[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NY @ Ana

Bier Meister

Must-win for the Halos. Last night sucked. Supposed Cy Young candidate (and favorite) gets two quick and solid outs, then craps the bed, allowing a rookie with only a moderately good bat to rip a bases-clearing double.

Lackey is gonna come out with guns blazing. And Chien Ming Wanger Top Ramen is gonna get shelled.

Well pitched game so far after the top of the 6th inning... if Wang is getting shelled so far, I'll take it all night!

1046457[/snapback]

He was surprisingly effective against the Halo bats, I'll admit it. But they finally got to him. What a fun game. I was at a couple of bars last night, had a blast.

Go Angels!

I suppose they should have given him a standing ovation for pitching like $hit. The Unit has yet to earn his pinstripes. The only way he will earn them is by pitching well in the playoffs. He deserved to get booed for that performance.

Did you happen to watch Game 4? The definition of class is what they did for Bernie Williams. Bernie earned his pinstripes a long time ago. The fans showed how much they appreciated his career playing with the Yankees by giving him a standing ovation and chanting his name every time he came up to bat knowing it could very well be the last time he plays at Yankee Stadium.

What have you done for me lately! :D

1056682[/snapback]

What have you done for me period even. While for the most part he did pitch pretty well down the stretch, let's not forget that he also did get himself ejected in the 2nd inning of a very important game in mid September, not to mention that he was mostly erratic and disappointing all season long. He's been surly and uncooperative with the media all year as well, and thus they've portrayed him as the spoiled, whiny, petulant man-child that he is. He's made backhanded remarks about teammates, guys who have been around and done a lot more for the Yankees than he himself ever will (guys like Jorge Posada for instance). He also criticized Yankee fans PRIOR to that game saying that the fans in Arizona were louder and more supportive than the fans at Yankee Stadium (yeah right) - all this after he begged, cried and sulked his way out of Arizona and to the Yankees. Then he goes out and pitches like absolute garbage in the biggest game of his Yankee career, a game the Yankees absolutely had to win, the type of game that he was brought in specifically for, and he put the Yankees season in jeopardy in the process. Ironically, the Yankee fans at the Stadium were just finally giving Randy the loud response that he was asking for, and there's no doubt that he deserved every bit of it. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

Aren't NY fans full of class? 

Booing Johnson off after he was one of the three reasons your overpriced ragbag sacks of $hit made it to the playoffs shows what turds y'all are.

1056640[/snapback]

Good info here.

Now, Dan Kolb, there is a player to boo.

It's a shame to see the New York Yankees get sent home so uncermonoiusly.

Such a great team. Such great character, poise, and toughness.

Think of how great this team is. Never again in our lifetime will we see this type of talent brought together in one dugout. This cast of first ballot hall of famers - Jeter, ARod, The Big Unich. What an honor to have had the opportunity to watch this classy bunch....

Ahhh nevermind - I can't contain my laughter anymore :D:D:D:D:D

Just to make it clear I don't have a problem with pretty much any of the Yankees players. Their manager in particular is a total class act, an amazing feat when you consider he works for that louse Steinbrenner.

The fans, however, are a bunch of spoiled brats.

Same as last week...

Since the MVP is for regular season only, I'm not sure I understand the relevance of your question.

1060345[/snapback]

I don't think many people know that votes are due in before the playoffs begin. :D