[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go !

Menudo

Wow, I am so excited for tomorrow night's Raiders - Pats game, and then Sunday gets me so excited that I get butterflies in my stomach. One, because it's the start of the season, two, because I will be there at Heinz Field waving my terrible towel and screaming like a lunatic.

To be honest, I am a bit worried about Tennessee. Everyone is down on them, and the Steelers are installed as 7.5 point favorites. Recently, this team has always given the Steelers problems. I look for Tennessee to really try to air it out on offense against the Steelers. I think that they are aware that moving it on the ground will be difficult and they may try to spread the Steelers out and throw a lot. Whether they are successful or not will depend on how well the Steelers do at getting to McNair and making the big plays that we Steeler fans have grown accustomed to getting from our defense.

Offensively, I'd be lying if the pre-season didn't concern me. The passing game looked absolutely awful. I am hoping that it was simply due to it being the pre-season, with no game-plan and vanilla play-calling. I am a big-time believer in what I saw from Ben Roethlisberger last year, and I fully expect him to get it together. Once again, the offense will be led by the running game, and I expect a big game from "fast" Willie Parker. The Steelers offensive line is still strong, and I would put them up against most in the NFL. I really want to see how much they make use of Heath Miller's receiving skills, and I actually expect that they will. Anyway, I know my Steeler posts annoy many, but I am so excited that I just can't help myself from typing this. Final Score prediction: Steelers 24, Titans 13

:D HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO :D

:D

Steelers :D

:D

Edited by Menudo

I'm right there with you, Menudo. I think we are all sort of feeling a little worried with Roeth but I honestly believe that he will be fine. I never try to put much faith in what I see in the preseason and I am smart enough to know that the play calling was more about checking out players than the entire squad but I would have liked to see a little more. I believe this defense is in top gear and will make things smooth for the offense very quickly.

Go Steelers!

I'm right there with you, Menudo.  I think we are all sort of feeling a little worried with Roeth but I honestly believe that he will be fine.  I never try to put much faith in what I see in the preseason and I am smart enough to know that the play calling was more about checking out players than the entire squad but I would have liked to see a little more.

972910[/snapback]

So were they sandbagging the preseason? :D

The only ? is what has Chow got up his sleeve. I imagine he's been working on some exciting things all summer. Its kind of like the Hokies playing NC St and their new offensive coordinator last Sunday. It was tough in the beginning for us, but once we adapted to their formations, the superior defense (ours) showed our stuff.

Hopefully it will be the same w/ the Steelers. Play smart on D early, and on offense, if we can work slowly and pick them apart, we'll be fine. No need for Ben to force things - we have the superior personnel. Get up by a couple scores and put the pressure on their offense. See their hand the first few drives, and then put the clamps on them. Dick LeBeau will have his troops as prepared as anyone could have them, and hes got some great players to work with. We are the superior team - much stronger on D and more confident on offense. Don't give them any confidence. We got this.

I was thinking about this "it's only the preseason" line of thinking... I think it applies much more to a team the looks like it's hitting on all cylinders rather than a team who's offensive starters didn't score a TD. If they couldn't score TDs against a vanilla defense with no game plan, how are they gonna score against a team that has a plan to stop the Steeler's strength? I think teams are going to load up on the running game and dare Ben to beat them.

Maybe it really is simply the timing of the plays being off because of Ward's holdout and the shuffling of the other WRs from position to postion... but Ben has looked extremely uncomfortable in the pocket AND his throws have been inaccurate. He showed me a lot last year, and I think he will have a great career.... but I am worried about a sophomore slump.

Regardless, they should be able to stomp the Titans without much problem this week.

Steelers --> :D <--Titans

Pittsburgh goes less than .500 this year, guranteed!!!

I'd say 7-9 sounds about right.

P.S. Ben Can't hit the broad side of a barn, too many constant injuries at the RB position.

I guess there's always hoping the D gets 3 TD's a game, Good chance it could happen, Great chance it won't.

P.S. Ben Can't hit the broad side of a barn, too many constant injuries at the RB position.

I guess there's always hoping the D gets 3 TD's a game, Good chance it could happen, Great chance it won't.

973667[/snapback]

I bet we won't hear from you on this matter once the season is over. Your kind was telling us the same type of things last year and practically every other year before it. The Steelers have played in half of the last 10 AFC Championship games (No, I don't want to talk about the results :D ), but that does say something about their consistency.

973667[/snapback]

Guaranteed? Guaranteed by what? Are you putting your home mortgage up or just chatting?

I'm not a homer, just a fan, but that guarantee seems dumb.

:D  Coming from a fan of the team that spells its name for a cheer, like a HS team.

973958[/snapback]

OK, Just for argument's sake...

Let's examine the "cheers" of all 32 NFL teams:

“Here we go Giants, here we go!”

“Here we go Ravens, here we go!”

“Here we go Rams, here we go!”

“Here we go Colts, here we go!”

“Here we go Eagles, here we go!”

“Here we go Cowboys, here we go!”

“Here we go Dolphins, here we go!”

“Here we go Falcons, here we go!”

“Here we go Titans, here we go!”

“Here we go Raiders, here we go!”

“Here we go Bears, here we go!”

“Here we go Niners, here we go!”

“Here we go Bengals, here we go!”

“Here we go Lions, here we go!”

“Here we go Cardinals, here we go!”

“Here we go Browns, here we go!”

“Here we go Packers, here we go!”

“Here we go Seahawks, here we go!”

“Here we go Jaguars, here we go!”

“Here we go Bills, here we go!”

“Here we go Vikings, here we go!”

“Here we go Texans here we go!”

“Here we go Saints, here we go!”

“Here we go Chargers, here we go!”

“Here we go Patriots, here we go!”

“Here we go Panthers, here we go!”

“Here we go Broncos, here we go!”

“Here we go Redskins, here we go!”

“Here we go Chiefs, here we go!”

“Here we go Bucs, here we go!”

“Here we go Steelers, here we go!”

"J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!!!"

If nothing else, the last one gets my vote for originality.

You guys really need to get a new chear.

"Here we go (Insert team name here), Here we go"?

C'mon.  :D

973935[/snapback]

Get yourself your own stadium and then rip on our chants. Where is the Jets game this weekend, is it on the road or in GIANTS stadium ? :D

I hope the Steelers do well this year, but not as good as the Bears of course... :D

Menudo, do you know of a good AM sport station that you can listen to online in Pitt?

I am trying out 970 and am not sure of others.

TIA and good luck this season,

The Dark Knight

975912[/snapback]

The only other one I know of is the local ESPN affiliate. They have a mixture of the national ESPN shows and local guys like Mark Madden and Guy Junker.

WTAE Pittsburgh

Edited by Menudo