[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

E-A-G-L-E-S--GOATS?!?!?!

Hugh-mongus

Well, three NFC Champioship games up and three NFC Championship games down. I thought the third time would be the charm, but apparently I was wrong. Once again, the team didn't come to play when it counted and stunk up the joint. Given how poorly they played and the fact that they turned the ball over 4 times to 0, I honestly can't believe the game was as close as it was. The game was actually mathematically still within reach with 4 minutes to play (though I had little hope of a repeat of GB).

Hats off to the Panthers. They came to play and are thus headed to the Bowl. The Eagles have had three opportunities now and have yet to look prepared in the big game. It's quite disheartening, especially since I think the window of opportunity may be closing fast and a rebuilding period may be around the corner. We will be losing some key players through free agency this offseason and the future of this team is somewhat in question right now.

And lastly...Man we need receivers!!! Trash and Stinkston are pitiful!!!

They were lucky to beat Green Bay. Green Bay gave the game to Philadelphia. Carolina wasn't as generous as Green Bay.

McNabb looked like he was trying to prove Rush right.

OK, I know the Eagles sucked as a team yesterday. I will not deny that, but I do have to say one thing. Back off of McNabb! Not sure if you actually watched the game or just looked at his post-game stats, but if you didn't see, he was injured on a hit during the late-first/early-second quarter. I think the injury was officially torn cartilage in his ribs. He tried to play through it, but was unable to in the end. By the end of the game he could hardly even stand up on his own. I've had just bruised ribs and know how painful they are. I can't imagine trying to play quarterback in an NFL game with torn rib cartilage, especially with some of the hits that were being put on him. After that injury, he wasn't the same QB and I knew we were in trouble.

Do you think Reid's in trouble, or are they going to make a run at someone like T.O. and finally give McNabb some actual human WRs to throw to (as opposed to, say, mannequins with "Thrash" and "Pinkston" on their backs), to see what he can really do with some weapons...and THEN, if they still can't win the big one, can Reid's ass?

"Green Bay game is a dead horse. I'm not going there"

McNabb didn't look particularily impressive at any time during the playoffs. I'm not surprised you don't want to revisit the other games. At least with yesterday's game you can use the excuse that he was injured, in the other games he had no excuse.

Sarge:

"Green Bay game is a dead horse.  I'm not going there"

McNabb didn't look particularily impressive at any time during the playoffs.  I'm not surprised you don't want to revisit the other games.  At least with yesterday's game you can use the excuse that he was injured, in the other games he had no excuse.

OK...McNabb sucks. Happy now?

msaint:

Do you think Reid's in trouble, or are they going to make a run at someone like T.O. and finally give McNabb some actual human WRs to throw to (as opposed to, say, mannequins with "Thrash" and "Pinkston" on their backs), to see what he can really do with some weapons...and THEN, if they still can't win the big one, can Reid's ass?

Given what he has done with the team over the last four seasons (minus Superbowls, of course), I would have to say that Reid's job is safe for now. Unfortunately, given comments Reid has made in the past about not needing a top-rated receiver with this offense, I would be very surprised if they go after TO. He did look very displeased after the game last night when asked about the receivers, however, even though he took the blame on his shoulders as he always does. Maybe they'll surprise us in the offseason.

Sarge:

They were lucky to beat Green Bay.  Green Bay gave the game to Philadelphia.

I notice you frequently refer to Green Bay, while at the same time referring to the Eagles being lucky.

Might I remind you how Green Bay got into the playoffs?

Sarge:

So McNabb was injured yesterday.  Aside from one pass to Freddie Mitchell the week before how did he look against Green Bay?

Mcnabb did rush for 100+ yards in that game am I right? He also avoided some sacks that 95% of the other QBs in the league wouldn't have been able to do and one of those plays he hit Pinkston in the endzone for a TD. Did he have a great game? No, but he didn't make just one play either. McNabb had a horrible game yesterday. But the O-line giving up 12-13 sacks in two playoff games and your 3 top WRs combining for 5 catches yesterday didn't help McNabb. McNabb didn't lose that game. He had a bad game but he got no help from anyone other then Staley. Get some weapons around him and I think he will light it up.

I agree with Hugh that people need to back off of McNabb. The guy has absolutely no help out there. The receivers didn't look like they wanted anything to do with McNabb out there. It was as if they had something against Donovan and decided to make him look like the one to lose the game for them. I will be very surprised if the Eagles don't go after some sort of big name WR in the offseason. Of course, they also will most likely lose 2 DB's and Staley next year.

The Next Generation:

F'n Cowboy fans act like their team is good or something.    lol      brow

Eagles will have a better record than them next year, too. Bank on it!

The difference is when Dallas is good, they win Super Bowls. Philly had their run and are now done. They'll probably finish behind the Redskins next year. lol

Hugh-mongus:

Unfortunately, given comments Reid has made in the past about not needing a top-rated receiver with this offense, I would be very surprised if they go after TO.

The Eagles don't need a top-rated receiver like TO (although it would help), they just need one that will hang on to the ball. Any possesion type receiver would help. In my opinion that was the biggest problem in the Carolina game. The receivers dropped everything thrown at them.

thumbs_u I have to agree with TimC about the Cowboys. Eagles fans always look for an excuse when they lose. They need to look at their own team and realize they are lacking some talent at skill positions. When the Cowboys were good they were real good and are only getting better.

T_bone65:

thumbs_u I have to agree with TimC about the Cowboys. Eagles fans always look for an excuse when they lose. They need to look at their own team and realize they are lacking some talent at skill positions. When the Cowboys were good they were real good and are only getting better.

Dude, have you even read any of our posts? What Eagles fans are looking for an excuse? Check my original post out. Any excuses? Most every post by an Eagles fan since that game has basically said that the Eagles stunk up the joint and were outplayed by the Panthers. And regarding the need for some talent at skill positions, do you recall this quote? And lastly...Man we need receivers!!! Trash and Stinkston are pitiful!!!

Get a clue!

All I have to say about the Eagles is this: three years in a row, their biggest offseason need has been a true #1 WR. Three years in a row, they have completely failed to bring one in. NOw, I understand that they had other needs, too--but how long will you deprive McNabb of a reliable target? How long are you going to keep throwing him out there to face blitzes when none of his targets can get open?

McNabb can't be an offense by himself, not if they're going to get to the Super Bowl.

Peace

policy

blips:

The Eagles don't need a top-rated receiver like TO (although it would help), they just need one that will hang on to the ball.  Any possesion type receiver would help.  In my opinion that was the biggest problem in the Carolina game.  The receivers dropped everything thrown at them.

Are you kidding me? Thrash and Pinkston CAN'T break coverage. At all. McNabb has no open receivers to throw to. And then, if the CB slips, they drop the ball (like you mentioned).