[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If (when) Owens is cut, where would he end up?

DMD

There is a chance that Owens is released by the Eagles this year or that he is "Keyshawned" or he is suspended up to 4 games or even other options that include him playing. But next year, no question, he is gone. Where will he end up?

He will want monster money for a player that will be 32 years old and has a history of nagging injuries though undeniably is one of the most talented WR in the game. Someone will cough up the money for him, but who is willing to delude themselves that it will be a good thing?

He will want to go somewhere that has a top QB but he has already whined about Garcia and McNabb - both probowl QBs.

I just cannot image what team would want him, could afford him and yet would seem like a good match for the leagues biggest prima donna...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minn, as he'll be the "Moss" replacement.

1124969[/snapback]

Oh yeah, the team that is perhaps the most tired of "player problems" is going to get Owens. Riiiiggghhhh.... :D

I was going to say the same thing;

I think the Raiders will trade their defense for him and they will just play offense. Whoever has the ball last wins.

1124993[/snapback]

I bet my brother $50 this morning that Owens surfaces in Oakland in the next two years, i'd say i have better than 50% odds. :D

T.O.'s pretty much screwed now. He'll be released by the Eagles and will only get a fraction of what he thinks he worth. Ironically, he'll have nobody to blame but himself.

Unlike Keyshawn, there will be no Bill Parcells waiting with open arms. I have no idea who'll want him at this point. The bad-character refuge known as Oakland already has Moss. Maybe Holmgren will be willing to play tough-love with him in Seattle, but I doubt it. Schottenheimer won't want him in SD. The Chiefs or Texans might be possibilities at the right price.

R.I.P.

T.O.'s Career

1996-2005

:D

Moss and Owens can't share enough.  Whoever is #2 will bi@%h.

1125003[/snapback]

Exactly - no way those two would be happy together. No way. Plus Collins remains JUST KERRY COLLINS...

Owens wants to be the focus of the universe. That means a bad team with no other weapons but somehow a great QB for him.

Exactly - no way those two would be happy together. No way. Plus Collins remains JUST KERRY COLLINS...

Owens wants to be the focus of the universe. That means a bad team with no other weapons but somehow a great QB for him.

1125007[/snapback]

Back to SF to find out if Smith's an NFL QB?? :D Sorry, couldn't resisit

Could there be anything funnier to watch than Owens as a Falcon with all-world passer Michael Vick overthrowing or underthrowing him every pass? Man... that would be worth watching...

1125007[/snapback]

Well geez, you put it that way, he has so many options. He might as well go to the Lions.... :D:D

Could there be anything funnier to watch than Owens as a Falcon with all-world passer Michael Vick overthrowing or underthrowing him every pass? Man... that would be worth watching...

1125017[/snapback]

And listening to the Vick apologists and the TO apologists argue about whose fault it is as the two players slap the living crap out of each other on the sideline? Yep -- might be worth the price of admission.

Have to imagine there's NO WAY he ends up in the NFC East. Besides the fact that the Eagles will not want to play him twice a year, what hard-nosed, old-school coach would take him and put up with that junk?? Coughlin? Nope. Gibbs. No way. See Arrington, Lavar if you don't believe me. Parcells? Nope. I'd put it at 100-1 him going to an NFC East team.

1125017[/snapback]

Yeah, and for the first time in his life, Owens would jump all over Knapp again(everybody remember that..I believe vs the Lions, when he was still a 49'er. He had a major tantrum directed twoard Knapp((I believe this is Atlanta OC name)).) for having Vick throwm him the ball.Peace PD.