[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ahman Green

LiveStrong

not sure about those, but coming from some one who had him last year in a 12-team league...he sucks, stay away from him.  And if you have him this year, my prayers be with you :D

963909[/snapback]

Being a top 14 RB, I wouldn't say he sucked. I'd say he underachieved vs. expectations because the previous year was a career year for him. I actually like him to bounce back this year. He's in a contract year and still only 27 or 28. But using the term suck and Ahman Green together is a bit of an exageration. Any good FFer was prepared last year for a drop off in production. I know I was and that's why I avoided him. To get him last year probably cost a top 5 pick. This year however, I see good value with Green.

Being a top 14 RB, I wouldn't say he sucked.  I'd say he underachieved vs. expectations because the previous year was a career year for him.  I actually like him to bounce back this year.  He's in a contract year and still only 27 or 28.  But using the term suck and Ahman Green together is a bit of an exageration.  Any good FFer was prepared last year for a drop off in production.  I know I was and that's why I avoided him.  To get him last year probably cost a top 5 pick.  This year however, I see good value with Green.

964432[/snapback]

Yeah, but you can do a lot better with a second round pick. Ahman's good when 1) he doesn't fumble, 2) he's not hurt and 3) the Packers defense doesn't do its impression of Swiss cheese. There were very few games last year where one of those three situations didn't rear its ugly head. More often that not, the Packers got down in points early and Green basically was on the field to block for Favre's passes. He may have underachieved vs. expectations, but I had him last year and he killed me on a regular basis. It wasn't that he didn't score the number of points that I would expect from the 3rd pick overall, but he just plain didn't score points, period, more often than not.

At the point in the draft where you'd have to draft Green, you could easily have Corey Dillon, Rudi Johnson, or Brian Westbrook, and any of those three are considerably more reliable and have more value than Ahman.

Edited by Slusy

Yeah, but you can do a lot better with a second round pick.  Ahman's good when 1) he doesn't fumble, 2) he's not hurt  and 3) the Packers defense doesn't do its impression of Swiss cheese.  There were very few games last year where one of those three situations didn't rear its ugly head.  More often that not, the Packers got down in points early and Green basically was on the field to block for Favre's passes.  He may have underachieved vs. expectations, but I had him last year and he killed me on a regular basis.  It wasn't that he didn't score the number of points that I would expect from the 3rd pick overall, but he just plain didn't score points, period, more often than not.

At the point in the draft where you'd have to draft Green, you could easily have Corey Dillon, Rudi Johnson, or Brian Westbrook, and any of those three are considerably more reliable and have more value than Ahman.

964459[/snapback]

I understand your logic and you make good points. But he was still the 14th best RB last year, at least by my league's scoring. That's having a bad year. I don't see him disappointing like that again this year. I'm not saying he should be drafted in the first round, but 2nd and beyond, absolutely. Having Ahman as your no. 2 RB would make for a pretty stable backfield assuming you start 2 RBs. Again, not saying he's a stud, but he will be solid and probably will overachieve this year vs. expectations. The way you feel about Ahman is how I feel about Andre Johnson. Good luck this year.

Thanks for all your Green sucks/blows comments, but will he be missing any games??

964903[/snapback]

:D You'll soon learn that we tend to get off topic pretty quickly around here sometimes.

I don't have a link but I read after the plea agreement that although noone could predict the NFL's decision, it was unlikely he would get suspended. I mean Jamal Lewis only received two games for his felony conviction.