[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bye Weeks

Caveman_Nick

I have hear lots of talk over my FF life regarding how to handle bye weeks. Draft a back-up at each position that can cover bye weeks. Keep one roster spot open for the rotating back-up kicker/TE/DEF bye week filler. Try and draft a team that is on bye the same week and just give that week up.

How do most people handle them? Honestly, I usually just ignore by weeks and draft away, handling those issues in season.

I really only pay attention to it for backup QBs, TEs, Ks, and DF. If I draft a second one solely to cover a bye week, I should get one that doesn't have the same one.

(at least... this is what I SHOULD do... last year, I didn't... twice).

Other players, I couldn't care less. They all have a bye week, and as long as I can field a roster, I'm cool.

QB and back up QB simply must have different byes. So who I draft as my primary QB will affect my direction during the draft in terms of which back up I target.

I prefer that my #1 and #2 RBs and WRs have different byes, but I'm not going to walk away from a superior #2 if the byes are the same. That just means that my #3 and #4 MUST have a different bye week.

I don't even think about it with DEF and kickers, because I won't draft more than one, unless I'm forced to or the DEF/K has a very early bye.

I pay pretty close attention to bye weeks. It is an issue you can control 100% during your draft, so why get yourself into a bind later if you do not have to? My goal is to lose no more than one key fantasy performer to a bye each week. That way, having everyone else active, plus whomever is replacing them off my bench, I should have a chance of winning every week. I never plan to "throw" 1-2 games due to multiple bye week losses, because too many times, making or missing the playoffs has come down to 1-2 games.

Not a priority but if i can cover them i will.

I always keep them in mind, in that I do want to be covered when my projected starters are on byes. My league has limited Add/Drops, so you can't just draft and think, I'll just use an add/drop when the bye comes.