[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jake Delhomme

rattsass

After Peyton Manning's umpteenth big game choke-orama, it makes a guy like Delhomme even more impressive. Here is a guy from out of nowhere, that has worked his way through the ranks, and now stands poised to lead his team to it's second NFC Championship game in 3 years.

That pitch and catch show against the Bears was unreal. And I won't be betting against Carolina this week even though I was sold on the Seahawks before the playoffs started.

Logic still tells me the Seahawks will roll. But before the games yesterday I placed a 4-1 bet on the Panthers to win the NFC........just in case. After getting burned by the Colts yesterday, I can't help thinking how many times Holmgrens Seahawks have burned me. Seattle -4? Hell no. Not me. I ain't betting against Smith and Delhomme. If they are on. It's over.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

delhomme is one firey guy

1269064[/snapback]

He's Cajun, so yeah he's firey. My gf went to school with him and Stokley at UL-Lafayette. Seems like a good guy; despite him carving up my Bears, I'm happy for the guy. I have no love for the Hawks, so I'm hoping the Panthers go up to Seattle and smack 'em in the grill.

Edit: The Cajun pronunciation of his name, FYI, is "Dell-come". :D

Edited by darin3

I like Delhomme. He's proven himself in big games. But for some reason, he always seems to make one really bad throw every game....like the Urlacher pick yesterday. You can bank on it.

"Firey" is kind. He gets way too animated. Chill a little Jake. You've been there before.

I like Delhomme.  He's proven himself in big games.  But for some reason, he always seems to make one really bad throw every game....like the Urlacher pick yesterday.  You can bank on it.

"Firey" is kind.  He gets way too animated.  Chill  a little Jake.  You've been there before.

1269148[/snapback]

The Urlacher INT was not a bad throw, as Url had to jump as high as he could, got a few finger tips on it, and brought it down. If he miss times that jump, it was 6 for Carolina, so more of an exceptional play by Url, than a bad throw by Jake.

like the Urlacher pick yesterday. 

1269148[/snapback]

that wasnt a bad throw but a great play by urlacher

The Urlacher INT was not a bad throw, as Url had to jump as high as he could, got a few finger tips on it, and brought it down. If he miss times that jump, it was 6 for Carolina, so more of an exceptional play by Url, than a bad throw by Jake.

1269154[/snapback]

not sure about the 6pts but it was a great play by urlacher

that wasnt a bad throw but a great play by urlacher

not sure about the 6pts but it was a great play by urlacher

1269174[/snapback]

True, but Prohel would have caught it around the 18 yd line, and he was all alone, if not 6, then 1st and goal.

Delhomme is da man in the playoffs! Tough to bet against him . This weekend will be the biggest test for him since the superbowl IMO. Another reason I like this guy is that he's won me playoff pools in the past. I wanted him in the playoff draft again, but no luck this time; these guys catch on quick.

1269154[/snapback]

ya, i was a nice catch by Urlacher. and it was probably a decent read by Delhomme. but to say it wasn't a bad throw is wrong. he threw it to Urlacher. Urlacher didn't come out of nowhere. He was underneath Proehl and Delhomme made a poor throw.

and i'll say it again, I like Delhomme.

He's Cajun, so yeah he's firey.  My gf went to school with him and Stokley at UL-Lafayette.  Seems like a good guy; despite him carving up my Bears, I'm happy for the guy.  I have no love for the Hawks, so I'm hoping the Panthers go up to Seattle and smack 'em in the grill.

Edit:  The Cajun pronunciation of his name, FYI, is "Dell-come".  :D

1269139[/snapback]

no kidding? is it Dell comb or dell cum? Never knew that. good info man.

I gotta say, if it's game on the line, now or never, play or go home, make or break yatta yatta yatta, I'd take Brady, then a very close CLOSE second, I'd take Delhomme. Plus, he plays with emotion, which is just fun to watch.

good post!

Here is a guy from out of nowhere, that has worked his way through the ranks, and now stands poised to lead his team to it's second NFC Championship game in 3 years.

1269046[/snapback]

Ben is leading his team to the second AFC Championship game in 2 years. :D:D

Ben is leading his team to the second AFC Championship game in 2 years.  :D  :D

1269516[/snapback]

This is a perfect example of why so many people find you so annoying. It's a topic about Delhomme but you have to chime in about how great Big Ben is and how you wish he would drop a load on your belly. Please just stick to posting in any of your 20 recent Steeler topics you have started. That way it's easier for many of us to ignore you.

Thanking you in advance UT2.

This is a perfect example of why so many people find you so annoying.  It's a topic about Delhomme but you have to chime in about how great Big Ben is and how you wish he would drop a load on your belly.  Please just stick to posting in any of your 20 recent Steeler topics you have started.  That way it's easier for many of us to ignore you.

1269537[/snapback]

Hey buddy, do you understand what :D means. Also, you were the 'idiot' who called me out on an earlier thread, only to have me defended by all of the long-time, respected posters at the Huddle.

Talking about Ben dropping a load on my belly shows your maturity level. Nice work. :D

This is a perfect example of why so many people find you so annoying.  It's a topic about Delhomme but you have to chime in about how great Big Ben is and how you wish he would drop a load on your belly.  Please just stick to posting in any of your 20 recent Steeler topics you have started.  That way it's easier for many of us to ignore you.

1269537[/snapback]

Hey buddy, do you understand what  :D  means.  Also, you were the 'idiot' who called me out on an earlier thread, only to have me defended by all of the long-time, respected posters at the Huddle.

Talking about Ben dropping a load on my belly shows your maturity level.  Nice work.  :D

1269597[/snapback]

On top of it, the guy has to use an alias to rip on you... that's pretty bush league IMO.

according to menudo...i rank #2 on the huddles all time list of "annoying, classless patriots homers"...right behind UT

1269607[/snapback]

No way buddy, we might have had our issues, but you are WAY down the list. Finger is the new UT, not you.

Edit: Oh you said Patriots list. You are #3 behind UT and Finger, and I think that is agreed on by everyone here. However, there is a pretty big distance both between UT and Finger, and between Finger and you.

Edited by Menudo

Hey buddy, do you understand what  :D  means.  Also, you were the 'idiot' who called me out on an earlier thread, only to have me defended by all of the long-time, respected posters at the Huddle.

Talking about Ben dropping a load on my belly shows your maturity level.  Nice work.  :D

1269597[/snapback]

I gotta admit, it was pretty funny, although juvenile.

Hey DMD, anyway to check the IP address and tell us who is too scared to actually post with their reg account? That to me, is just laughable. Have the stones to say what you mean, and let everyone know who means what they say!