[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Harrison/Wayne...Colts offense.

ROCKNE

Marvin has always been the #1 and I don't see that changing this year. Like last year, he'll probably lead the team in receptions. Since he's almost impossible to single-cover, he'll probably lead the team in receiving TDs as well (I'll guess 12). But I could see Wayne out-producing him again in yardage.

Opposing defenses are dropping 7 or 8 men into coverage, so it's no wonder that they're not throwing the ball as much or as effectively. But, unfortunately for opposing teams, that strategy isn't a winning formula against a team that has a solid running game and can now play defense. I'd expect opposing defenses to blitz more often and Peyton to make more use of Stokley, Clark, and Edge in the passing game. But this will definitely be a big year for Edge owners, unfortunately at the expense of Manning and the WRs. Right now, I'd expect...

Manning: 4,050 yds, 34 TDs, 13 INT

Marvin: 80 rec, 1,050 yds, 12 TDs

Wayne: 70 rec, 1,150 yds, 9 TDs

Stokley: 50 rec, 850 yds, 6 TDs

Clark: 30 rec, 500 yds, 3 TDs

Edited by Bill Swerski

I think Dungy is loving thte fact that they are winning with ball control and Defense and until they start losing or get significantly behind in a game, I don't see the Colts airing it out to the same degree as last year any time soon.

I'll never draft a QB in the first round again....

I think Dungy is loving thte fact that they are winning with ball control and Defense and until they start losing or get significantly behind in a game, I don't see the Colts airing it out to the same degree as last year any time soon.

I'll never draft a QB in the first round again....

1033416[/snapback]

I agree. Dungy couldn't be happier with the way his defense is playing.

And I don't think they'll be airing out like they did last year, but I think

it should definately pick up anytime.

My opinion is that this will stay pretty much the same until later in the year.

After the Titans, they have the 49ers, Rams, and Texans. Perhaps the St. Louis game may show us a glimpse of getting back to hugh fantasy production from all their working parts, but it appears to me that they can use the same formula they've been using up until their bye week.

What's happening right now is exactly what Bill posted. Don't always see eye to eye with Mr Swerski, but every now and then, you've got to give the Devil his due.

Teams have decided that the best way to defend the Indy offense, is by constantly dropping 8 in coverage. I've even seen games this year where the defense has opened a series in a Nickle D and then stayed with that package for almost an entire game! :D

Well so far it's worked, in that Manning hasn't gone off and it is keeping the Colts offense from their normal high scoring affairs.

Problem is that the Colts just happen to have "The Winning Edge" for this type of defensive game plan.

A lethal combination of a healthy does of Edge to go along with an unexpectedly stout Indy defense.

Seems D coordinators underestimated both Edge and the improvement to Indy's D.

As the season goes along you'll see defenses go away from this type of game plan, which will inevitably open things back up for Manning & the passing game.

I mean how long can teams stomach Edge to just bludgeon them into submission?

In the long run, Indy's passing offense will come around. Now how long is that you ask?

Well that's the $64 question isn't it?

Send Money Orders or Cashiers Checks to PO Box.............. :D

Oh! And P.S.

Harrison is still Indy's #1 WR. Rumors of his demise were grossly exaggerated.

Opposing defenses are dropping 7 or 8 men into coverage, so it's no wonder that they're not throwing the ball as much or as effectively.  But, unfortunately for opposing teams, that strategy isn't a winning formula against a team that has a solid running game and can now play defense.  I'd expect opposing defenses to blitz more often and Peyton to make more use of Stokley, Clark, and Edge in the passing game.  But this will definitely be a big year for Edge owners, unfortunately at the expense of Manning and the WRs.

1033407[/snapback]

I think Colts opponents will stick to this game plan. I would much rather give the Colts T.O.P. and hold them to 7-21 points. Sooner or later the Colts D will give up points. They have only faced Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Cleveland so far. Those 3 teams are far from top tier offenses.

They have only faced Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Cleveland so far.  Those 3 teams are far from top tier offenses.

1034066[/snapback]

Baltimore's offense sucks, but CLE had a huge game against GB and JAX's offense did very well in their other two games this season...

JAX

Week 1 - 26 pts vs. SEA

Week 2 - 3 pts vs. IND

Week 3 - 26 pts vs. NYJ

CLE

Week 1 - 10 pts vs. SEA

Week 2 - 26 pts vs. GB

Week 3 - 6 pts vs. IND

The Colts D does have a lot to prove in the long run, but they're shutting down offenses that are putting up 2-3 TDs/game against their other oppenents.

Baltimore's offense sucks, but CLE had a huge game against GB and JAX's offense did very well in their other two games this season...

JAX

Week 1 - 26 pts vs. SEA

Week 2 - 3 pts vs. IND

Week 3 - 26 pts vs. NYJ

CLE

Week 1 - 10 pts vs. SEA

Week 2 - 26 pts vs. GB

Week 3 - 6 pts vs. IND

The Colts D does have a lot to prove in the long run, but they're shutting down offenses that are putting up 2-3 TDs/game against their other oppenents.

1034102[/snapback]

CLE

Week 1 - 10 pts vs. SEA CIN

Well, I guess we really can't count on your for accurate information now, can we??????????????

:D

CLE

Week 1 - 10 pts vs. SEA CIN

Well, I guess we really can't count on your for accurate information now, can we??????????????

:D

1034111[/snapback]

Yep, that's what happens when I try to do work and football at the same time. :doah:

can't count on your for

Touche' :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Mark my words, this is the week folks. Manning will pass for overr 300 yards and 3 scores and Harrison and wayne will both go over 100 yards with one getting one td and the other getting the other 2.

Mark my words, this is the week folks. Manning will pass for overr 300 yards and 3 scores and Harrison and wayne will both go over 100 yards with one getting one td and the other getting the other 2.

1034129[/snapback]

I like your style. I'm going to the game so I hope you are right. Although Edgerrin James traditionally has had better games against the Titans than Manning has:

9/19/04 @ TEN James: 21 carries 124 yards 2 TD; 2 receptions 3 yards

12/5/04 @ IND James: 18 carries 105 yards 2 TD; 4 receptions 31 yards

9/14/03 @ IND James: 30 carries 120 yards 1 TD; 2 receptions 9 yards

12/7/03 @ TEN James: 28 carries 97 yards 2 TD; 2 receptions 13 yards

9/19/04 @ TEN Manning: 24/33 254 yards 2 TD 0 INT

12/5/04 @ IND Manning: 25/33 425 yards 3 TD 2 INT

9/14/03 @ IND Manning: 14/21 173 yards 1 TD

12/7/03 @ TEN Manning: 22/34 228 yards 0 TD

Pac Man Jones gets his first start for the Titans, and the #2 CB Andre Woolfolk is new as a starter this year.

Edited by CaptainHook

Wayne:

9/19/04 @ TEN 7 receptions 119 yard 1 TD

12/5/04 @ IND 6 receptions 96 yards 1 TD

9/14/03 @ IND 2 receptions 22 yards

12/7/03 @ TEN 2 receptions 19 yards

1034699[/snapback]

Curses! :D

It looks like the Moulds Odd ~ Even year theory for Wayne against Tenn applies here. Guess who has no choice but to start him this weekend. :D