[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D.Davis has surgery

Career Ender

HOUSTON (AP) -- Houston Texans running back Domanick Davis had arthroscopic knee surgery Wednesday and will miss the season finale at San Francisco.

Davis missed four games, including the last two, with knee inflammation.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Before when he'd had swelling in there, it would go down when you gave him rest and time off of it," coach Dom Capers said. "But the swelling hadn't left."

Davis will fall short of 1,000 rushing yards for the first time in his three-year career. He has 976 yards after running for more than 100 yards his last two outings.

Replacement Jonathan Wells, who has 173 yards and two touchdowns in the last two games, also is nursing an injury. Wells has a bruised thigh and did not practice Wednesday.

If Wells can't play, rookie Vernand Morency will likely get his first career start Sunday against the 49ers.

Free safety Jammal Lord was elevated from the practice squad to take Davis' roster spot.

Umm, anyone still think the Texans don't need Bush?

1240390[/snapback]

That notion has puzzled me for awhile.

You can't pass on a special talent like Bush because

you have a nice back that can't stay healthy anyway.

And I don't get the idea that they would keep Davis after

drafting Bush. They should trade Davis (probably would only get maybe a 3rd rnd pick due to his injuries and the crowded RB market) and keep Wells around who is pretty much a perfect backup RB (productive/reliable when called upon).

This from a DD lover all season?  I think you've finally seen the light.

1240393[/snapback]

It was a joke. I still think Davis is EXTREMELY talented, but, you can't argue that he is injury prone. I still think the Texans either trade the pick or take Bush and trade Davis, if the situation arises.

Nah, they'll keep Davis around until Bush demonstrates he can be an every down back. It won't take long. Having them split carries will be good for both of their health. It just won't be as good for fantasy owners. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

HOUSTON (AP) -- Houston Texans running back Domanick Davis had arthroscopic knee surgery Wednesday and will miss the season finale at San Francisco.

Davis missed four games, including the last two, with knee inflammation.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Before when he'd had swelling in there, it would go down when you gave him rest and time off of it," coach Dom Capers said. "But the swelling hadn't left."

Davis will fall short of 1,000 rushing yards for the first time in his three-year career. He has 976 yards after running for more than 100 yards his last two outings.

Replacement Jonathan Wells, who has 173 yards and two touchdowns in the last two games, also is nursing an injury. Wells has a bruised thigh and did not practice Wednesday.

If Wells can't play, rookie Vernand Morency will likely get his first career start Sunday against the 49ers.

Free safety Jammal Lord was elevated from the practice squad to take Davis' roster spot.

1240380[/snapback]

ouch..he won't be the same..they never are..

I think Marshall had it done when he was a Colt. I know he did when he was going nuts for the Rams.

Boldin had it done a couple years ago. Darrell Jackson had it done this year, and returned a couple weeks ago.

Arthroscopic surgery isn't as big a deal as a torn tendon. Even with torn ACL's guys are coming back quite strong. Edgerrin James, Jamal Lewis, Jerry Rice, and Willis McGahee. Priest Holmes and Reggie Wayne tore their ACL's in college.

Edited by CaptainHook