[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If (when) Owens is cut, where would he end up?

DMD

excellent use of the word "guff" here. haven't really seen or heard this word used in quite some time and i applaud you for it. You, sir, have been watching a lot of old Buggs Bunny cartoons or Leave It To Beaver on Nick-At-Night.

1131807[/snapback]

One of the more famous Hunter S Thompson :D:D quotes (at least in my circle of friends) was "Don't take any guff from those swine!"

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a chance that Owens is released by the Eagles this year or that he is "Keyshawned" or he is suspended up to 4 games or even other options that include him playing. But next year, no question, he is gone. Where will he end up?

He will want monster money for a player that will be 32 years old and has a history of nagging injuries though undeniably is one of the most talented WR in the game. Someone will cough up the money for him, but who is willing to delude themselves that it will be a good thing?

He will want to go somewhere that has a top QB but he has already whined about Garcia and McNabb - both probowl QBs.

I just cannot image what team would want him, could afford him and yet would seem like a good match for the leagues biggest prima donna...

1124964[/snapback]

Im sure this is exactly what Drew Rosenhaus envisioned when he signed TO. :D But seriously, if TO just played this season and kept his mouth shut, he would have gotten a huge $35 million extension picked up. Rosenhaus wouldnt have seen a penny of that, so he tries to renegotiate.

Well, now he gets to make a new deal for a client that is tainted goods. Drew wont get top dollar, but he still makes a nice fee. Im not sure that the plan wasnt to engineer a trade to a team that would agree to a new contract. Doubt he envisioned this, but Drew's endgame was probably to get him out of Philly so he could make a new deal.

The whole thing might hurt Drew a bit with other clients though that might be wary of his "advice".

I don't agree with this assesment at all.  How does Moss have so much more upside other than age?  Really, they would compliment each other perfectly since Moss is a better deep threat while Owens will go over the middle (unlike Moss).  If the defense wants to eliminate the big, deep play, Owens will have a field day. 

If Moss ever decides to man up and start playing more like TO, then I'd agree that he would be a more complete WR, but I don't see that happening.

1131040[/snapback]

I have to agree with Moss being a one dimensional dood, but his 1 dimension is so much more than TO's deep threat. I believe just having TO on the field would make Moss very edgy and he'd up his game play to still be considered the best in the NFL. But if Owens would only be an over the middle guy, you could grab any schlep with a decent game and A. not have to pay all that money B. not have to pay T.O. ALL THAT MONEY! You could watch the sideshow from afar :D

Moss makes catches that no way T.O. could even think of making. Moss is a freak. Freakish athleticism is the only way to describe him. T.O. is just a sensational football player. Which isn't that special anymore. (LT2, Gates, Shaun Alexander, S. Smith, Peyton, Eli, Rothlisomething) , sensational football players are pretty common now adays, but A FREAK? not too many. thoughts?

Recovering stroke victim and World's Greatest Human Tedy Bruschi would see to that!  :D

The people saying Oakland are nuts, IMO. As long as Moss is there, TO wont be. Those two could never co-exist. :D

Thing about Owens is he will behave when he feels it will benefit him. Look at when he first showed up in Philly. Said and did all the right things and buddied up to McNabb. Now, though, its pretty clear he wants out of there and has set out to accomplish that. I think amidst all the insanity he has an agenda and some sort of plan(its too outlandish(even for him) to not be part of a scheme). Whether or not he has gone too far for that to work remains to be seen. Bottom line, like him or hate him, he is a special talent and he knows teams will always be interested in him because of that. Owners/GMs desire to win and overall greed dictate that a troublemaker with all-world talent is worth the risk. I can see him sweet talking someone into a lucrative contract for next year.

1131550[/snapback]

nah, if he had some hidden agenda, it'd be more straight forward. (you know, coming to practice w/ a shirt that says 'F Andy Reid' or 'Mcnabbs ass EATS LIKE A MEAL'

all he did was mouth off about them not acknowledging his 100th TD reception. He also said they'd be doing better w/ a hall of famer QB (and probably the greatest that ever played in the NFL) throwing the passes, instead of broke-ass McNugget. I'd agree w/ that statement. Hell, I'm sure both Andy and McFatfuc agree with it also.

Edited by LooGie

:D  Why wouldn't there be a Bill Parcells waiting with open arms?  He seems to be able to handle the Meshawns and Terri's of the league.  That offense would be lethal with TO, Bledsoe can sling the ball well enough, and he's be the uncontested #1.

:D  You know...Dallas has had it;s share of other problem children as well.

:D  I think that might just fit...

1131779[/snapback]

no no no. crack smokin going on. Parcells would simply end T.O. Actually no he wouldn't, he wouldn't even attempt it. If T.O. went to the girls, and started his crap there...Parcells would be rediculed right out of the organization. Of course if T.O. didn't start his crap, Parcells would be a genious and a god, but I don't think Parcells is up to that challenge.

God looks at T.O. and thinks "And I thought I fuc-ked up when I made the platypus..."

Edited by LooGie

I don't remember Meshawn or Terri being nearly as horrible a teammate as T.O. has been.  Parcells will never take him.

1131859[/snapback]

No kidding, and could you imagine all that ego trying to co-exist? Not to mention he'd be the #1 and they'd all know it. That's a recipe for something nasty!

Gary Meyers in today's NY Daily News makes a case that the Jets should go after TO. He thinks Herm is the kind of coach that can handle TO and the Jets obviously need receivers.

He's probably right - they have nothing to lose and need an impact offensive player. The entertainment value alone would be worth it. Imagine TO coming back to the huddle after outrunning one of Chad Pennington's "long balls" by 30 yards. :D