[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Smith

Outshined

Simply put  .. IMO Steve Smith was the best player in the NFL this year.

1268513[/snapback]

I think he only got one MVP vote or something like that. That is absurd. You saw how SEA did without Shaun, they did just fine. You take S. Smith out of CAR, and they are nowhere near the playoffs. I don't mean to take anything away from what Shaun did this year, he was amazing...I guess I was just surprised Smtih didn't get more MVP votes.

I think he only got one MVP vote or something like that.  That is absurd.  You saw how SEA did without Shaun, they did just fine.  You take S. Smith out of CAR, and they are nowhere near the playoffs.  I don't mean to take anything away from what Shaun did this year, he was amazing...I guess I was just surprised Smtih didn't get more MVP votes.

1268520[/snapback]

well, i believe w/o SA, there's no playoffs for SEA, and definitely no home field advantage...You can't just take 28 TD's lightly..that helps big time in a playoff hunt..

But I agree, w/o Smith, no playoffs...not close..hell, not 5 wins. Colbert and Proehl are good, but they couldn't be the one trick pony and still get it done.

I almost feel bad for those guys...Smith is pulling all sorts of protection and schemes, and THEY STILL can't get as open as he does. Delhomme calls for him like his mommy after a bad dream...

Edited by LooGie

Lots of love for Chad Johnson. I had him on a couple squads this year and didn't think he had that great of a season. He particularly tailed off toward the end. I'd put Fitzgerald ahead of him right now:

1. Smith

2. Holt

3. Fitz

4. C. Johnson

1269018[/snapback]

SHHHHH

Lots of love for Chad Johnson. I had him on a couple squads this year and didn't think he had that great of a season. He particularly tailed off toward the end. I'd put Fitzgerald ahead of him right now:

1. Smith

2. Holt

3. Fitz

4. C. Johnson

1269018[/snapback]

I agree, but since Boldin and Fitz's numbers were practically the same, how can you not include Boldin also?

Smith is my new favorite player. NO one is more exciting to watch when thery get the ball IMO. I know theres plenty to argue about that, but Smith is clearly my number 1 WR next year. In fact, hes my keeper in a league where we keep 1. My only other option would be McGahee and theres too many questions with him.

Steve Smith could be the new Jerry Rice :D

However, he hasn't had two great years in a row. Consistency is the key here. Would take him over Harrison, Moss, Ward, Fitz, C Johnson, and Owens. Would really debate him or Torry ( I have won 4 championships with Holt on my teams) but would be happy with either.