[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wine of the week

Bier Meister

how do want to do it?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. how do want to do it?

• 1. varietal (grape)
    • 2. country
    • 3. region

guys,

would like to have some type of order for alternatives if i/we can't find one or both wines............ suggestions????

1275212[/snapback]

i'll have both, as well as a possum something-or-other shiraz, if you wanna come down :D looks like weather may be prohibitive though...

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll have both, as well as a possum something-or-other shiraz, if you wanna come down :D  looks like weather may be prohibitive though...

1275235[/snapback]

i was going to come down, but will be going to the game on sunday (don't want to do it twice).... plus mrs has some alumni function so i have dog duty...... and we are getting a ton of snow.

you are always welcome to come up here, bu that hasn't work out too well for you :D

one of these weeks i will come to your neck of the woods. i am off next thurs and sat.

the other time my car got stuck, and i got pulled over in frisco (though the cop didnt give me a ticket).  bad mojo, i tell ya.

1275265[/snapback]

crap! i didn't know that! the cops prowl around here..... always looking for additional county revenue

The Mrs and I may join in.  I have been wanting to do this, but it has never worked out schedule wise.  What exactly goes on?  Also we may have trouble getting the specific wine, I concur with Bier what would be a good alt.

1275216[/snapback]

Mostly we go to the chat room and then talk about tasting wine. People describe what they are getting from the wine. I normally give some completely off-base description which other people ignore. Then as soon as somebody who knows what he is doing describes the wine I immediately agree with them that I am also getting the same thing from the wine. We spend about 15-20 minutes on the first wine and then another 15 minutes or so on the second wine. Then we just hang out drinking wine and making inane comments until people start to leave.

All in all, it's like drinking with friends. :D

ok.... we have quite a bit of new snow and i am finally awake....gonna go take advantage.

so will look for the selected wines, then:

possom thingie

rosemont

footbolt

jacob's creek

1275337[/snapback]

FYI: The Little Penguin was a Wine Spectator "wine of the week" once (and a "best buy")

I'll have to try to make it next time guys.  I forgot we moved our poker night from Monday to Thursday.  It seemed like a long time since I played poker.

1276421[/snapback]

see.... with poker you win some and lose some...when you drink wine you always win :D

hope to see you with us soon

Usual time (10:00 EST) in the chat-room (aka, "the pub").

I will post the exact wines that we will be drinking later today.  (I'll stop by a wine store or two on my way home and see what looks good.)

Current wines under consideration are:

Rosemount Shiraz

d'Arenberg Footbolt Shiraz

Greg Norman Estates Limestone Coast Shiraz 2003

McGuigin Shiraz

Jacob's Creek Shiraz

The Wishing Tree Shiraz 2004

(final selection will depend upon prices and expected availability)

Edit to add:  Final Selections have been bolded (please note the vintage on the Greg Norman)

1273818[/snapback]

I'll have the Greg Norman, Wishing Tree, and 03 Rosemount for tonight.

I went to a place by my house that has a large selection, but I found no Wishing Tree and only the 2001 Norman, I will have to go out again after I make sure the kids eat. If I can't find either I will pick up the Rosemount. I have a bottle of Fat Croc Australian shiraz that I picked up for around $6. The little card next to it said it was rated an 84 which I have no idea what that means but I think in this thread or another someone referred to a wine that was rated an 86 and made it sound like that was good :D