[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl

matykus

Which week does your league have the SB?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which week does your league have the SB?

• Week 16
    • Week 17
    • other

SB in week 16 in almost all the leagues I'm in! Having the SB in week 17 is a disaster. Too many players sit that week!!!

Edited by Chargerz

We play H2H in my local to the bitter end, although the final week is 1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th, etc.

I tried to get this changed for this season, but the league, which I commish, voted in favor of keeping it the same. They liked the challenge of "who will play, who will rest" being part of our league.

I think that 10 out 12 leagues I play in have a week 16 SB. I know that I fought very hard in two of my leagues over the offseason to get them changed to week 16. I hate week 17 SBs. Too many players are being held out games because teams have already locked home field advantage. It really sucks to dominate all year just to see your studs sit on the bench when you are in a SB.

I think that 10 out 12 leagues I play in have a week 16 SB.  I know that I fought very hard in two of my leagues over the offseason to get them changed to week 16.  I hate week 17 SBs.  Too many players are being held out games because teams have already locked home field advantage.  It really sucks to dominate all year just to see your studs sit on the bench when you are in a SB.

1229695[/snapback]

In our league, the reason it didn't get shortened by the majority of owners was the added "challenge" that Week 17 gave you.

I read it as more of a "Okay, your studs got you here, now I may have a better chance for an upset win the last two weeks if they are resting".

I'll be pushing the move to Week 16 again next season...with the same results most likely.

Edited by Gunther

We have ours Week 17. Personally, I do not like it. I am the Commish and have proposed moving it to week 16 several times, but the owners want to keep it at 17. "Everyone else has had to win the Super Bowl that way, we can't change it now". BS.....it will not change the integrity of the previous championships, only make the future Super Bowls more competitive and similar to regular season lineups.

I'll try again this year.