[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Everyone is Trade Happy

admtahoe

Why is everyone in such a hurry to make a trade?

Is this part of the whole FF thing?

It seems that alot of trades are basically equal players or garbage being offered for gold which doesnt happen.

Thank god the NFL doesn't have teams that trade away their whole team every week.

in my opinion, trading is more important than the FF draft. You can make trades to teams that lack in a certain area, while making your team stronger. Why sit on your draft choices if you were one of the unlucky ones who used a first rounder for culpepper or mcallister. why not give up and make your team a little better and, hopefully, make the other team a little weaker...w0rd

Im not saying you shouldnt trade to make your team better.

But some of the trades we see in here seem ridiculous to downright trash for trash, so why do it?

why trade bruce for coles or jordan for McGahee,

These aren't really improvemetns for a team.

So I was just trying to say it seems people just want to trade just to do it.

I know there are alot of trades that have been completed that people wish they could have taken back.

I myself do make trades, but I dont offer people Jake Plummer for Payton Manning, that is just insanity.

Trading is just interesting to begin with.

I dunno, I kinda like trading because, well, it's a game. Ultimately, trading is one of the fun parts of the game.

Sadly, it doesn't work out much, which is why my leagues tend not to see many trades.

last year before the season started I traded Stephen Davis plus someone for marvin harrison + Micheal Bennett, rode Marvin into the playoffs.

then again, I also traded for jake Plummer late because I thought I needed a QB and couldn't get Favre from the owner who had him and Plummer, and rode the snake right out of the playoffs.

but I just find interacting with the other owners fun. sometimes.

FF is like the stock market.

Some folks buy a set of stocks and keep them forever -- regardless of what they do -- just as some folks draft a team and then sit there with the same roster, believing that long term patience will maximize return on investment.

Others buy a set of stocks and then trade/sell them looking to maximize short term profits that will stack up favorably over the long term -- just as some folks draft a team and then run about like a Jelly looking for angles and opportunities to upgrade using something slightly better than the fodder on the wire.

Both strategies can be incredibly successful. It's risk/reward tolerance. It's how much effort you're willing to exert. It's all Wall Street ... and no, they won't let me play with my stocks. :D

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

Glad you decided to stay tahoe. The league I'm in has been together for 20 years, so there is rarely any trading going on. I could be wrong but most (not all) of the "WDIS" and "is this trade a good one" threads stem from owners who panic after one of their players does not perform as expected. I prefer to wait out the storm and give some of my bench players some playing time, if I don't like certain matchups, or someone has not been performing well. :D

When your season looks bleak and you're sitting at 1-4, it just makes it fun to mix it up and root for a new guy. Most people never make trades with the #1 draft pick, but if you're losing, you can trade your #1 for two solid #2's. Do nothing and go down with the ship... do something, and it makes going down with the ship a little less predictable.

Why is everyone in such a hurry to make a trade?

Is this part of the whole FF thing?

It seems that alot of trades are basically equal players or garbage being offered for gold which doesnt happen.

Thank god the NFL doesn't have teams that trade away their whole team every week.

1064365[/snapback]

I'm not trade happy :D I'm trade MAD!!! :D My QB's have underperformed all year as have any RB's not named LT2. I'm not happy about having to trade, I'm just trying to improve my team.

The only time I trade is to improve my team. Sometimes my opinion is much different than others, so I may think my team is getting better where you may think that it was a useless trade. It all depends on how you feel about your teams chances. I am in another league that has been together for years and I think there has only been 1 trade so far with 1 more pending.

I am in a league that does not trade much. In the last four years, I have made only one trade. I have been very succesfull in the league so far (2 Supers, just missed last year and 4-1 this year) and have done so by really keeping an eye on the WW. There has already been three trades in my league this year which is unheard of for us. The increase in trading is directly related to the number of starts that have been injured this year. I have lost at least three and have even proposed a trade or two. It may get worse before better.

I'm not trade happy  :D I'm trade MAD!!!  :D  My QB's have underperformed all year as have any RB's not named LT2.  I'm not happy about having to trade, I'm just trying to improve my team.

1064521[/snapback]

:D You're in a 10 team league that only has to keep 2 QB's and you have Brooks ... :D WAKE UP!

Take a look at the WW there has to be better options out there.

Can you say COLLUSION?

I have been playing FF for 15 years and it has ALWAYS been my experience that you will never get fair value for trades.

1064847[/snapback]

I just got Caddy, M Clayton, and Bledsoe in trade for Dilfer, A Green, and R Ferguson. I'd call that fair or more than fair value at this point in time.

Can you say COLLUSION?

I have been playing FF for 15 years and it has ALWAYS been my experience that you will never get fair value for trades.

1064847[/snapback]

I too have been playing for 15 years and it has ALWAYS been my experience that no two owners will look at a trade and see the same thing. Just as we all have a different order before the season starts, we also assign different values to players during the season.

Admitedly, a trade of Peyton Manning for Jake Plummer would be incredibly hard to justify, but Peyton Manning for Tom Brady? Or Peyton Manning for Mark Brunell and Hines Ward? Anybody can tell me that those aren't fair, but I will respond that that is your opinion (and I am not saying that I would make either of those trades).

But admtahoe, to address your question, I only see trades as serving a valid purpose for me when either different numbers of players are being exchanged or different positions. In the first a team with one stud but no depth sees a need to be able to field a greater number of starters. In the second case teams mesh well for a trade because they have different strenghts and weaknesses... both see an opportunity to address a weakness without getting rid of too much of their strength. I agree with you about swapping Lamont Jordan for McGahee... why bother?

But you already knew that, so I am babbling. :D