[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philip Rivers/Drew Brees

Avernus

I am listening to ESPN radio here in Philly and the latest word (even though the Chargers have said Rivers will not be traded this season) is that Philip Rivers will be traded to the Jets for Jonathan Vilma...

They have been talking fantasy, spreads and whatnot....and this came up....

speak on it if you wish...

If true, that's a huge vote of confience in Brees, who's dynasty value just got a boner.

1031870[/snapback]

yea, it's funny...because on NFL Live, they said someone from the Chargers FO assured everyone that Rivers would not be traded this season...

as opposed to after the season? :D

Whoa. No way. No freakin' way. Do you really think the Jets would trade the centerpiece of their defense for a QB that hasn't done diddlysquat in the NFL? As far fetched as it sounds on paper, I'd love to see it happen... the Charger LB corps would be far and away the best in the NFL. The deal would probably include one of the current Bolt LBs (maybe Leber...?) in addition to Rivers. I just don't see it happening. Wow. I must now investigate. Post a :D if you find it... I'll do the same.

Oh, and it would drop Vilma down in IDP rankings a smidge. Improve the Bolts' overall DEF ranking. Wow. Umm... :D

Edited by darin3

Whoa.  No way.  No freakin' way.  Do you really think the Jets would trade the centerpiece of their defense for a QB that hasn't done diddlysquat in the NFL?  I'd love to see it happening... the Charger LB corps would be far and away the best in the NFL.  The deal would probably include one of the current Bolt LBs (maybe Leber...?) in addition to Rivers.  I just don't see it happening.

1031969[/snapback]

maybe...they just mentioned Rivers and Vilma being involved.....I'd expect a draft pick to be involved in here somewhere...you rarely see an NFL trade not involving draft picks...

maybe...they just mentioned Rivers and Vilma being involved.....I'd expect a draft pick to be involved in here somewhere...you rarely see an NFL trade not involving draft picks...

1031971[/snapback]

Very true.

Just checked the Chargers' message boards... no mention of this at all. Just a bunch of squawk about the Chargers' GM confirming Rivers won't be traded. :D

Edit: According to my inside Jets source, the Bolts asked for Vilma in exchange for Rivers (and maybe a LB and/or draft pick) and GM Bradway hung up on 'em. :D Sounds like the Titans' Volek is an option... or the draft, according to said source. :D

Edited by darin3

Very true.

Just checked the Chargers' message boards... no mention of this at all.  Just a bunch of squawk about the Chargers' GM confirming Rivers won't be traded.  :D

1031989[/snapback]

:D at least the talks took place if it was on ESPN radio....no word on it happening...but that's what was mentioned....

I'd be shocked if it went down....but it's newsworthy at least... :D

Vilma's not going anywhere. It would be stupid on so many levels.

1032249[/snapback]

I agree. I can't see this trade happening!

(Which, of course, means it will probably be announced as a done deal tomorrow!!! :D )