[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Long year for Alexander owners

Clark Griswold

Seattle is so brutal on defense right now, they will have to pass to stay in games. Alexander is a stud, but he wont get the rock like he did last yr and will pull an Ahman Green from 2003 to 2004, and not be a top 10 RB.

I watched every preseason game and todays game, and Hass is looking to throw every down. Go get him, and Engram cheap now, before its too late.

On the other hand, if you're an Andre Johnson/Dominic Davis owner, it might be time to panic. Houston's refusal to EVER upgrade a terrible offensive line is starting to show. Buffalo beat the crap out of them today.

Edited by CaptainHook

On the other hand, if you're an Andre Johnson/Dominic Davis owner, it might be time to panic.  Houston's refusal to upgrade a terrible offensive line is starting to show.  Buffalo beat the crap out of them today.

983751[/snapback]

Yeah, the Hou OLine probably isn't great, but that may be the best defense in all of football... I wouldn't panic on DDavis/AJohnson just yet... it's only game, and that D they faced is awesome.

Yeah, the Hou OLine probably isn't great, but that may be the best defense in all of football... I wouldn't panic on DDavis/AJohnson just yet... it's only game, and that D they faced is awesome.

983753[/snapback]

I have Johnson in a dynasty league. He finished off last year the same way as they are starting this year. I am officially worried.

I have Johnson in a dynasty league.  He finished off last year the same way as they are starting this year.  I am officially worried.

983757[/snapback]

I own both of them, Dom in two leagues and Johnson in one. I'm thinking of unloading Davis on some unsuspecting owner in one league real quick, but hedging my bets and subbing Parker in for him in the other. I'll keep Johnson because the Texans are going to be throwing a lot.

I own both of them, Dom in two leagues and Johnson in one.  I'm thinking of unloading Davis on some unsuspecting owner in one league real quick, but hedging my bets and subbing Parker in for him in the other.  I'll keep Johnson because the Texans are going to be throwing a lot.

983761[/snapback]

Did you have Andre Johnson last year? I thought the same thing (that they'd have to pass a lot), but AJ gets doubled every play, and Carrr isn't good enough/doesn't have the time to get him the ball. Johnson started off great last year but has been in the toilet ever since. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

If it's Carr doing the thowing, it might not matter.

983765[/snapback]

Did you have Andre Johnson last year?  I thought the same thing (that they'd have to pass a lot), but AJ gets doubled every play, and Carrr isn't good enough/doesn't have the time to get him the ball.  Johnson started off great last year but has been in the toilet ever since. . .

983766[/snapback]

Y'all may well have a point. I could field Kennison instead..... :D

Y'all may well have a point.  I could field Kennison instead..... :D

983768[/snapback]

While you're thinking ... last year was AJ's "big year", with the expectation that even better things were to come. Last year, by way of comparison:

AJ:

31% of Games with a TD

19% of Games 100+ Yards

44% of Games 50-99 Yards

38% of Games 0-49 Yards

1,154 Total Yards

6 Total Touchdowns

Kennison:

36% of Games with a TD

36% of Games 100+ Yards

50% of Games 50-99 Yards

14% of Games 0-49 Yards

1,101 Total Yards

8 Total Touchdowns

Bruce:

38% of Games with a TD

38% of Games 100+ Yards

38% of Games 50-99 Yards

25% of Games 0-49 Yards

1,292 Total Yards

6 Total Touchdowns

Chambers:

47% of Games with a TD

27% of Games 100+ Yards

20% of Games 50-99 Yards

53% of Games 0-49 Yards

974 Total Yards

7 Total Touchdowns

Mike Clayton:

38% of Games with a TD

13% of Games 100+ Yards

75% of Games 50-99 Yards

13% of Games 0-49 Yards

1,223 Total Yards

7 Total Touchdowns

See the pattern? Guys typically drafted later than AJ are as/almost as productive & frequently as/more consistent ... I'm sure I could find more like those listed above that compare to AJ ... anyway, food for thought.

...and apologies to CG for getting off-topic a bit here.

