[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Live ranks FF defense

budlitebrad

1. Steelers

2. Ravens

3. Eagles

4. Patriots

5. Panthers

No Buffalo at all? I know they lost Pat Williams, but come on.

Philly gets the sack points with all the blitzing, but they weren't even top 15 in my leagues last season. #3?

938693[/snapback]

That's a decent list... I could see Buffalo being #6.

1. Steelers

2. Ravens

3. Eagles

4. Patriots

5. Panthers

No Buffalo at all? I know they lost Pat Williams, but come on.

Philly gets the sack points with all the blitzing, but they weren't even top 15 in my leagues last season. #3?

938693[/snapback]

Eagles and Panthers are rated a little high.

1. Steelers

938693[/snapback]

:D:D:D

!!!!YEAH BABY!!!!

Actually, I'd have gone with Buffalo (and NE for that matter) ahead of Philly -- but I wonder if concerns about being on the field toooo much give folks cause to worry about Buff's Defense ... is it a reflection of lack of confidence in Losman moving the ball more than a denigration of the Bills' D?

:D  :D  :D 

!!!!YEAH BABY!!!!

Actually, I'd have gone with Buffalo (and NE for that matter) ahead of Philly -- but I wonder if concerns about being on the field toooo much give folks cause to worry about Buff's Defense ... is it a reflection of lack of confidence in Losman moving the ball more than a denigration of the Bills' D?

938831[/snapback]

This is my biggest concern about the Buffalo D. Hopefully if things are that bad they can turn to Holcomb

Can you elaborate a bit as to what changes they made to improve their D?

938906[/snapback]

They added depth with Ken Lucas and Adrian Brashir in the DB through FA, they drafted T Davis, they added FA LB Chris Draft from Atlanta. Kris Jenkins missed just about all of last year due to shoulder surgery ( he's considered one of the best DT in the game) and he is now back healthy. Peppers is bigger and stronger than last year, and they are hungry to improve. Just watch and you shall see-Peace PD.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree, because the Panthers are a top three D, top five shows respect, but this is a top three D.

938868[/snapback]

That may very well be true, but after last year I thought they were a little high. We'll have to see how it bears out.

PD...are you talking about Carolina wearing your NFL hat or FF hat? No doubt they have a good "D", but is it fantasy worthy of a top 5 pick?

939015[/snapback]

If you get points for sacks and int, plus a certain amount of points for # of points allowed-then yes, with a FF hat. Let's say the point system used by NFL.com FF, as this would be a great point system for the Panthers D. The Cat's will not give up many points this year, and Gamble and Lucas should have many int's, plus with Jenkins back 100% and drawing double teams...well Peppers and Rucker off the ends will be a QB's worst nightmare. However, one must call'em like they see'em. I truly believe they are set up for an outstanding season. Peace PD.