[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Harrison/Wayne...Colts offense.

ROCKNE

I don't see the Titans playing the Colts like other teams have been so far this year.  They don't have the personnel.

1034721[/snapback]

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. From what I understand, teams have been dropping 7-8 men in coverage, tring to take away what Indy does best on offense. Then they hope they can stall drives/ keep the score close, at least enough to have a chance. The Pats have done this in the past with some success, but mostly because they have a very good D-line (I can only assume this is what you mean by Tenn lack of personal?).

In any case, if Tenn uses a more trad. def, then Manning and the Colts will prob. go up pretty early in the game, and after that, I'd figure they'd go back to rushing the ball to eat up the clock/keep def. off the field and rested.

Either way, I don't see the Colts scoreing a ton unless their def. reverts to their old form, and allows the Titans to score a lot of points.

I could be wrong, but we'll see. :D

Always bet with the trend.

Everybody keeps waiting for something to happen, but the head coach, (if you will remember) has historically been a ball control / defensive minded coach. The heroics of the offense in the recent years was born of necessity.

I predict Manning and company will have their first big game the first time the defense spouts a leak. It could be this weekend. It could be against the Bengals in a couple of weeks.

But I just DON'T believe the game plan will change until defenses change the way they play the Colts as well.

Deep down I just think the party is over. Lower your expectations.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. From what I understand, teams have been dropping 7-8 men in coverage, tring to take away what Indy does best on offense. Then they hope they can stall drives/ keep the score close, at least enough to have a chance. The Pats have done this in the past with some success, but mostly because they have a very good D-line (I can only assume this is what you mean by Tenn lack of personal?).

In any case, if Tenn uses a more trad. def, then Manning and the Colts will prob. go up pretty early in the game, and after that, I'd figure they'd go back to rushing the ball to eat up the clock/keep def. off the field and rested.

Either way, I don't see the Colts scoreing a ton unless their def. reverts to their old form, and allows the Titans to score a lot of points.

I could be wrong, but we'll see. :D

1034757[/snapback]

I don't think Tennessee can get pressure without blitzing, something teams have not been doing at all. Tennessee likes to blitz. Their corners and safeties are young and inexperienced. PacMan is a small guy. I don't see him jamming guys off the line, trying to re-route them. Baltimore and Cleveland ran a lot of the 3-4 defense, something that always gives the Colts problems, no matter who runs it. Cleveland was playing the pass all day. Jacskonville was having great success getting pressure up the middle with their great DT's, plus Manning was having an off day.

Like I said, I don't think they have the scheme/personnel to do what the first three teams have.

I'm going to do it. I GUARANTEE at least 3 TD's from Manning this weekend.

Edited by CaptainHook

First of all, who do you think will be the #1 WR by the end of the season & secondly, do you think think the Colts ofense will get it together and start playing like last year?

1033352[/snapback]

Harrison was my second pick and biggest dissappointment this year. 8 fantasy points in last 2 weeks combined, and worst is that my 3rd WR (Kennison) has played better both weeks. However, I think this week against Tennesee he'll break out and get 1 TD 100+ yards

I third that, I draft wayne to be my big gun #2 WR and he is poo poo so far.

1036488[/snapback]

The lesson to be learned here is never, EVER (well, OK, in rare situations it's OK) count on a team's #2 WR to be your fantasy breadwinner.

Best part about Manning's 4th td pass today?

As an Edge owner, I can look forward to a steady diet of him throughout the 4th quarter... :rubshandstogethergreedily:

I don't think Tennessee can get pressure without blitzing, something teams have not been doing at all.  Tennessee likes to blitz.  Their corners and safeties are young and inexperienced.  PacMan is a small guy.  I don't see him jamming guys off the line, trying to re-route them.  Baltimore and Cleveland ran a lot of the 3-4 defense, something that always gives the Colts problems, no matter who runs it.  Cleveland was playing the pass all day.  Jacskonville was having great success getting pressure up the middle with their great DT's, plus Manning was having an off day.

Like I said, I don't think they have the scheme/personnel to do what the first three teams have.

I'm going to do it.  I GUARANTEE at least 3 TD's from Manning this weekend.

1034785[/snapback]

I just got home from the game. All I can say is :D

Edited by CaptainHook