[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers will beat the Bears

spain

Grossman might not have the numbers so far in his six quarters or whatever, but that isn't the point. Grossman has added confidence to a Bears' offense that was lacking some. Grossman can make that tight throw and convert third down after third down. The play different and they have changed their playcalling. Plus, with even a resemblance of a passing game, Thomas Jones' job will be much, much easier. Jones is probably one of  the most underrated players in the NFL. Give him some props, please.

1263063[/snapback]

brutha, how can you say he can convert 3rd down after 3rd down, after he's played 6 quarters this year, and this is his first time going up against, what i would wager to say, the best secondary in the league. Not to mention, it's the playoffs. He's a rookie. Orton has more experience.

I think it's just incredible how many people are forgetting that and OVERRATTING Grossman. Sure, he sparked the offense, but CAR def can make them look just as flat as the BEARS D can make the CAR offense look. This is playoff football man, and Grossman has no idea what he's in for. The whole team for that matter, don't know what the playoffs are all about...it's a different world, like pre-season vs reg season.

Not to mention that Lovie sits him in week 17 (why, i swear to god I'll never know) when he clearly could use the reps, and not only that, but then CHI loses to MIN..their confidence is down and Grossman is 3 weeks out from playing, and only 2 weeks before, he was warming the bench. :D about it!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call it homerism, but Carolina isn't going to be able to run all over the Bears, which will once again make them one dimensional...and they'll throw to Steve Smith all game again. Keep him out of the end zone, and the most Carolina will put on the board is 9 points.

Can the Bears score at least 10 against Carolina? Yes, they can.

And they will.

Bears will win this game.

1262823[/snapback]

I wish I had the same confidence as you with our Bears. Let's hope you're right.

brutha, how can you say he can convert 3rd down after 3rd down, after he's played 6 quarters this year, and this is his first time going up against, what i would wager to say, the best secondary in the league. Not to mention, it's the playoffs. He's a rookie. Orton has more experience.

I think it's just incredible how many people are forgetting that and OVERRATTING Grossman. Sure, he sparked the offense, but CAR def can make them look just as flat as the BEARS D can make the CAR offense look.  This is playoff football man, and Grossman has no idea what he's in for. The whole team for that matter, don't know what the playoffs are all about...it's a different world, like pre-season vs reg season.

Not to mention that Lovie sits him in week 17 (why, i swear to god I'll never know) when he clearly could use the reps, and not only that, but then CHI loses to MIN..their confidence is down and Grossman is 3 weeks out from playing, and only 2 weeks before, he was warming the bench. :D about it!!!

1263296[/snapback]

I agree with the Grossman segment, but how can you say their confidence is down after losing a meaningless game to MIN?

brutha, how can you say he can convert 3rd down after 3rd down, after he's played 6 quarters this year, and this is his first time going up against, what i would wager to say, the best secondary in the league. 

1263296[/snapback]

He practices against the best defense every day.

Not only am I takin the Cats but I am also going with the Over!!! :D

Weather will be no factor at all!

Carolina 20  Bears 13

1262727[/snapback]

Reverse that score and you will be right.

BTW weather is never a factor when it comes to the Bears. They actually have a bad record in the cold weather.

Reverse that score and you will be right.

BTW weather is never a factor when it comes to the Bears.  They actually have a bad record in the cold weather.

1263893[/snapback]

yeah on a local sport show the looked at the stats of the bears in "bear weather". and its a big misconception.

I think it's unbelievable how much people underrate the Bears.

1) They clearly have the better defense of the two teams and there is no doubt that THEY WILL pressure Delhomme and force him to make some mistakes.

2) I love how people say the Panthers played a bad game earlier this season; THEY PLAYED A BAD GAME BECAUSE OF THE BEARS' DEFENSE!

3) Everyone who is picking the Panthers, how bout you actually watch a Bears game?

4) The defense? Enough said, please.

