[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willie Parker owners

Skrappy1

This sounds like only pure and unsubstantiated speculation by a homer newspaper, but it's at least worth seeing:

Duce Staley - RB - Steelers

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Duce Staley will be probably be the team's starting running back by week seven.

Staley needs to stay healthy. Even if that happens, he'll probably give up 15 touches a game to Willie Parker and Jerome Bettis. While good news for Staley owners, the three running backs could cancel each other out. Sep. 30 - 12:22 pm et

Link

Edited by Skrappy1

:D

This came out of NOWHERE!!

1034251[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking when I read it. I'm not saying I think they are right...really I haven't thought about it that much because I don't own any Pittsburgh RBs in any of my leagues, but I figured it would excite the Duce owners and ruffle the feathers of the Parker guys a bit. If I did own Parker, I would be thinking about trying to handcuff him with Staley while his value is likely very low.

Edited by Skrappy1

Some more info from Rotowire:

Parker has lost about five pounds since the beginning of the season, and the Steelers are likely to reduce his workload, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports. The coaching staff apparently doesn't believe Parker has the stamina to continue carrying the ball 20 times per game. It's likely that the team will lean on Duce Staley as the starter, with Parker coming in off of the bench as a change of pace back. In this scenario, Parker's fantasy value would fluctuate greatly on a game-to-game basis.

Crap. 

Wait.

Crap!!!

Ah man, all we can hope is that Willie's drive allows him to tear it up weeks 5 and 6.

1034280[/snapback]

Just be happy with the 2 good weeks he has given you and move on. He wasn't drafted for a reason.

WOW, does five pounds really mean that much? As far as stamina goes, I don't see the Pitt. games so I haven't seen him call for breathers or whatever. Where does all this come from? One subpar game, or was he worthless to begin with? He's my #4 so if it does happen it's ok 15 carries a game is good for a #4. I was hoping he'd turn into more though. :D

Of course they are going to reduce his workload, he's toted the rock every play for 3 games and with Staley and Bettis back healthy , i'm sure he'll get SPELLED, but that's about all i see. They are not foolish enough to not ride the Willy train until it Wrecks, and then just take the Bus the rest of the way home.

Nothing new here, just an opinon that we all knew.

Point people to this thread and then go and trade for Parker. Yes he is going to lose touches to a healthy Staley but we knew that from day one. This is his job to lose at this point and I for one don't see him losing it.

Writers need to write and Parker is a hot topic right now. These guys are only speculating.

Point people to this thread and then go and trade for Parker.  Yes he is going to lose touches to a healthy Staley but we knew that from day one.  This is his job to lose at this point and I for one don't see him losing it.

Writers need to write and Parker is a hot topic right now.  These guys are only speculating.

1034508[/snapback]

I agree. Bettis and Staley have previously said they cant do what he does, he is the best runner on the team and he should remain the starter....

But I imagine they will take some carries from him... and if he gets inside the 5 he better score becuase they will want to run their gimmick Bus.

Everyone is drawing too many conclusions on the Pitt RB's based on Parker having 1 mediocre game against NE. However, I do agree that Parker will lose some carries in order for him to last through the season. I still see him with 15-20 carries, Staley 5-10, Bettis under 5. I'm sure Parker will put those 5 lbs back on during the bye week, and maybe start ingesting some serious calories to keep up his weight.

No way Staley becomes the featured back. Staley is Stale Bread that needs to be thrown out. He's oft-injured so there's no way they're going to feed him.

Maybe Parker's carries will be limited to 20 carries max though if he truely can't handle the load. He's fresh legs though, so I doubt it. Pittsburgh has been limiting him as is. Parker has 64 carries to Haynes 20.

Staley and Haynes will be fighting for scraps

I'm glad I traded Parker while his value was at it's highest.

1034355[/snapback]

Ahhh ... by midnight, I will have consumated deals to trade away Willie Parker in both leagues ... Got DJax & Jamal for him & Rattay in one; Getting Jimmy Smith & Lee Suggs in the other -- that one didn't get moving until the dark clouds were closer to the horizon ...

Bettis and Staley are both excellent runners, and Pittsburgh would be dumb not to use all 3 to their advantage.  Whatever moves the ball most effectively is what they will do.

1034656[/snapback]

BINGO! Parker may eventually be THE man in Pittsburgh (here's a Steeeeeler fan who sure hopes so), but for the rest of the year (through the victory in Detroit in SB XL), I'm seeing a trey-approach to pounding the ball. :D

this is the news that i see on sportsline...

Duce Staley to start soon?

Duce Staley, RB PIT

News: According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Steelers RB Willie Parker has shedded five pounds since being named the starter and has the coaching staff concerned that he doesn't have the bulk to handle carrying the ball for 20 times per game. As a result, RB Duce Staley could take over as the starter with Parker being reduced to a change-of-pace running back.

Analysis: The move doesn't make a lot of sense considering Parker's production, but the Steelers are a team that prefers to pound the ball, and Parker is no good to them if he's banged up. Staley still isn't worth starting in leagues, but if he takes a prominent role in the Pittsburgh offense, he'll deserve some consideration.

Willie Parker to lose reps?

Willie Parker, RB PIT

News: According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Steelers RB Willie Parker has shedded five pounds since being named the starter and has the coaching staff concerned that he doesn't have the bulk to handle carrying the ball for 20 times per game. As a result, RB Duce Staley could take over as the starter with Parker being reduced to a change-of-pace running back.

Analysis: The move doesn't make a lot of sense considering Parker's production, but the Steelers are a team that prefers to pound the ball, and Parker is no good to them if he's banged up. Keep Parker on your roster, of course, but be open to trading him as his value could take a nosedive.