[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers will beat the Bears

spain

Carolina will go into Chicago and beat the Bears this weekend. There I said it. Just dont tell my wife, but I am laying $$ on the Panthers to go into the Windy City and dismantle the Bears. Both have very good defenses. But Carolina actually has an offense. And experience. And a QB that has been there before. And a decent wr corps. Chicago has a great defense and NO offense. None whatsoever. They will keep in close. But in the end, Carolina is alot more well rounded.

Carolina 17

Bears 9

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good call in my opinion Spain. I don't think you are going too far out on a limb with that prediction.

To me, most factors including weather, point to a Carolina victory.

I agree, so hopefully we'll both be pocketing some $$ this weekend.  :D

1262222[/snapback]

:D Hoping that your 2 teams, the Panthers and Seahawks make to next week?

Edited by Big John

Good luck on your bets, but there are way to many people underestimating the bears offence with rex in there. He is not Orton.

If Orton was the QB this weekend, I would agree with the comments about the bears having no offence. But rex is the real deal.

A funny side note. rex has the bears meetings on his IPOD, and he is listening to them all over and over, i thought that was kind of funny.

Good luck on your bets, but there are way to many people underestimating the bears offence with rex in there. He is not Orton.

If Orton was the QB this weekend, I would agree with the comments about the bears having no offence. But rex is the real deal.

A funny side note. rex has the bears meetings on his IPOD, and he is listening to them all over and over, i thought that was kind of funny.

1262398[/snapback]

Glassman will get knocked out of the game quicker than Palmer did...

If you have to bet this one, make it part of a two team seven point teaser...say CAR +10 and NE +10. The payoff certainly isnt as great but its a much safer wager.

I even like NE +10 CHI +4, if you want to flip that game. I think it will be close.

While I did not predict that, it would certainly not be a surprise to see it happen. The Bears have an awesome defense but they could never play from behind with that offense. If Panthers can get a lead, they will likely win. If they get a lead of more than 7 points, then the game is likely over.

Don't underestimate the team with the best defense which would be the Chicago Bears.  I could definately see Delhomme throwing a few picks with one returned for a TD.

1262493[/snapback]

Yep, that's what i see happening.

Call it homerism, but Carolina isn't going to be able to run all over the Bears, which will once again make them one dimensional...and they'll throw to Steve Smith all game again. Keep him out of the end zone, and the most Carolina will put on the board is 9 points.

Can the Bears score at least 10 against Carolina? Yes, they can.

And they will.

Bears will win this game.

While I did not predict that, it would certainly not be a surprise to see it happen. The Bears have an awesome defense but they could never play from behind with that offense. If Panthers can get a lead, they will likely win. If they get a lead of more than 7 points, then the game is likely over.

1262479[/snapback]

7 is a little too low imo. Their defense could very well score more than that.

I think it's unbelievable how much people underrate the Bears. They clearly have the better defense of the two teams and there is no doubt that THEY WILL pressure Delhomme and force him to make some mistakes. I love how people say the Panthers played a bad game earlier this season; THEY PLAYED A BAD GAME BECAUSE OF THE BEARS' DEFENSE! Everyone who is picking the Panthers, how bout you actually watch a Bears game? The defense? Enough said, please. Grossman might not have the numbers so far in his six quarters or whatever, but that isn't the point. Grossman has added confidence to a Bears' offense that was lacking some. Grossman can make that tight throw and convert third down after third down. The play different and they have changed their playcalling. Plus, with even a resemblance of a passing game, Thomas Jones' job will be much, much easier. Jones is probably one of the most underrated players in the NFL. Give him some props, please.

It'll be a great, close game no doubt. Weather won't play a factor as weather here in Chicago is just beautiful lately. The Bears will beat them up just like they did earlier this season and eek out with the win.

Watch out, just watch out.

Edited by Goopster24

Carolina will go into Chicago and beat the Bears this weekend.  There I said it.  Just dont tell my wife, but I am laying $$ on the Panthers to go into the Windy City and dismantle the Bears.  Both have very good defenses.  But Carolina actually has an offense.  And experience.  And a QB that has been there before.  And a decent wr corps.  Chicago has a great defense and NO offense.  None whatsoever.  They will keep in close.  But in the end, Carolina is alot more well rounded.

Carolina 17

Bears 9

1262216[/snapback]

WRONG.....how'bout I take you out back, kick you in the balls and take half your money and we call it even :D

Da Bears 20

Carolina 7