Edited by ts

What if you have Alexander, Jackson, AND Davis? (not in the same league)

:D

983769[/snapback]

That's me too :D

While you're thinking ... last year was AJ's "big year", with the expectation that even better things were to come. Last year, by way of comparison:

AJ:

31% of Games with a TD

19% of Games 100+ Yards

44% of Games 50-99 Yards

38% of Games 0-49 Yards

1,154 Total Yards

6 Total Touchdowns

Kennison:

36% of Games with a TD

36% of Games 100+ Yards

50% of Games 50-99 Yards

14% of Games 0-49 Yards

1,101 Total Yards

8 Total Touchdowns

Bruce:

38% of Games with a TD

38% of Games 100+ Yards

38% of Games 50-99 Yards

25% of Games 0-49 Yards

1,292 Total Yards

6 Total Touchdowns

Chambers:

47% of Games with a TD

27% of Games 100+ Yards

20% of Games 50-99 Yards

53% of Games 0-49 Yards

974 Total Yards

7 Total Touchdowns

Mike Clayton:

38% of Games with a TD

13% of Games 100+ Yards

75% of Games 50-99 Yards

13% of Games 0-49 Yards

1,223 Total Yards

7 Total Touchdowns

See the pattern? Guys typically drafted later than AJ are as/almost as productive & frequently as/more consistent ... I'm sure I could find more like those listed above that compare to AJ ... anyway, food for thought.

...and apologies to CG for getting off-topic a bit here.

983779[/snapback]

good info here. It's numbers like these that convinced me to draft Clayton ahead of Johnson, and to specifically target Kennison in the middle rounds. We'll see how smart that was in the weeks to come.

Edit to add: As an owner, I'm not concerned about Alexander at all. Though, I'd like to have seen him more involved in the passing game.

Edited by yo mama

I think Alexander will be fine. He was very solid and consistant last year (except for a couple of games, one he was hurt vs TB in Week 2, and another game when they inexplicably decided not to run the ball).

As for the WR thread drift:

I targeted Clayton and Smith, but both were long gone by my 4.09 pick, and that left me with Roy Williams as the only Tier 2 WR left. I wanted some consistancy from my WRs, especially WR1, and it does not appear from the stats the "ts" showed us, that A Johnson, provides that. And I don't think Roy Williams will be that consistant WR1 either, since he has never been consistant. Having suffered with A Johnson the second half of the year, I can not see how he went 3.08 in my league when HOU did nothing to improve their offense in the offseason. Which is a shame because he has Tier 1 talent.

Alexander averaged over 5 YPC against JAX and Seattles defense isn;t any worse this year than it was in previous years.  I see no reason to panic.

985059[/snapback]

Yea, but a chunk of it came on a couple of runs to the outside. Had he not broken those off it would have been way worse. I know only the total counts, but he came close to having a really bad day.

Jax's interior D line is probably the best in the NFL....2 Pro-Bowlers starting and they get after it. Now they need some help from the O.

I think SA will be fine...

Edited by cmoore

Alexander faced a TOUGH defense yesterday.  The Jags have a very tough and underrated defense and, if they can repeat what they did on offense yesterday, they could easily go 12-4.

985241[/snapback]

The Jags aren't THAT good. Seattle self destructing with ridiculous turnovers was the reason they lost that game.

The Jags aren't THAT good.  Seattle self destructing with ridiculous turnovers was the reason they lost that game.

985255[/snapback]

Good defenses force turnovers. How many "ridiculous turnovers" have the Colts committed when playing the Pats? When was the last time Manning threw four picks in a game or Edge fumbled twice in the red zone?

The Jags are like the Ravens, but a little weaker on defense and a slightly better passing game. I think they're a wild card team this year.

The Jags aren't THAT good.  Seattle self destructing with ridiculous turnovers was the reason they lost that game.

985255[/snapback]

Mmmm, 11th fewest rushing yards (111.1 per game average) and 3rd fewest rushing TDs allowed (7) last year. Clearly not the dominant run-stopping DEF in the NFL. But pretty darn solid. And based on yesterday's defensive performance, it looks like the Jags DEF is picking up where it left off.

Good defenses force turnovers.  How many "ridiculous turnovers" have the Colts committed when playing the Pats?  When was the last time Manning threw four picks in a game or Edge fumbled twice in the red zone?

The Jags are like the Ravens, but a little weaker on defense and a slightly better passing game.  I think they're a wild card team this year.

985268[/snapback]

I was referring to the fumble on the opening kick-off and the pass across his body Hass tried to float out to SA. Both were absolute gifts, more Seahawk stupidity than great play by the Jags. I think the Jags will be good, but 12-4 is a reach.

Edited by CaptainHook