5) Grossman might not have the numbers so far in his six quarters or whatever, but that isn't the point. Grossman has added confidence to a Bears' offense that was lacking some.

6) Grossman can make that tight throw and convert third down after third down.

7) The play different and they have changed their playcalling.

8) Plus, with even a resemblance of a passing game, Thomas Jones' job will be much, much easier.

9) Jones is probably one of  the most underrated players in the NFL. Give him some props, please.

It'll be a great, close game no doubt. Weather won't play a factor as weather here in Chicago is just beautiful lately. The Bears will beat them up just like they did earlier this season and eek out with the win.

Watch out, just watch out.

1263063[/snapback]

I am NOT underestimating the Bears. However, I disagree with several of your statements.

1) Not sure how you can say that their Defense is CLEARLY better than the Panthers.

Team Ru/G Pass/G Yds/G Sacks Int. Fum. Turn +/- Pts/G TDsCHI 102.3 179.5 281.8 41 24 10 34 6 12.6 4CAR 91.6 191.1 282.6 45 22 16 38 12 16.2 2

You must have not seen any Panthers game this year as they are slightly above CHI is several categories or slightly below in the others. The Panthers have a better running defense at 91.6 while the Bears were at 102.3 per game. Total yards against were basically even at 221.8 vs. 282.6. CAR had 45 sacks vs. 41. CHI had 24 picks vs. 22 for CAR. CAR had 16 FRs vs. 10 giving CAR 38 TOs vs. CHI 34. CAR had a better +/- ratio of 12 vs. 6. CHI had the better numbers for Scoring avg. 12.6 vs. 16.2 plus 4 TDs vs. 2 TDs. The Defenses are nearly a match and both are terrific, but your statement that the Bears D is CLEARLY better is simply NOT true.

2) I agree with have of your statement here. The Panthers played one of their worst game that day and came out flat. Jake's two early picks were bad decisions and helped the Bears take a 10 pt. lead. This caused our game plan to run at the ball to go out the window and helped the DL to tee off on Jake collecting 8 sacks that day. CAR has only given up 28 sacks for the year and 8 were that day. The OL is NOT that bad, but when you had us down early it caused us problems. The flow of the game dictated much of what happened that day and the Bears D deserves much credit for taking CAR out of their game plan.

3) No, because I don't get them here in NC.

4) The defense is terrific and deserves the kudos that they have earned.

5) Grossman has sparked the offense and is an upgrade against Orton, but 6 quarters of football compared to Jake who has been a starter for 3 years and has been in the SB gives the Panthers an advantage their. Grossman is starting his 8th game and 1st playoff game. Jake is starting in his 6th playoff game. Do NOT discount playoff experience as the speed and intensity of the game is much different than the regular season.

6) It is very hard to make this statement when he has only played 6 quarters of football. He is better than Orton, but the jury is out on him and you can see how well Eli Manning did last week. :D

7) Play calling is a byproduct of the game situation. If the Bears are winning or the game is tied, you will have a better chance to use the running game to keep the Panthers D off balance. If the Panthers take a lead and the Bears fall behind they will need to rely on the passing game and the pressure will fall on Grossman to make plays when the Panthers rush may fluster him and cause him to turnover the ball.

8) If they can keep their offensive balance Jones can help the team keep the chains moving, however, do you not realize that the Panthers rush D was tops in the NFC at 91.6 / game and that would have been a lot better had we not let Cadillac and JJ run wild in those two games we forget how to tackle. This is the playoffs and I don't TJ will run for more than 70 yds against the Panthers D.

9) He has played well and has been the best offensive weapon the Bears have. He is a nice RB and has enjoyed his best season as a pro. :D

I believe that the Panthers CAN win the game based on the playoff experience and their offense being more balance now that Foster has given our running game a boost. He should help keep the Bears D from loading up to stop SS and tee off on Jake sacking him. I think this game will hinge on turnovers that help give the offense a short field and a chance for 3 or 7 points. The Panthers offense can score against the Bears D, but we need to take good care of the ball and make the Bears drive it down the length of the field to try and score themselves.

