[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ahman Green possibly suspended!?!

Fenokee

Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports attorneys for Packers RB Ahman Green are considering a plea agreement but it could result in “ramifications that could affect Green's football career if he accepted it.” Green is facing a misdemeanor disorderly conduct/domestic abuse charge involving his soon-to-be-ex-wife. The trial is today and if convicted he faces a $1,000 fine or maximum 90 days in jail or both. Silverstein says: “Unless Green is cleared of all charges, he faces possible punishment by NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue under the league's personal conduct policy. Brown County District Attorney John P. Zakowski confirmed a plea offer had been made to Green and was aware that it could result in the NFL punishing Green if he accepted it.”

:D

Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports attorneys for Packers RB Ahman Green are considering a plea agreement but it could result in “ramifications that could affect Green's football career if he accepted it.” Green is facing a misdemeanor disorderly conduct/domestic abuse charge involving his soon-to-be-ex-wife. The trial is today and if convicted he faces a $1,000 fine or maximum 90 days in jail or both. Silverstein says: “Unless Green is cleared of all charges, he faces possible punishment by NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue under the league's personal conduct policy. Brown County District Attorney John P. Zakowski confirmed a plea offer had been made to Green and was aware that it could result in the NFL punishing Green if he accepted it.”

:D

959462[/snapback]

Good info. Thanks for the post.

Reason # 552 I'm avoiding A. Green this year.

959493[/snapback]

Yep, I won't touch him this year regardless of this news, but now I'm worried the other guys in my league will see this and shy away from him as well.

OMG too funny. That made me truly LOL  :D

959552[/snapback]

yeah only that I drafted him. :D Just dropped McCardell for Davenport though.

Here is a cut and paste of the link I posted above ... u might need to register so I though I would just paste the article...

Green accepts plea agreement

By TOM SILVERSTEIN

tsilverstein@journalsentinel.com

Posted: Aug. 30, 2005

Green Bay - Green Bay Packers running back Ahman Green has agreed to a tentative plea agreement with the Brown County District Attorney that will allow him to avoid going to trial on misdemeanor disorderly conduct / domestic abuse charges, his attorneys announced Tuesday night.

Advertisement

Green was scheduled to appear in court this morning and was prepared to go to trial if necessary, but his attorneys said a deal was reached that satisfied both parties. The deal, which his attorneys would not reveal, must be approved by Circuit Court Judge Richard Dietz during proceedings this morning.

Still at issue for Green is whether the plea agreement will allow him to avoid punishment by the National Football League for violating its personal-conduct policy.

The policy states that anyone convicted of a criminal violation or accepting a plea to a lesser offense "will be subject to discipline as determined by the commissioner." The discipline could be a fine, suspension or banishment from the league.

Green, who pleaded not guilty to the charges stemming from an April 25 argument with his wife, missed the last two days of practice to prepare for trial but is expected to rejoin the team immediately if the plea agreement is accepted.

It is unclear whether he will play Thursday night in the exhibition finale against Tennessee.

That should drop him down a few more slots in the rankings I guess. Still, Jamal Lewis got suspended only 2 games on federal drug conspiracy charges, I'd be shocked if Green got more than a game or two if anything at all for this.

That should drop him down a few more slots in the rankings I guess.  Still, Jamal Lewis got suspended only 2 games on federal drug conspiracy charges, I'd be shocked if Green got more than a game or two if anything at all for this.

959688[/snapback]

Exactly ... those were felony charges for Lewis I believe ... these are misdemeanor ... a little bit of a difference as far as the law is concerned ...

surely u dont think that greens atty cant get all that time (IF he had to do 30 days) put off til next year

959667[/snapback]

Jail time is not the problem. Green would face an NFL suspension under the personal-conduct policy if he is convicted or pleads no contest to any charges. His atty can't do anything about it.

Looks like he worked out a deal.  Here's the link:

Link

CrazedBronco

959779[/snapback]

here is the important part for FF owners out of this article ...

Green's lawyers worked with his agent to make sure the wording of the agreement doesn't violate the NFL player conduct code, so the NFL commissioner doesn't impose his own punishment such as a fine or suspension.

i am for one, relieved ... he was my #3 but still, i had no usable starter after him.

959806[/snapback]

Green's lawyers worked with his agent to make sure the wording of the agreement doesn't violate the NFL player conduct code, so the NFL commissioner doesn't impose his own punishment such as a fine or suspension.

Good info...thanks! :D

i am for one, relieved ... he was my #3 but still, i had no usable starter after him.

959806[/snapback]

Yah we wouldn't want a wife beater off the streets now would we. :D

Yah we wouldn't want a wife beater off the streets now would we. :D

959838[/snapback]

You could read the article if you would like, but there was no physical violence he was being charged with ... she felt intimidated enough to call the police but he did not smack her across the face like some other jerks in the NFL (ie. McMichael, etc.)

The article said he agreed to do community service and counseling. According to that info, he is not even close to as much a jerk as McMichael.

Take a look at the info :D