[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about HAG

soopanuts

oh im not afraid its like taken candy form a baby bumble....... easy if u have a big club  :D

1258521[/snapback]

:D

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 leagues I think is enough!

What happens when you have 6 Primetimers, 4 gen lost, and 5 nvn's all moving out at once and HAG atory only has 3 openings.  Then what?  you still have the problem here that innauguaral members are getting screwed by this whole wait list thing.

:D  I say again...no wait list except for HAG members that are between leagues.  Then when there is an opening that a current member doesn't fill in any one of the sub leagues you fill it by either inviting someone personally or making an announcement on the boards.

1258518[/snapback]

Then you expand and have another league ...

Well HAG definately isn't a democracy.

1258529[/snapback]

If that is what everyone on a waiting list wants to do, have at it. No offense to the current wait listers, but you snooze you lose. I sure know I have been a day late on many league opening announcements..and I assure you I haven't been put on any wait list!

I think HAG is like any other BOTH league. People come on these boards much as I did years ago and want to get involved in one. When there comes an announcement to get into one it's not by waiting list priority (in most cases), it's by people checking out the league, the rules, the cost etc. and then usually it's first come first serve (or by a league selection process).

1258529[/snapback]

We can't keep adding leagues, The Battle Royale would be insane.

Hag is a great idea with a small glitch, if it can't be fixed then HagII is the most likely evoluton.

I thought he meant a 6th and so on.... I think HAGII is the way to go, if we can't iron this out.

It needs to be addressed, here not by just the Powers that be!

A league vote, I vote yes to the 5th league.

1258465[/snapback]

NSab,

No offense meant to you individually, but we are not at this time planning on opening up league votes on issues. Everything (and I mean everything) you guys bring up in the forums is discussed. We generally want happy league members and will try consider everything and listen to all ideas. But we just aren;t going to get into the mess of league wide voting at this time. It's just too complicated and makes for too much mess.

Honestly, I personally appreciate everyone's input. There were those of us in the commish forum that were on both sides of the waiting list issue, and people swung back and forth on it over a long period of time. It's constantly under debate.

I for one am not interested in this league getting into a scenario where since a member decides that an issue needs a league vote that we have to rally and find 48 people to have some kind of a quarum, etc.. This was designed to be a commish run league. That's the way it will be for now.

So are most of you saying that a fifth league in HAG would be 1 too many?

1258584[/snapback]

No, I believe Johnson2K is the one disagreeing.

While a 5th leave does not correct the waiting list issue some of us have, it does offer some level of relief.

If there are 4 leagues ... how is it there are NINE commissioners?  Which league has the extra commissioner? 

Yes ... I understand the need for an odd number ... just curious.

1258548[/snapback]

Skylive5 is a permanent and honorary commish because this whole thing was his idea. He is the extra commish, and the tiebreaking vote.

Honestly, I personally appreciate everyone's input.  There were those of us in the commish forum that were on both sides of the waiting list issue, and people swung back and forth on it over a long period of time.  It's constantly under debate.

1258589[/snapback]

The way I look at is there are a lot of current members that will leave and possibly start up HAGII if current members cannot move to the top of the waiting list when they leave a particular age bracket. If the commishes want this league to run smoothly, just make this the rule and all is fine. I don't see what the HUGH debate is really. Why vote for bottom of the list if you know it will greatly affect the status of many current members?

We can't keep adding leagues, The Battle Royale would be insane.

1258566[/snapback]

No, I believe Johnson2K is the one disagreeing.

While a 5th leave does not correct the waiting list issue some of us have, it does offer some level of relief.

1258593[/snapback]

Sounds like at least Nick also feels the same way.

The way I look at is there are a lot of current members that will leave and possibly start up HAGII if current members cannot move to the top of the waiting list when they leave a particular age bracket.  If the commishes want this league to run smoothly, just make this the rule and all is fine.  I don't see what the HUGH debate is really.  Why vote for bottom of the list if you know it will greatly affect the status of many current members?

1258599[/snapback]

How would you suggest handling a situation where 2 existing teams only have one spot available in the next bracket? What would be fair?

How would you suggest handling a situation where 2 existing teams only have one spot available in the next bracket?  What would be fair?

1258605[/snapback]

Well, since it is an AGE related league you could use the teams actual birthdate...oldest getting the spot OR you could take their existing record and award it to the person with the better record.

Well, since it is an AGE related league you could use the teams actual birthdate...oldest getting the spot OR you could take their existing record and award it to the person with the better record.

1258610[/snapback]

That's a great idea.

Everything (and I mean everything) you guys bring up in the forums is discussed.  We generally want happy league members and will try consider everything and listen to all ideas.

1258589[/snapback]

Maybe I missed the thread or reply, but I've not seen anything where someone has said they like current members going to the bottom of the waitlist. Seems like everyone who's weighed in on the subject is opposed to the new decision.

If you guys are listening to your members and are trying to keep them happy, I don't think it's not being reflected in your decisions.