[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S. Jackson update

pedroz13

"Bill Coats of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Rams RB Steven Jackson (hip) is a game-time decision after sitting out team drills all week. Coats adds that "unless the soreness in Jackson's hip eases in the next 24 hours or so, RB Marshall Faulk figures to have another busy afternoon." Jackson answered questions about his hip injury before leaving the team facility Thursday afternoon. "I'm feeling a little better, taking it day to day," Jackson said. "I'm not a doctor. I'm not a miracle worker. I do intend on trying to help my team in pursuing another win. But I've got to make sure everything's OK." "

Doesn't sound great.

That was reported yesterday. Jackson returned to practice today and he has been listed as probable all week.

More important here is that this is likely the final home game for Marshall Faulk and I bet they allow him to have more playing time anyway.

That was reported yesterday. Jackson returned to practice today and he has been listed as probable all week.

More important here is that this is likely the final home game for Marshall Faulk and I bet they allow him to have more playing time anyway.

1233846[/snapback]

Are you speculating about Faulk getting more time or have you heard rumblings? I really gotta decide between Jackson and Bell or dropping one of these two and grabbing Gore before its too late.

And I posted this in advice thread so not looking here - but would listen anyway. :D

The speculation is that Faulk will retire, thus this would be his last home game.

I think DMD may be right on the money with this one. One last hurrah for Faulk.

I find myself in desperate straits in one of my leagues and have just about convinced myself to stick him in there and hope the knee holds up for one more game!!

Nothing more crushing for a fantasy opponent than pulling that week 16 jewel out of a hat. :D

See, here is where I disagree. I think Vitt will do what it takes to get/keep his job.  If Jackson starts out hot, my guess is he stays in.  I also doubt Faulk is the kind of guy who requires the accolades.

1234069[/snapback]

No, Faulk has never required accolades. However if there is a player who deserves it he does. Say what you want about the greatest show on turf, but the engine that kept it running was Faulk.

I am in no way saying Faulk blows up tomorrow, but if Jackson is limited and Faulk can get the job done (a seemingly likely possibility) then Faulk should see plenty of action and could well surprise.

Vitt knows for a fact he has no future in St. Louis. Martz's agent is negotiating a buyout of the final year of his contract and he will be gone - and Vitt with him. What Vitt is coaching for is not looking like an idiot to anyone that might hire him next year as a coordinator.

That said, MArshall ran well last week and regardless of the health of Jackson, Marshall will get some of the work. There is also a possibility that Vitt will only run the ball 12-15 times killing the value of both of them.

Honestly, I'd stay very far away from the Rams running game if you have the luxury.

I found this on the Fox Sports website. It was posted 6 hours ago:

St. Louis RB Steven Jackson is not expected to play because of a knee injury, according to the Czar. Instead, Marshall Faulk will be in the backfield.

Verdict: Faulk is one of the top sleepers this week. San Francisco has one of the league's ninth-worst run defenses and has allowed the third-most rushing touchdowns (17).

From KFFL.com, I still need to know if Jackson is inactive.

Rams | M. Faulk to get the start?

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 06:59:36 -0800

According to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki, St. Louis Rams RB Marshall Faulk is expected to start the team's Week 16 game in place of injured RB Steven Jackson (hip pointer).