive, Manning threw an ill-advised pass on a busted screen play that was intercepted. That was it for the first string offense.

I thought the Colts defensive backs looked better. They were more physical, and faster. Marlin Jackson will be a starter by the end of the pre-season. He actually started this game because Nick Harper did not play. Second round pick Kelvin Hayden forced a fumble later in the game. Like I said, the D-line wasn't so hot, but it was all second and third stringers. I still think the Colts have not found a middle linebacker. Neither Brackett or Morris was impressive to me. I wish they would move Gardner into the middle-backer spot with Thornton and June on each side. That would get our best three linebackers on the field.

Edited by CaptainHook

Yeah :D Who's going to start if he doesn't?

914606[/snapback]

Well it could be:

1. Last years opening day starter Donald Strickland. He missed most of last year after having shoulder surgery.

2. Strickland's replacement, Jason David, had 51 tackles and lead the team with 4 interceptions.

3. Second round pick Kelvin Hayden.

4. While Joseph Jefferson has moved to safety to replace Mike Doss, it is conceivable he could be moved back to corner if necessary.

Soooo, why don't you stick to subjects you know about, like how Vick got herpes. . .

Soooo, why don't you stick to subjects you know about, like how Vick got herpes. . .

914677[/snapback]

I've got it on good authority that he picked up a dose from a Lot Lizard on Moreland Ave. :D

I actually woke up at 6 a.m. and got to see the late 3rd/4th quarters.

Tavis Brown looked pretty good in the 4th. Of course, it was against the Falcons scrubs, but it looks like he might be pushing Sorgi for the #2 slot.

I didn't realize that Standeford was drafted by the Colts. Interesting. He had a very good career at Purdue and might become a decent slot receiver in the NFL.

The Colts backup D was absolutely awful. They looked like a freaking high school team.

I didn't get to see Schaub play, but his stats look very impressive. He might be able to find a starting gig with another team at some point down the road.