[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it time to trade Larry Johnson now?

patsfan22

OK, I got laughed at for taking Johnson in the fifth round of my Dynasty draft, but it ended up working out pretty good. Next year I have the first pick (Reggie, I assume), and started to wonder

Is now the time to trade Johnson? What could I get got him? I bet I could get three picks and a player out of somebody next year for him

or do you have to trade him for a stud? I know Roaf and some of his homeboys are going to be gone next year, and this might be the most exspensive trade I could ever get someone to agree to?

It depends on what you can get in return for him.

1240765[/snapback]

Who else would you rather have? :D

Jennifer Garner comes to mind, but beyond THAT aspect of "fantasy" football, and figuring LT2 and SAlex are unattainable ... unload him if you can get Rudi, Gates, and Boldin in retrun.

If this is a dynasty league, you might want to look beyond 2006. Johnson may well be the NFL top RB for the next four or five years, even if 2006 does prove to be a down year because of the O-Line and the possibility of Priest vulturing for one more year.

I wouldn't say it's "time" to trade LJ. He is likely just starting out on an excellent 3-4 year run, even accounting for unknowns like the offensive line. However, it's healthy to treat every player as available for the right price. It's just in the case of LJ, that would have to be an awfully high price.

I wouldn't trade him on the assumption that you will draft Reggie Bush and that Bush will replace LJ's value next year. You were not saying exactly that, but I want to make sure that is not the case.

OK, I got laughed at for taking Johnson in the fifth round of my Dynasty draft, but it ended up working out pretty good.  Next year I have the first pick (Reggie, I assume), and started to wonder

Is now the time to trade Johnson?  What could I get got him?  I bet I could get three picks and a player out of somebody next year for him

or do you have to trade him for a stud?  I know Roaf and some of his homeboys are going to be gone next year, and this might be the most exspensive trade I could ever get someone to agree to?

1240754[/snapback]

If you can get the #2 pick in the draft go for it, but other than that i wouldn't do it unless the oline breaks up.. Even at that you may pick LJ #1.

Look at what he did to the #1 defense last week. He runs like terrorists are holding his family, he runs angry.