[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willie Parker owners

Skrappy1

:D  :D  :D Bettis is back, Bettis is back.

1034556[/snapback]

and geared up for short trips at the GL I hope. But I will take a wait and see attitude for now.

I have not paid attention to the Steelers' games. Have they gotten themselves in the short and Goal situation often on offense this season?

This was bound to happen.Parker is a gamebreaker,but if Staley is healthy he is a very good back.Cowher won't just leave him on the bench.Bettis will get the goal line carries.If at all possible stay away,very far away.For the Steelers this looks like a great situation,3 very different style of backs that are all pretty darn good.For the fantsy world,this is a kick in the rocks :D

I don't really get it, just because some reporter is spectulating on what is going to happen in week 7, people thing it is the truth. Trade Parker if you like, but don't give that report too much credit. Everyone knew from the beginning that Staley and Bettis would come back after the bye, nothing new IMO.

On another note, I was watching the Game of the Week on the NFL Channel and there was a clip of Staley mentoring Parker about picking up the bliz.. I thought it was pretty cool, because you could tell the Staley really wants Parker and the team to succeed. Staley get an A+ in my book.

As a Parker owner, I am a little concern about having a healthy Staley/Bettis back in week 5. Since this is PIT's bye week, there is nothing to report about except the time clock error and the RB situation. So speculation is being substituted for "news". Until I hear Cowher say that Staley will be my starting RB, I am not going to panic.

They way I see it playing out is that Parker will remain the starter and get 15-20 touches, Staley will get a handful each week, and Bettis in certain short yardage packages. There is no doubt that PIT uses a form of RBBC, and that Haynes will be the odd back out (Parker did not get 100% of the touches the first three weeks, more like 75%, which is consistant with PIT's philosophy). Here is part of the RBBC preseason article from our Huddle:

This rushing attack for the Steelers is usually RBBC in nature with the basher Bettis countered by a fleet runner - last year was supposed to be Staley though he was injured in many games or absent. With Staley back and old man Bettis one year older, the sharing ratio should return to where it was when Staley was healthy last year. He'll take about 70% of the carries and get all the yards while Bettis comes in for all short yardage and goal line runs. If Staley's balky knee continues to be a problem, then WIllie Parker is expected to step in and supply the yardage runs.

Parker had a relatively poor game vs a tough, albeit decimated, NE DEF. But he also had two great games in week 1 and 2. I don't think that Cowher will make the change unless Parker's production drops significantly. Of course, PIT's schedule the next 4 weeks is not the easiest, which will lend more fuel to this speculative fire (at SD, vs JAX, at CIN, vs BALT), but after that, PIT should be able to run the ball at will (and Sam and Mike) the rest of the year.

just my .02