[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DMD why is Fred Taylor rated lower than...

quiveringnorm

DMD,

Having a hard time understandign your assessment of Fred Taylor. Have him ranked in the 40's in a performance league. But in the 30's in a keeper league. Do you not expect him to play this year. You even have him ranked behind Brandon Jacobs in a perfomance league this year. Brandon Jacobs???? Tiki's backup. Are you sure about that?

To further expand my comment here are Taylors Stats. He has missed 2 games in the last 3 years.

Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |

+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

| 1998 jax | 15 | 264 1223 4.6 14 | 44 421 9.6 3 |

| 1999 jax | 10 | 159 732 4.6 6 | 10 83 8.3 0 |

| 2000 jax | 13 | 292 1399 4.8 12 | 36 240 6.7 2 |

| 2001 jax | 2 | 30 116 3.9 0 | 2 13 6.5 0 |

| 2002 jax | 16 | 287 1314 4.6 8 | 49 408 8.3 0 |

| 2003 jax | 16 | 345 1572 4.6 6 | 48 370 7.7 1 |

| 2004 jax | 14 | 260 1224 4.7 2 | 36 345 9.6 1 |

I've wondered the same thing and am thinking (rightly or wrongly) that DMD knows something about Taylor's condition that we who depend on the media haven't heard.

Even if not, I understand the caution about FT--but I agree he should be ranked higher.

There are some concerns about his health going into this season. Which is understandable due to his past and the knee scope this summer, but I got him in the eighth round last night in a 12 team performance league, which I will definitely take any day.

Edited by Dutch Oven

DMD,

Having a hard time understandign your assessment of Fred Taylor.  Have him ranked in the 40's in a performance league.  But in the 30's in a keeper league.  Do you not expect him to play this year.  You even have him ranked behind Brandon Jacobs in a perfomance league this year.  Brandon Jacobs???? Tiki's backup.  Are you sure about that?

923558[/snapback]

Probably that wheelchair Fred's been driving is throwing him off... :D

I have major reservations about Taylor this season and I want to see something positive about the condition of his knee before I raise him any. I have a very bad feeling about Taylor this year (easy enough to have). I wouldn't touch him unless he fell as far as my rankings indicated.

Plus, Brandon Jacobs is a Saluki and it is a well-known fact that anyone who goes to Southern Illinois is worth his weight in gold.

923730[/snapback]

Since Jacobs weighs over 260 pounds, that makes him the most valuable player in the NFL... :D

Plus, Brandon Jacobs is a Saluki and it is a well-known fact that anyone who goes to Southern Illinois is worth his weight in gold.

923730[/snapback]

its crazy, first jacobs was a cat, then he was a dog, now he's a giant.

:D

get it??? cat, lsu tigers, dog, saluki....ahhhh nevermind. :D