[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mark Brunell...

haywood

Is this guy for real? I don't know if I'm convinced. It's just hard for me to believe that all of a sudden he rejuvenated his career. Is he the real deal or is he just taking advantages of piss poor defenses? When his schedule gets tougher in the next couple of weeks after SF, is he gonna suck again?

Brunell is for real. Things went downhill for him very quickly here in Jacksonville after Leftwich was drafted, and very little (if any) of that was his fault.

I'm not sure what happend during that first year in Washington. What you're seeing now is what I expected to see last year. I consider last season to be the fluke, not this one.

I think I speak for a lot of Jaguars fans when I say that I wish we had him back, but then most of us never wanted to see him go in the first place.

Brunell is for real.  Things went downhill for him very quickly here in Jacksonville after Leftwich was drafted, and very little (if any) of that was his fault. 

I'm not sure what happend during that first year in Washington.  What you're seeing now is what I expected to see last year.  I consider last season to be the fluke, not this one.

I think I speak for a lot of Jaguars fans when I say that I wish we had him back, but then most of us never wanted to see him go in the first place.

1085892[/snapback]

You starting him over Hasslebeck this weekend?

1087469[/snapback]

Him and Moss have a great chemistry. I'm looking forward to it all year. I have them both along with Cooley (backing up LJ Smith) and I've been really happy with their production. Brunell was a steal on the waiver wire.

He's averaging 22.4 pts/game in my league. I'd say thats not a fluke after 6 weeks. Some may say its too early to tell, but I wouldn't wait any longer. This week marks the halfway point for many FFers before playoffs start

He's averaging 22.4 pts/game in my league. I'd say thats not a fluke after 6 weeks. Some may say its too early to tell, but I wouldn't wait any longer. This week marks the halfway point for many FFers before playoffs start

1087495[/snapback]

I picked him up in 3 different leagues but haven't started him yet....just didn't have that much trust in him. I plan on starting him this weekend because of the match-up but I wouldn't be surprised if he stunk it up. It's happened to me too many times.

I picked him up in 3 different leagues but haven't started him yet....just didn't have that much trust in him.  I plan on starting him this weekend because of the match-up but I wouldn't be surprised if he stunk it up.  It's happened to me too many times.

1087618[/snapback]

I picked him up in 3 leagues....starting him there since the other QB's are Bulger and T Green.

Edited by Big John

I picked him up in 3 different leagues but haven't started him yet....just didn't have that much trust in him.  I plan on starting him this weekend because of the match-up but I wouldn't be surprised if he stunk it up.  It's happened to me too many times.

1087618[/snapback]

I played him a few times. Drafted him last year too but that didn't work out. This year is what I expected last year.

1087469[/snapback]

Right now I have Brunell in my starting lineup, but it's a tough call. Hasselbeck has played well for me, and although Dallas is playing good defense right now, I think he can put up solid numbers. The only problem with Hasselbeck is that Alexander is a TD machine. Without DJax around to score from outside the Red Zone, the TDs have been a little harder to come by.

On the other hand, the Redskins like to throw in the Red Zone, so that makes it tough to pass up on Brunell when he has a good matchup, especially since my league awards 6 points for passing TDs.

I picked Brunell up a few weeks ago too, and I can't believe it, but I'm considering starting him over Carson Palmer this weekend. He's been very consistent, and the match-up this weekend is just too much to resist! With Palmer going against a tough PIT D, I might make the switch.

I'm just glad I have Brunell as a reliable option (as opposed to the guy I drafted - Harrington)

I picked up Brunell. I thought he'd do well this week. Coming home today I heard on Sirius Radio (can't remember if it was the nfl network or one of the espn channels) that Brunell had some trouble with his calf. Did anyone hear anything about this?

Right now I have Brunell in my starting lineup, but it's a tough call.  Hasselbeck has played well for me, and although Dallas is playing good defense right now, I think he can put up solid numbers.  The only problem with Hasselbeck is that Alexander is a TD machine.  Without DJax around to score from outside the Red Zone, the TDs have been a little harder to come by.

On the other hand, the Redskins like to throw in the Red Zone, so that makes it tough to pass up on Brunell when he has a good matchup, especially since my league awards 6 points for passing TDs.

1088722[/snapback]

I have Brunell in too, but may chicken out by noon Sunday. :D

Brunell has always been a good QB who played in systems that emphasized defense and rushing.  He's on a hot streak now, but who knows.  The guy's 35 and was absolutely horrible last year.  I wouldn't bet on him playing this way for the remainder of the season.

1089751[/snapback]

But ride that hoss as far as it'll take ya. :D

This is Brunell's remaining schedule and the team's pass defense ranking:

SF - 32nd

@NYG - 31st

PHI - 18th

@TB - 4th

OAK - 28th

SD - 27th

@StL - 29th

@ARZ - 12th

DAL - 13th

NYG - 31st

@PHI - 18th

With the exception of Tampa Bay, Brunell has a very easy passing schedule remaining. It looks like he has a good chance to keep up this production for the rest of the season. Good news for me! :D