[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If (when) Owens is cut, where would he end up?

DMD

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it will be Oakland… it’s where all the “bad boys” go. Oakland is about the only place where TO would be embraced immediately. They’d probably put in a heavy clause in the contract to keep his mount shut, but by now you’d have to assume he’s learned a lesson that hits the pocketbook… maybe not. As an admitted Raider-hater, it’s where all the dregs like Romanowski wind up.

1125493[/snapback]

NO WAY! No way Moss would put up with it, and no way Owens would be 2nd behind anyone. And lets face it, Moss would be the #1, he is much more dangerous, SO MUCH more upside, and that's saying alot. Moss would up his game just because T.O. would be on the field. Even if T.O. could be the #1, no way Moss would be #2 to anybody...

edit:

not to mention they couldn't afford a plane ticket for Owens out there, as much money as they've got wrapped up in their offense. Sure, Owens aint gonna get "Owens" type money anywhere he goes, he's still worth MILLIONS per year.

Edited by LooGie

I see him going to either Oakland or the Giants.

1125696[/snapback]

NYG? w/ Plax? AND COUGHLIN? :D oh man.

you guys are nuts...just completely nuts.

(the sal cap will probably get re-negotiated and upped next year by $15-20mil and there still wouldn't be enough for OAK to have 2 of the highest paid WR's in the NFL on their team. Now, if the sal cap goes bye-bye :D)

Well, let's cover 'em all:

NFC East - no need to break it down; as previously mentioned, NONE of the old school coaches there would put up with his guff

NFC North - can't see Lovie Smith or Ted Thompson wanting that headache (caveat: Bears GM Jerry Angelo DID trade for Keyshawn IIRC); already burned bridges with Mooch in Det, Vikes owner is cheap and already in PR trouble

NFC South - Carolina? Nope. Atlanta? Already has issues with the OC. Tampa? Can't see Gruden dealing with him, though he was able to work with Watters in Philly. Saints might be desperate enough to do it but don't really have a big need at WR.

NFC West - SF? Riiiiiiiight. Seattle? I don't think so. Rams? Don't know enough about Vitt; can't see a need with Holt, Curtis, and McDonald there, though. Arizona? Green may take a chance, but he's already got two very good WRs in Fitz and Boldin who give him NO headaches.

AFC East - NE? :D Miami? See NE. Buf? :D ...not familiar enough with the situation there. NYJ? Can't see Marvin Lewis endorsing that move.

AFC North - Pitt, Cin, Cle - all guys who preach discipline and team, and no need in Cinci with CJ. TO already pissed off Baltimore GM Ozzie Newsome.

AFC South - Indy? Nope. Ten? TO and Fisher, yeah, that'd work :D Jax, Hou - Maybe.

AFC West - Den, KC, SD - I don't think so. Oak has been discussed already, I agree Al Davis would roll the dice.

So my list is New Orleans, Houston, Jacksonville, and Oakland being willing to maybe roll the dice, with Buffalo and Tampa on a slightly longer list maybe. But Saints, Oak, Buf, and TB already have solid-to-very good WR corps, so that further limits TO's options.

And aside from there being a limited market for his skills, he's all but deep-sixed his chances of getting one last fat contract with his behavior; Rush Limbaugh said he's "costing himself a bazillion dollars" and will most likely only get short-term offers with little up-front money and behavior clauses up the wazoo.

Someone will sign him, but it'll be fun this offseason to have to watch TO take the equally unpalatable options of sitting out '06 (and maybe beyond) or choking on a contract he finds utterly unsatisfactory.

The Chiefs or Texans might be possibilities at the right price.

1125002[/snapback]

I like the call on the Texans. I'm thinking that Capers will get canned and they'l hire Mike Martz to replace him. Martz will bring his same offense over from the Rams. I'm willing to bet that they'll revamp their o-line and possibly take Leinhart or trade for Rivers or Brees. TO would fit in fine with Martz and Martz would be dumb enough to pay him top dollar. You'd have DD, AJ and TO on one high powered offense.

Why would the Bengals Head Coach have to endorse TO coming to the Jets?

1130961[/snapback]

Mea culpa - tell ya what, I totally blanked on what the name of the Eagles D-back, "Miracle in the Meadowlands" fumble-returning, former Tampa assistant who coaches the Jets was.

But if it makes you feel better, I do know a bit about him. :D

I mean I would give about 10 teams the = shot of going after him, but do you think TO might WANT to end up in the nfc east to humiliate the eagles twice a year? I know someone said something about parcells whipping him into shape, so I could see a scenario where he has some insane clauses in his contract that when he does misbehave he is dumped free of charge to the team. I also then see him just going somewhere for money and not giving a dayum so I'm going to guess.....I don't know KC? He and tony G could go shoot hoops in the offseason. lol

I was going to say the same thing;

I think the Raiders will trade their defense for him and they will just play offense. Whoever has the ball last wins.

1124993[/snapback]

They will need to get a new coach if they try that. Norv doesn't even know how to use Moss right now. It would be interesting to see Martz, Moss and Owens team up. That would be a fantasy money tree.

They will need to get a new coach if they try that.  Norv doesn't even know how to use Moss right now.  It would be interesting to see Martz, Moss and Owens team up.  That would be a fantasy money tree.

1131018[/snapback]

Thank you, you finally changed your avy.

And lets face it, Moss would be the #1, he is much more dangerous, SO MUCH more upside, and that's saying alot. Moss would up his game just because T.O. would be on the field. Even if T.O. could be the #1, no way Moss would be #2 to anybody...

1128910[/snapback]

I don't agree with this assesment at all. How does Moss have so much more upside other than age? Really, they would compliment each other perfectly since Moss is a better deep threat while Owens will go over the middle (unlike Moss). If the defense wants to eliminate the big, deep play, Owens will have a field day.

If Moss ever decides to man up and start playing more like TO, then I'd agree that he would be a more complete WR, but I don't see that happening.

he ends up a PATRIOT and becomes a model citizen  :D

Recovering stroke victim and World's Greatest Human Tedy Bruschi would see to that! :D

The people saying Oakland are nuts, IMO. As long as Moss is there, TO wont be. Those two could never co-exist. :D

Thing about Owens is he will behave when he feels it will benefit him. Look at when he first showed up in Philly. Said and did all the right things and buddied up to McNabb. Now, though, its pretty clear he wants out of there and has set out to accomplish that. I think amidst all the insanity he has an agenda and some sort of plan(its too outlandish(even for him) to not be part of a scheme). Whether or not he has gone too far for that to work remains to be seen. Bottom line, like him or hate him, he is a special talent and he knows teams will always be interested in him because of that. Owners/GMs desire to win and overall greed dictate that a troublemaker with all-world talent is worth the risk. I can see him sweet talking someone into a lucrative contract for next year.