[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HAG question for the commissioners

Grits and Shins

I know you've just been through the ringer ... but I have another question in regards to waiting lists ...

Should we allow owners in a league to forgoe their last year of eligibility in one league in order to get an open spot in the next league up?

For instance ... TimC will be 40 this September ... which means at the start of the season he is 39 and will be in his last year of Prime Time. Should we consider letting him grab the open spot in Generation Lost now? Instead of making him play his last year in PRT and then hitting a waiting list next year?

It's just a thought and would only apply to those owners in their last year of eligibility.

This would have the added benefit of allowing both twiley AND Skrappy1 to move up.

Last year we allowed JoJo in Generation Lost despite the fact he was of HOT age.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I know you've just been through the ringer ... but I have another question in regards to waiting lists ...

Should we allow owners in a league to forgoe their last year of eligibility in one league in order to get an open spot in the next league up?

For instance ... TimC will be 40 this September ... which means at the start of the season he is 39 and will be in his last year of Prime Time.  Should we consider letting him grab the open spot in Generation Lost now?  Instead of making him play his last year in PRT and then hitting a waiting list next year?

It's just a thought and would only apply to those owners in their last year of eligibility.

This would have the added benefit of allowing both twiley AND Skrappy1 to move up.

Last year we allowed JoJo in Generation Lost despite the fact he was of HOT age.

1263891[/snapback]

My initial reaction to this is that it won't fly. Nothing to do with the individuals invoved or any such thing, just that it violates the main premise of the league. We drew lines for age groups, and I don't know how much people are going to want to blur those lines. The age groups are what is supposed to make this league special. We had talked about overlap originally and felt like the best thing was to set some hard rules and do our best to administer them.

That's not to say it isn't a good question or without merit. I have brought this up in the HAG forum for discussion. We'll see how it goes.

There are like 10 different subjects on tap there, so I wouldn't expect any resolution anytime very soon.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

My initial reaction to this is that it won't fly.  Nothing to do with the individuals invoved or any such thing, just that it violates the main premise of the league.  We drew lines for age groups, and I don't know how much people are going to want to blur those lines.  The age groups are what is supposed to make this league special.  We had talked about overlap originally and felt like the best thing was to set some hard rules and do our best to administer them.

That's not to say it isn't a good question or without merit.  I have brought this up in the HAG forum for discussion.  We'll see how it goes.

There are like 10 different subjects on tap there, so I wouldn't expect any resolution anytime very soon.

1264358[/snapback]

I understand that ... but wonder if the fact that TimC will be 40 before the season is over might have some bearing?

I understand that ... but wonder if the fact that TimC will be 40 before the season is over might have some bearing?

1264388[/snapback]

Tha age group is 41 and over, and the charter specifically requires a person to have reached the age by kickoff. If TimC is going to be 40 during next season, he has 2 more seasons in Prime Time. I imagine he thinks it's only one season left...

I understand what you are saying, and have stated the case with some suggested language to modify the charter.

The problem is again that this creates a blurred line as to where the age groups begin and end. We'll see what the commishes thoughts are, but I am pretty sure they are going to line up on the definative age group side.

Once we have discussed this and the other things and have come to some kind of an accord, We'll post the update in our respective forum.

BTW...it would be a better idea to post these suggestion in a league forum. I almost missed this, and they would be more likely to be spotted there.

So what's the verdict?

:D

Sorry, just wanted to beat Nsab to it.

1264434[/snapback]

:D