[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S. Jackson update

pedroz13

just noticed my opponent in the semi's still has Jax in his lineup

1234834[/snapback]

Merry Christmas? :D

Rotoworld said this morning that Faulk is expected to start and that Jackson is NOT expected to play.

FoxSports.com's John Czarnecki reports Steven Jackson won't play against the 49ers.

The Czar writes, "Jamie Martin will have Marshall Faulk, not Steven Jackson, in the backfield because of a knee injury." Jackson didn't practice all week despite being listed as probable. We'd wait until pregame for confirmation, but don't expect him to play. Dec. 24 - 10:33 am et

S-Jax

Marshall Faulk is expected to start at running back against the 49ers.

One thing to keep in mind with Faulk: he was so exhausted after getting 19 touches last week that he couldn't finish a close game. So he may not get a full workload. That said, Faulk has been very productive when given the chance this year. The game is on turf versus a poor defense. He's a good replacement for Steven Jackson and a fine flex option Saturday.

Edited by Skrappy1

From the Rams Team website:

Game Notes: Pregame

Saturday, December 24, 2005

By Nick Wagoner

Senior Writer

- Running back Steven Jackson is active and expected to get the start. There was some doubt about his status after he missed practice this week because of a hip pointer. Should Jackson be unable to take the full load, Marshall Faulk will be ready to spell him. You should be able to tell plenty about Jackson's health on the first few carries.

From the Rams Team website:

Game Notes: Pregame

Saturday, December 24, 2005

By Nick Wagoner

Senior Writer

- Running back Steven Jackson is active and expected to get the start. There was some doubt about his status after he missed practice this week because of a hip pointer. Should Jackson be unable to take the full load, Marshall Faulk will be ready to spell him. You should be able to tell plenty about Jackson's health on the first few carries.

1235087[/snapback]

Well crap...I guess I'm going with Moats.

I am going with Moats over Jackson/Faulk.

From Fanball.com

THE NEWS

The Rams are listing both Steven Jackson and Marshall Faulk as starters for this week's game against the Niners. Jackson missed the majority of this week's practices with a knee injury.

Our View

Jackson's status was in jeopardy heading into the weekend and some thought he would even be inactive. Don't be surprised at all if Faulk gets the majority of the work, since it's clear that Jackson is still not 100 percent.

I am going with Moats over Jackson/Faulk. 

1235119[/snapback]

I'm doing the same. I saw you have Gore too, Rotoworld is now saying that Barlow is inactive but Maurice Hicks will get the start for the 49ers and share carries with Gore (I think Gore is banged up too). What a mess.

I'm doing the same. I saw you have Gore too, Rotoworld is now saying that Barlow is inactive but Maurice Hicks will get the start for the 49ers and share carries with Gore (I think Gore is banged up too). What a mess.

1235134[/snapback]

I am starting Moats and Wells in my Super Bowl for $1,200 to the winner. I need a miracle.....

Updating previous reports, CBS SPortsline.com reports that both Marshall Faulk and Steven Jackson will start for the Rams.

Ugh. Gut feeling: Faulk will end up with more touches because Jackson isn't 100%. Because of the matchup, we see Faulk as a decent flex position option. Dec. 24 - 12:33 pm et

Could this situation get any more cloudy? :D

Edit: Oh yeah, that last tidbit was from Rotoworld if anyone needs to check out its authenticity.

Edited by Skrappy1