[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jake Delhomme

rattsass

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Delhomme has played in a SB.  Hass, Plummer and Ben combined =0

Delhomme has also played in more playoff games than each of the other 3

1270003[/snapback]

Ahhh, fair point, GTS didn't mention that he was talking about the playoffs.

:D  I don't know what you mean by this.  Delhomme has 49ish career starts.  Hasselbeck has significantly more, adn plummer has more than twice as many...

1269986[/snapback]

Plummer and Hasselbeck won their first playoff games this weekend.

What Jake Delhomme has that the others don't is Steve Smith. That's a hugh advantage.

Hasslebeck has Alexander, though, and DJax. And Engram. And Jurevicious. Delhomme really just as Smith.

But you have to give Carolina a nice edge on Defense.

And the Seahawks a nice edge on home field. Carolina's working on playing it's 4th game in a row on the road. Tough stuff.

What Jake Delhomme has that the others don't is Steve Smith.  That's a hugh advantage.

Hasslebeck has Alexander, though, and DJax.  And Engram.  And Jurevicious.  Delhomme really just as Smith.

But you have to give Carolina a nice edge on Defense.

And the Seahawks a nice edge on home field.  Carolina's working on playing it's 4th game in a row on the road.  Tough stuff.

1270023[/snapback]

Shut down Steve Smith and you win the game. Seems simple enough, but tell that to the Bears, although I don't think the Bears game planned that way, but I'm certain the Seahawks will.

I don't like him as a person. He gets under my skins with his arm flailing and yelling. Also ever look at his when he goes to pass? His tongue sticks out of his mouth like a cow.

THAT BEING SAID...

I think the man is a fantastic QB. Not because he is in the playoffs but when it is a pressure, high stress game, he knows how to get the ball to his big play receiver. He knows how to check down and he knows what to do. I think he does have a great career ahead of him.

I am not a fan of the Panthers at all BUT I hope they take out the seahawks. Because either Pitts or Broncos will level the Seahawks in the super bowl and I don't want a lopsided game.

Hence, send in the cats to do what they do best.

I am not a fan of the Panthers at all BUT I hope they take out the seahawks.  Because either Pitts or Broncos will level the Seahawks in the super bowl and I don't want a lopsided game.

1270058[/snapback]

Bitter? :D:D

I don't like him as a person.  He gets under my skins with his arm flailing and yelling.  Also ever look at his when he goes to pass?  His tongue sticks out of his mouth like a cow.

1270058[/snapback]

The guy is a freak, but that's what is great about him. Some guy named Jordan used to annoy the schlitz out of me with that tongue thing.

Bitter?  :D  :D

1270062[/snapback]

Honest, not really. More of a "I want a good super bowl game." not a repeat of the Giant/ravens or the Tampa/Oakland game, ya know.

The panthers/patriots superbowl was awesome. I love Super Bowls that come down to who has the ball last.

I am not a fan of the Panthers at all BUT I hope they take out the seahawks.  Because either Pitts or Broncos will level the Seahawks in the super bowl and I don't want a lopsided game.

Hence, send in the cats to do what they do best.

1270058[/snapback]

i can't help but feel like the Seahawks will get creamed in 40 either. I truly feel CAR matches up better with both AFC teams...However I think the NFC Championship game is gonna be a great test for the Cats. If SEA goes to 40, i have a feeling the NFC championship game will be the better game to watch...

Well, Dan Patrick has just eluded, that after yesterdays game Delhomme is the highest rated QB in NFL PO history-so wether it's exp or whatever, he's battle tested and PO approved.

1270165[/snapback]

He's come a long way since being Aaron Brooks's backup at NO. I bet they wish they could have a do-over on that one.

Well, Dan Patrick has just eluded, that after yesterdays game Delhomme is the highest rated QB in NFL PO history-so wether it's exp or whatever, he's battle tested and PO approved.

1270165[/snapback]

I agree, if Jake brings Carolina to the SuperBowl and they win, he would be 7-1 in the playoffs. Right now, he's 5-1 with 10 TDs, 2 INTs, a 62.4 completion percentage in the post season.

Year  Opp   Result  |  CMP  ATT   PYD PTD INT---------------------+--------------------------2003  dal  W,29-10  |   18   29   273   1   0 2003  ram  W,29-23  |   16   26   290   1   1 2003  phi  W,14-3   |    9   14   101   1   0  2003  nwe  L,29-32  |   16   33   323   3   0 2005  nyg  W,23-0   |   15   22   140   1   02005  chi  W,29-21  |   24   33   319   3   1 ---------------------+--------------------------TOTAL                |   98  157  1446  10   2  

Not to take a shot at my man Brady, but the INT he threw in Denver, forcing it in the endzone, was very similar to the INT he threw in the Superbowl vs Carolina.

The Baily INT was the biggest game changing play. Worst case is Brady gets sacked and they make a short fieldgoal and are down 10-9. Instead, they are down 17-6.

Edited by charty

1270165[/snapback]

what's the minimum for playoff history?6 games?I like Delhomme as an NFL QB.I kinda think he gets a little too animated for me at times,but he's a good one.Some of these stats are a little out of control.Hard to compare QB ratings on 1 guy for 6 games and another for twice that many...