Should be a great game. :D

Edited by PSULions

I agree with the Grossman segment, but how can you say their confidence is down after losing a meaningless game to MIN?

1263441[/snapback]

losing any game, especially to an "inferior" team when you're "super bowl bound", will effect a team's mindset. They played hard, and played to win. And the only person who needed to play (Grossman) didn't. :D

losing any game, especially to an "inferior" team when you're "super bowl bound", will effect a team's mindset. They played hard, and played to win. And the only person who needed to play (Grossman) didn't. :D

1265086[/snapback]

The last secondary Grossman faced in game action was the Packers. Sitting him in that last game was a mistake. Bears fans would do well to hope Grossman isn't put in a position of having to win the game for you. Under these circumstances he will likely not resemble the guy that carved up the Packers.

Edited by rattsass

1265086[/snapback]

What you say is true, BUT not when it's Week 17 and youre resting most of your starters. The Bears made no effort to win this game, the outcome didnt matter.

The Week 17 loss to the Vikings will have NO impact on this game.

the bears lack of offense helped to make their Def look that much better this yr too

not like 12 pts a game isnt good but I like Carolina on the revenge side of things

I am also going to say that I think NE BLOWS DENVER OUT!!

Brady is gonna pick apart their Defense and Dillon and Faulk will run all over Denver too :D

the bears lack of offense helped to make their Def look that much better this yr too

not like 12 pts a game isnt good but I like Carolina on the revenge side of things

I am also going to say that I think NE BLOWS DENVER OUT!!

Brady is gonna pick apart their Defense and Dillon and Faulk will run all over Denver too :D

1265238[/snapback]

Actually I like Faulk better in this game. Hopefully Dillon puts forth a better effort this week (still injured?) but I can see Faulk getting a bunch of looks in the passing game tonite.

What you say is true, BUT not when it's Week 17 and youre resting most of your starters. The Bears made no effort to win this game, the outcome didnt matter.

The Week 17 loss to the Vikings will have NO impact on this game.

1265215[/snapback]

he said hopefully.

Chicago has a great defense and NO offense.  None whatsoever. 

1262216[/snapback]

Then I guess that Washington must have "negative" offense. They're actually worse than the Bears.

If Orton was the QB this weekend, I would agree with the comments about the bears having no offence. But rex is the real deal.

1262398[/snapback]

I'm not sure what Rex has done to earn the "real deal" title, besides beating a pathetic Packers squad, throwing a couple stupid interceptions, and spending more time on crutches than in pads. Sure, he looks like a better option than Orton right now, but that's not saying much.

I hate to say it, but I just don't see them winning tomorrow. As the Redskins showed earlier today, you can't lean THAT heavily on your defense and expect to advance in the playoffs.

1265086[/snapback]

I disagree, loosing this game to MIN, is like losing a preseason game, and that is because teams like settle, and the bears who are the #1 & 2 seed, who did so great in the season, get an opportunity to rest there studs.

The Panthers are going to bench Julius Peppers to make it fair.

1263987[/snapback]

I hope u play Peppers, because Fred Miller ,bears tackle, has shut down peppers his whole career.

its kinda like when a pitcher has a batters number.

Peppers is a stud, but for some reason Miller is Peppers's penicillin

1265238[/snapback]

imagine this defense paired with the colt offence, they would be up 14-0 in the first, and the final would be 45-12, or something like that each game each game..oops im getting drinky.

Oh, do you have valentine’s bears for sale?

It IS a good point.  This ain't FF, this is the NFL and you can rattle up as many yards as you like, makes no difference because it's no use without the TDs.

1266455[/snapback]

Actually it was a good point because that put them in field goal range. But field goals don't win games or Superbowls for that matter.

Edited by WaterMan